Questions about items for fury dps

Questions about items for fury dps

by TyrantRC » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:25 pm

So I have been trying to understand how good crit is in a warrior fury armor for dps in comparison with ST

for example I have this 2 items Deathdealer Breastplate and Warforged Chestplate and I know that crit is kinda rare in items preraid but how good is 2% in comparison with 16 ST+armor

I also have trouble comparing items with ST and agility, how much agility points do I need to equal 1 ST point in quality. For example I have these items Flamescarred Shoulders and Bile-etched Spaulders which are honestly pretty subpar, but I still want to know which one is better until I get a better one.

And one last question is on what should I seek from weapons? general damage or just dps? I was using these before Tooth of Eranikus and Thrash Blade until I got Soul Breaker which has less damage but more dps because of speed, and I noticed that I usually have more rage with this one not sure if is because I do more whites or because of the damage
TyrantRC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Questions about items for fury dps

by vido » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:00 pm

As a rough guide you can look at your tooltip dps and knowing that 14 ap = 1dps on non normalized attacks you can find the percentage dps that the added str amounts to and mutilply it by 1+your crit chance-miss chance and then compare it to the crit percentage * 1.2 to account for impale.

14*0.45 is roughly 6 additional BT damage and you'll notice that it's also 1dps added to BT so this would be pretty accurate if you're weapon skill capped and if your weapon speed is close to the normalized speed of your special attacks.

Going through all this trouble is still going to be less accurate than a spreadsheet since you're omitting glancing blows, flurry uptime etc. so I'd recommend using the one stickied in the subforum or give Sulfuras' sheet a go:http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=36432.

Also one last note; more ap will lead to more bursty rage generation hence more wasted rage through rage cap/stance dancing. This isn't taken into account in any spreadsheet at the moment since it's marginal given vanilla itemization, but it's nice to keep in mind.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Questions about items for fury dps

by TyrantRC » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:51 am

vido wrote:Going through all this trouble is still going to be less accurate than a spreadsheet since you're omitting glancing blows, flurry uptime etc. so I'd recommend using the one stickied in the subforum or give Sulfuras' sheet a go:http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=36432.

Ok fair enough, I did checked the spreadsheet but I have no idea how to use it, like what should I use it for?, maybe I'm being stupid, but I have no idea on what to look in for. I'm pretty new in wow, I played a bit in private servers in TBC but that was a long time ago so I'm kinda getting seriously into the game just recently

EDIT: nvm just figured that I need to enable editing to changes value.. will play a bit with it to understand it better, thanks for the info
TyrantRC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Warrior