Band of Accuria Class Priority

Band of Accuria Class Priority

by Problazer » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:20 pm

Where do you guys think Band of Accuria should fall in terms of class/spec priority?

I have read some people saying they would give it to a prot warrior over a fury. I assume this is because Nef ring + quickstrike/AV ring would be better? Obviously stat trading comes into play and im sure some fury wars would make use of it when trying to stay under crit cap. Where would dagger rogues vs. sword rogues fall into line? Please elaborate your reasoning so I have an argument to get one in my loot council ;p
Problazer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Band of Accuria Class Priority

by St0rfan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:44 pm

Prot warriors > rogues > furies.

It's BiS TPS ring for Prot. Rogues have Donjulios/Nef ring and Furies have Donjulios/nef/Quickstrike.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:47 pm

I'd have guessed +hit items would be given to fury warriors over rogues first since the former don't have a +5% hit talent boost, unlike the latter. Rogues can eventually reach the 27% required to never miss dual wielding, fury warriors won't.

But just an impression.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by JeeTee » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:26 pm

Rog > MT > fury > OT
JeeTee
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by sownu » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:I'd have guessed +hit items would be given to fury warriors over rogues first since the former don't have a +5% hit talent boost, unlike the latter. Rogues can eventually reach the 27% required to never miss dual wielding, fury warriors won't.

But just an impression.

Hit being valuable after reaching soft cap is a myth, crit and ap is more valuable so you should never aim for high hit as it gimps other stats.

Up until crit cap where you should swap out some crit items for hit (or ap better), but band of accuria is not one of them.

If you are at point where you could get band of accuria you can get said other items to swap out if you are crit capped, so ring should realistically never go to fury unless it literally gets disenchanted otherwise and that fury warrior has been unlucky with drops.
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Undertanker » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:35 pm

Before BWL and DM Rogue Trinkets -

Fury Warrior / Rogue - Sword. Large lack of hit gear else where. Dagger can go PVP for all I care and should be stacking crit / AP.

Prot warriors didn't need it at this time, since the base threat of tank abilities with no +hit was still enough to hold aggro off anybody.

BWL + -
Prot Warrior > Fury > Rogue
This is BiS ring for tank until 6/9 T3 which they can then use a mitigation ring. The hit to defense ratio this ring has is top tier vs other gear slots tanks opt for hit gear, and only completes with DFT after you have access to Emp Vek ring.

This ring is not only for a threat set, but factors in nicely with your mitigation set. A great balance would be 6/8T2 Bracer of Truflgiht (1hit) / Gloves of might (1hit) Saytre Bow (1hit) / AV Ring (1 hit) / Band of accuria (2hit). This puts you at 6 hit with 131-134 + def depending on armor kit selection. For MC / Onxyia / ZG put on enchanted Lionheart and reach 8hit 420 def.

Fury over Rogue due to the hit gear that becomes available to Rogues with DM release and BWL release. A fury would be stuck in Devilsaure a lot longer than a Rogue due to the lack of available hit gear w/o being forced to go R12+, otherwise will be forced to wear gear with very low to little stam for such a long time they run the risk of being 1-2 shotted by AQ mechanics.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by St0rfan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:36 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:I'd have guessed +hit items would be given to fury warriors over rogues first since the former don't have a +5% hit talent boost, unlike the latter. Rogues can eventually reach the 27% required to never miss dual wielding, fury warriors won't.

But just an impression.

Gearing for hit should never be a priority once you gain softcap of 9%. A pre-raid geared fury warrior who raids with a guild capable of killing Ragnaros should already be past the softcap. Also, agi is kinda 'meh' as fury.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Undertanker » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:40 pm

St0rfan wrote:

But just an impression.

Gearing for hit should never be a priority once you gain softcap of 9%. A pre-raid geared fury warrior who raids with a guild capable of killing Ragnaros should already be past the softcap. Also, agi is kinda 'meh' as fury.

With that being said, just because you have 9 hit doesn't mean you shouldn't pursue other gear that does have hit.

If you are reaching cap by using two gear slots with +1 hit each, being able to move that to 2 hit on 1 gear slot opens the second gear slot for more crit for raw attack power such as the leather chest in BWL.

Gear is a balancing act for all classes. Upgrades at times can change what you wear in multiple slots, and are swapped in/out if you lose your world buffs when taking into account soft crit cap.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Heldunder » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:25 pm

i agree 100% its very hard to find pieces of gear with +2% hit, which frees up space for what WOULD BE a better piece for said slot.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by hechie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:59 am

JeeTee wrote:Rog > MT > fury > OT

Where is the Huntards on this list :D
hechie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Warrior