Overpower bug?

Overpower bug?

by 50eddy50 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:57 pm

I never played a warrior in Vanilla back in the day, but overpower to me on this server seems like its a bit broken or something. Sometimes it process for me, and I only get a split second window to actually use it. I don't understand what mechanic is at play here. I mained a warrior from WoTLK until current live patch and overpower never did that. If anyone can help me understand this I would be thankful. If its of any help, I am currently only lvl 26.
50eddy50
Tester

Re: Overpower bug?

by Selkie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:41 am

Seems to be a bug I've had issues with this for quite awhile now exactly as you described.
Selkie
Private
Private

by Youfie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:48 am

I'm no warrior-expert, but iirc I heard you could only use Overpower on the target from whom you actually dodged an attack. Could it have any impact on the bug you're describing?
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by vido » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:16 am

That's it, you can only overpower on the target that dodged the attack. So if that target dies you lose the overpower proc.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Talesavo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:40 am

Also, you can't overpower on Sweeping Strike proc dodges as well.
www.twitch.tv/talesavotv

-those fucks at blizzard banned talesavo13. :(
Talesavo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lingon » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:15 pm

While the other replies are also correct, it sounds to me as if you are experiencing a combat log lagg, very common unfortunately. You only get the announcement that a hit has been dodged when the combat log has processed it, but by that time the server may only have a second or so left in it's "overpower allowed" window.

If you are often getting two hits at once, this is the likely culprit.
Lingon
Grunt
Grunt

by Brion » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:29 pm

Lingon wrote:While the other replies are also correct, it sounds to me as if you are experiencing a combat log lagg, very common unfortunately. You only get the announcement that a hit has been dodged when the combat log has processed it, but by that time the server may only have a second or so left in it's "overpower allowed" window.

In these cases, it's best to get a combat log mod like Mik's Scrolling Battle Text. You can have Overpower procs stand out as well.
Quyzbuk - Tauren Warrior [PVP]
Linguo - Tauren Druid [PVE]
Brion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:44 pm

Brion wrote:
Lingon wrote:While the other replies are also correct, it sounds to me as if you are experiencing a combat log lagg, very common unfortunately. You only get the announcement that a hit has been dodged when the combat log has processed it, but by that time the server may only have a second or so left in it's "overpower allowed" window.

In these cases, it's best to get a combat log mod like Mik's Scrolling Battle Text. You can have Overpower procs stand out as well.

Or get the addon overpower-alert.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zmandude24 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:49 pm

It only seems to happen to me a few times every now and then but it is annoying.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vido » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:43 pm

overpoweralert is very dodgy on this server, the only addon I found that tracked dodges flawlessly was warriorhud (you can disable everything apart from the overpower tracker).

I have yet to find a swingtimer though that doesn't screw up due to combat log delay.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Warrior