Leveling with Hemo Build?

Re: Leveling with Hemo Build?

by earelith » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:20 am

EasyLee wrote:Rogue leveling builds have one rule you must not break: 2/2 Ruthlessness. It's the most important talent, both for the benefit and the mentality it instills.

Beyond that, a big reason why hemo is a weak leveling choice is because it had no static damage bonus, unlike sinister strike. That hurts when you have sub-optimal gear. You can level as a sub build, but I would recommend daggers if you want to go that route. There is some benefit and potential there, past level 30.

Starting from the following, you could build into a wide variety of dagger leveling builds, if you want to feel rogue-like. http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fMZGcZVMhc

Yes my first 4 points are remorseless attack and improved sinister...btw in your build you have both imp sinister and improved ambush damage... So this mean that i will chose daggers? Is daggers viable for sinister strike? I mean doesnt sinister require a slow weapon in vanilla?
earelith
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lingon » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:09 am

You want Precision in Combat, to reduce the miss rate of special attacks.
And if you are 10 points into combat, you might want Endurance for spring / evasion cooldown reduction.

Isn't the big thing with Hemo that it's not normalized, so a slow weapon (=slower than 2,4) might actually hit harder than with SS, which is normalized? Though the wowwiki says it's normalized.

The normalization referred to is attack power contribution to special attacks, which is normalised to weapon speed 1,7 for daggers, 2,4 for other 1handed weapons, 3,3 for twohanded weapons.
Damage from AP is AP / 14 * [weaponspeed].
Lingon
Grunt
Grunt

by EasyLee » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:08 pm

Fading wrote:
EasyLee wrote:Rogue leveling builds have one rule you must not break: 2/2 Ruthlessness. It's the most important talent, both for the benefit and the mentality it instills.

Beyond that, a big reason why hemo is a weak leveling choice is because it had no static damage bonus, unlike sinister strike. That hurts when you have sub-optimal gear. You can level as a sub build, but I would recommend daggers if you want to go that route. There is some benefit and potential there, past level 30.

Starting from the following, you could build into a wide variety of dagger leveling builds, if you want to feel rogue-like. http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fMZGcZVMhc

Did you mean RA? (Remorseless Attacks)
I love that it promotes quickly moving from mob to mob (which is ideal for leveling period). If you really want to focus on getting 60 fast it's a great talent, but considering his posts I think this it's more about the experience for him and I feel like the buff would fade for him before he could use it a lot considering he's advocating a stealth heavy build/stopping for pick pocket etc.

Yes, Remorseless, not Ruthlessness, my bad.

A little more on hemo, yes, it can conceivably hit harder and isn't (shouldn't be) normalized. It's just an extra attack with your main hand.

However, that also works against the rogue for leveling. Sometimes, you won't have an ideal weapon. You might be swinging something like Wingblade, 2.2 speed. And since your AP will be from mixed blues and greens most likely, the static damage from SS / Backstab / Ambush is very helpful.

In the build I linked, reason for imp SS as well as imp backstab and ambush is because sometimes you just want to throw a sinister strike. You can use a weapon swap macro, as well.
EasyLee
Private
Private

by Fading » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:39 pm

EasyLee wrote:
Fading wrote:

Did you mean RA? (Remorseless Attacks)
I love that it promotes quickly moving from mob to mob (which is ideal for leveling period). If you really want to focus on getting 60 fast it's a great talent, but considering his posts I think this it's more about the experience for him and I feel like the buff would fade for him before he could use it a lot considering he's advocating a stealth heavy build/stopping for pick pocket etc.

Yes, Remorseless, not Ruthlessness, my bad.

A little more on hemo, yes, it can conceivably hit harder and isn't (shouldn't be) normalized. It's just an extra attack with your main hand.

However, that also works against the rogue for leveling. Sometimes, you won't have an ideal weapon. You might be swinging something like Wingblade, 2.2 speed. And since your AP will be from mixed blues and greens most likely, the static damage from SS / Backstab / Ambush is very helpful.

In the build I linked, reason for imp SS as well as imp backstab and ambush is because sometimes you just want to throw a sinister strike. You can use a weapon swap macro, as well.

Whether Imp SS or the passive dodge, it doesn't really matter. It's a filler point if you're playing daggers or Hemo, as Backstab/Hemo will be your primary CP generator. You will still SS as Backstab when you can't manage the positional requirements but IMO dodge is better unless you're Combat non Dagger because you can use the dodge vs all non caster mobs (and even against casters, they will melee if you kick) but you will only SS situationally.
Fading
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Rogue