How much pre-bis gear should i sacrifice for FR greens?

Re: How much pre-bis gear should i sacrifice for FR greens?

by orchil » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:13 am

Thanks for all the useful replies. Im thinking of getting the volcanic set(leather). Do you guys think its worth it on gheddon and rag? or do they do physical damage aswell?
orchil
Tester

by zmandude24 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:24 pm

orchil wrote:Thanks for all the useful replies. Im thinking of getting the volcanic set(leather). Do you guys think its worth it on gheddon and rag? or do they do physical damage aswell?

Sure it will work for them as a ghetto option, but there will almost certainly be situations where you will take heavy fire damage but also physical, so the Dark Iron Set is the one to ultimately strive for. Any decent guild will make it a top priority to get 2 tanks with the soft cap I mentioned earlier at the bare minimum. Make sure to do the short quest chain in Winterspring to unlock the fire jujus (you don't need a group if you are good at avoiding elites), grind some bears there for Shardtooth E'ko, and then turn them in for Juju Embers. The magic resist pots might not stack with the pally aura despite my tooltip saying they do, so the soft cap for ally is 157, not 107 if that's true.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Argint » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:33 pm

Following on from this as a similar topic. What would you suggest for a tank going into AQ?
Argint
Tester

by St0rfan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Argint wrote:Following on from this as a similar topic. What would you suggest for a tank going into AQ?

t1 gear or better for tanking and 200+ NR gear.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Undertanker » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:47 pm

zmandude24 wrote:
orchil wrote:Thanks for all the useful replies. Im thinking of getting the volcanic set(leather). Do you guys think its worth it on gheddon and rag? or do they do physical damage aswell?

Sure it will work for them as a ghetto option, but there will almost certainly be situations where you will take heavy fire damage but also physical, so the Dark Iron Set is the one to ultimately strive for. Any decent guild will make it a top priority to get 2 tanks with the soft cap I mentioned earlier at the bare minimum. Make sure to do the short quest chain in Winterspring to unlock the fire jujus (you don't need a group if you are good at avoiding elites), grind some bears there for Shardtooth E'ko, and then turn them in for Juju Embers. The magic resist pots might not stack with the pally aura despite my tooltip saying they do, so the soft cap for ally is 157, not 107 if that's true.

Soft cap???

I guess that means?????

You want to be a weekly tank for Rag? Get 255 unbuffed or 240 with Juju ember. UBRS FR buff is only a crutch until you get enough for crafting the FR gear.

Start a new thread for your AQ entry gear question.

/thread
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zmandude24 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:32 pm

Undertanker wrote:
zmandude24 wrote:

Soft cap???

I guess that means?????

You want to be a weekly tank for Rag? Get 255 unbuffed or 240 with Juju ember. UBRS FR buff is only a crutch until you get enough for crafting the FR gear.

Start a new thread for your AQ entry gear question.

/thread

Yes, the soft cap is accounting for the UBRS buff. The soft cap is based on tanking for a guild that's progressing in MC and can't get their primary tanks the 240 fire resist gear. Obviously you want 240 fire resist if you can get it.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Warrior