How much pre-bis gear should i sacrifice for FR greens?

How much pre-bis gear should i sacrifice for FR greens?

by orchil » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:24 pm

Prot warrior going into MC for the first time with pretty much bis pre-raid. I have onyxia pendant and drakki shield, scale cloak on its way. I also have 3 greens which give about 60fr alltogether (2 rings and a pair of boots). Is it worth for me to gain about 60 fr and be around 120FR in total to sacrifice these 3 items?(about45 stam and 30 str)
orchil
Tester

Re: How much pre-bis gear should i sacrifice for FR greens?

by Problazer » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:12 pm

You only need FR if you are tanking Rag. And if you tank Rag you want to get as close to 255 before buffs as possible.

Just focus on +FR and Stam. If you have trouble hitting 255 you can get the FR buff from mind-controlling the dudes in UBRS. There is also juju ember and +resist potions you can use.
Problazer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:42 pm

Problazer wrote:You only need FR if you are tanking Rag. And if you tank Rag you want to get as close to 255 before buffs as possible.

Just focus on +FR and Stam. If you have trouble hitting 255 you can get the FR buff from mind-controlling the dudes in UBRS. There is also juju ember and +resist potions you can use.

You need FR for tanking Geddon too. Also its nice to have for the trash after Geddon. He will also have some nice use for FR gear in BWL. There's no reason to go cheap when it comes to FR gear.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Problazer » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:49 pm

St0rfan wrote:
Problazer wrote:You only need FR if you are tanking Rag. And if you tank Rag you want to get as close to 255 before buffs as possible.

You need FR for tanking Geddon too. Also its nice to have for the trash after Geddon. He will also have some nice use for FR gear in BWL. There's no reason to go cheap when it comes to FR gear.

Yea FR on geddon really depends on where your raid is at I guess. I used to do FR cap every time on him and trash but I forgot to last run and didn't feel much of a difference.

We make sure to have our nightfall warriors in FR on geddon though so that they can stand in the AOE to keep the proc up.

Definitely wasn't advising to skimp on FR, Its obviously mandatory on Vael and if you use the tank strat on Technicians. Was just trying to put him at ease if he has to use some greens to tank Rag/Geddon.
Problazer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Undertanker » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:51 pm

orchil wrote:Prot warrior going into MC for the first time with pretty much bis pre-raid. I have onyxia pendant and drakki shield, scale cloak on its way. I also have 3 greens which give about 60fr alltogether (2 rings and a pair of boots). Is it worth for me to gain about 60 fr and be around 120FR in total to sacrifice these 3 items?(about45 stam and 30 str)

Yes. And yes.

Rings are your best slots to make up for FR gear. Boots are the worst Pre-Raid gear slot so you won't be missing much there. Don't forget to complete your Onxyia quest line to get the 15 FR neck. Hydrolic armor can prob get for 10g on AH until you get T1 chest. For your second trinket, get a Blazing Emblem from the AH runs around 27-50g. 15 FR and click to use, reduce fire damage taken AND increases FR by a lot.

Keep a look out for domo chest for the leather FR shoulders - BiS, and the Cloak as well with int on it from his chest. These should be tank prio in your raids. T1 helm is a great item to use when you add 20 FR on it. It has a mix FR, Stam, DEF, and Avoidance which makes it great for the trash and bosses that FR is needed on.

If you are worried about your stam while in FR gear, when we first started MC, I would bring a "Spirit of the Boar" potion from blasted lands to give me 250 more HP. It's a 1 hour buff but can only carry 1. Very useful until your guild can start crafting FR gear.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Undertanker » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:12 pm

Problazer wrote:Its obviously mandatory on Vael and if you use the tank strat on Technicians.

On Vael I've tested with a mix of FR gear while maintaining 425 def vs my threat gear (six hit (using Lionheart helm) 425 def.

The damage was approximately 48 damage taken per sec increase not putting on the FR gear. The MT averages around mid 800 damage per second received. It is much more important to wear some hit (Lionheart can seem excessive but I don't have Accuria yet) - and I have world buffs on with this w/o Flask 9.9k HP.

Hit > FR on Vael when your giuld is pushing a couple melee on 1.4k dps and many others in the 900-1k dps. After a getting aggro, FR pot + HP/Health Stone > LLG > Right before it wares off Last stand > Right before it wares off Shield wall (Burning should begin).

For trash packs if you opt to tank these with a Warrior rather than Mage kite/AOE strat, they still shouldn't be getting hit. The Fire damage is pre-warned to you 1.5 sec before damage is dealt, if you watch the ground you will see an animation of what looks like dynamite thrown at you, but the damage received is delayed allowing you to avoid the 5 yard damage. You can just run in a circle around them spaming shouts and be perfectly fine.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zmandude24 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:15 pm

Don't forget about the magic resistance pots for an easy 50 fire resist. The bare minimum unbuffed fire resist for Rag is 137 for horde (only 107 for alliance). This minimum is assuming you are using the UBRS buff. It's 220 for horde and 190 for alliance without the buff. You should be ok on Geddon if you have 200 buffed fire resist though, but you need 315 buffed for Raggy.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Heldunder » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:32 pm

honestly vael isnt an FR fight. its a dps vs tps fight.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:50 pm

zmandude24 wrote:Don't forget about the magic resistance pots for an easy 50 fire resist. The bare minimum unbuffed fire resist for Rag is 137 for horde (only 107 for alliance). This minimum is assuming you are using the UBRS buff. It's 220 for horde and 190 for alliance without the buff. You should be ok on Geddon if you have 200 buffed fire resist though, but you need 315 buffed for Raggy.

Yeah that would be for Horde. For alli the +50 all resist does not stack with pally aura.

Cant remember if Shammy has FR totem, if so this is not a valid source of Fire resist unless your G1 buffer died some how, then use it if a brez isnt available.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zmandude24 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:41 am

Undertanker wrote:
zmandude24 wrote:Don't forget about the magic resistance pots for an easy 50 fire resist. The bare minimum unbuffed fire resist for Rag is 137 for horde (only 107 for alliance). This minimum is assuming you are using the UBRS buff. It's 220 for horde and 190 for alliance without the buff. You should be ok on Geddon if you have 200 buffed fire resist though, but you need 315 buffed for Raggy.

Yeah that would be for Horde. For alli the +50 all resist does not stack with pally aura.

Cant remember if Shammy has FR totem, if so this is not a valid source of Fire resist unless your G1 buffer died some how, then use it if a brez isnt available.

Are you sure about it not stacking with the pally aura? I saw that it does stack on the PvE server when I MTd Geddon on my ally warrior with both buffs on me (also the fire juju). I had only a half ass set of 88 at the time, but I was able to get 210ish-220ish with buffs, so they at least appear to stack.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Warrior