Gnome vs Dwarf racials

Gnome vs Dwarf racials

by Forteski » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:43 pm

For those of you that PvP as a rogue at 60 what racial would you rather have, Escape Artist or Stoneform. Do you find yourself wanting Escape Artist more for those Frost Mages or would you rather have Stoneform for fighting other rogues, UD shadow priests, and removing bleeds from warriors so you can stealth/vanish?

Making an Alliance rogue and I plan to stick with daggers so being human is rather pointless and nelf racials don't really appeal to me. I like the aesthetics of all the Alliance races for rogues so it's just up to what racial would be more useful for pvp between dwarves and gnomes.
Forteski
Tester

Re: Gnome vs Dwarf racials

by Fading » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:02 pm

Ping makes Hemo much more ideal here so consequently Human is even better.
Human > Gnome > Dwarf IMO

I really think Human is the way to go for Alliance, and if you want to make adjustments for Mage in particular you can adjust your spec (I.E. Imp Sprint)
Undead Rogue (Leveling)
Gnome Warlock (Leveling)
Fading
Grunt
Grunt

by Fagatron » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:51 am

You shouldnt base your tip on a Ping issue that nost staff is currently working hard to fix..
Dagger is fine pvp (with Server clustering coming Even better) i personally think mage is the only real threat When playing a rogue , thats why would advise u Gnome
Dwarf Works perfectly Fine against alot of Stuff too and prolly best for RvR duels (fuck Human FH)
So it's really just prefference... I like RvM duels so i chose Gnome ... If u like RvR Dwarf or Human is the way to go
Fagatron
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by scorpadorp » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Fagatron wrote:mage is the only real threat When playing a rogue

Rogues are the biggest threat to Rogues. You get cheapshot on and it's GG.

That's why you should play Human Rogue (perception) or Orc (stun resist) if you want to PvP as a Rogue.
scorpadorp
Grunt
Grunt

by Setup » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:31 pm

scorpadorp wrote:
Fagatron wrote:mage is the only real threat When playing a rogue

Rogues are the biggest threat to Rogues. You get cheapshot on and it's GG.

That's why you should play Human Rogue (perception) or Orc (stun resist) if you want to PvP as a Rogue.

Maybe if you're poor.

If you're not poor, you'll have a backpack full of living action potions.

I picked human rogue for PVE reasons, if I was more PVP oriented I would've made a gnome, but race isn't a big deal for rogues in vanilla, so don't think too much about it.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Fading » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:20 pm

Fagatron wrote:You shouldnt base your tip on a Ping issue that nost staff is currently working hard to fix..
Dagger is fine pvp (with Server clustering coming Even better) i personally think mage is the only real threat When playing a rogue , thats why would advise u Gnome
Dwarf Works perfectly Fine against alot of Stuff too and prolly best for RvR duels (fuck Human FH)
So it's really just prefference... I like RvM duels so i chose Gnome ... If u like RvR Dwarf or Human is the way to go

If you're connecting from NA, ping is going to be an issue :/
Regardless, Hemo is more ideal for team duels. You can surely justify using any of the Rogue race options and it's not going to prevent you from being successful but Human is the way to go for Alliance if you're shooting for overall efficiency.
Undead Rogue (Leveling)
Gnome Warlock (Leveling)
Fading
Grunt
Grunt

by pasur » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:47 pm

mages are not a problem for rogue unless you're fucking awful or living off of welfare and can't afford a spider belt / engineering

your cooldowns counter mages and force them to blow their defensive cooldowns, if you add some items into the mix like a decent dagger, skull of impending doom, ice deflector, spider belt, rocket helm, etc there is no hope for the mage unless you're trash, this isnt 2004 anymore any below average rogue should annihilate a mage

also take into consideration 90 % of nostal mages are complete shit backpedal heroes or have no cds up.

--

gnome is shit 0.5 sec cast time really means 1.3 second cast time with nostalrius primetime delay, spider belt and ice deflector accomplish the same thing and you shouldnt ever be sitting in frost novas to use it

orc is shit as well, once you stop being a peasant and can afford some living action potions you'll wish you rolled human or undead

perception is godly on nostalrius, most rogues don't know what spell alert is, much less understand or speak english, popping perception will be the death of most backpedal shitter rogues

undead is nice too, it does the same thing as your pvp trinket, therefore you don't need your pvp trinket, it adds up to being a double pvp trinket, however reckoning paladins will ravage your prostate and gnomish harm prevention belt wont save you

human > undead > dwarf

any other race is roleplay shit
pasur
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fagatron » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:22 pm

^
what you just said is the most incoherent.....
hope u know where im getting at.
Try read up on some PVP vanilla knowledge about rogues. FH is by far not GG. Mages are are indeed one of the hardest encounters as rogue (ofc im not talking about retards)
Try ur retarded spiderbelt vs 2xiceblock / 2xFrostnova / engi bomb / engi head / Tidal charm ... ETC
/facepalm
Fagatron
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by pasur » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Fagatron wrote:^
what you just said is the most incoherent.....
hope u know where im getting at.
Try read up on some PVP vanilla knowledge about rogues. FH is by far not GG. Mages are are indeed one of the hardest encounters as rogue (ofc im not talking about retards)
Try ur retarded spiderbelt vs 2xiceblock / 2xFrostnova / engi bomb / engi head / Tidal charm ... ETC
/facepalm

Lol! mongoloid on the scene

either salty mage or shitter rogue :lol:

which one is it?

Fagatron wrote:Try ur retarded spiderbelt vs 2xiceblock / 2xFrostnova / engi bomb / engi head / Tidal charm ... ETC
/facepalm

Maybe the "example" rogue isn't shit and could have "2xblind /2xsprint/ 2xvanish/ engi bomb / engi head / Tidal charm ... ETC" as well?
u make me cringe with ur /facepalms

rogues have a laughable advantage here that they didn't have on peenix

If you're struggling to kill mages on NOST where half the population is chinese / backpedalers, where mages suffer greatly from input delay lag 1 sec delay blinks, bugged impact talent etc, as a Subtlety Rogue, then I'd recommend quitting.

Don't even re-roll, you'd probably get upset and go cry on the warrior forums or something. :roll:
pasur
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fagatron » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:06 pm

What a nonsenese answer this is ... wow.
If youre talking about PvP for me its not about packpaddeling retards but if thats the kind of skillset you measure youreself with im not suprised at all.
Every decent rogue will tell you a good mage is one of the highest threats.
But keep on living in your little dream world, i couldnt care less.
Fagatron
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Rogue