Combat swords vs combat daggers?

Combat swords vs combat daggers?

by Kconj » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:24 pm

What are the pros and cons of each at end game? Which comes out ahead with current gear, Aq gear, and naax gear?
Kconj
Tester

Re: Combat swords vs combat daggers?

by Bluefear » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:14 pm

swords except for vael

oh and maybe seal fate daggers for naxx
Bluefear
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by EasyLee » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:28 pm

Swords are currently better, and will remain so until naxxramas comes out. In addition to doing comparable or more damage, swords allow for stronger solo play when farming materials or similar. If you play horde, swords are always better due to windfury totem.

Daggers are for PvP and leveling with a friend.
EasyLee
Private
Private

by Setup » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:02 pm

Daggers overtake swords during AQ. (Largely thanks to Pugio and Death's Sting.)

During naxx, it's kind of a wash, but everyone goes swords anyway. Swords is usually more convenient to play, and it gets very similar damage outcomes.
Last edited by Setup on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Youfie » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:07 pm

Yeah, basically Daggers are better for sustained damage on a single target & shine on tank & spank fights, while swords kinda rape daggers once you have to move, even just a bit, switch between adds & shit.

Basically until the end of BWL the gap between the two is kinda hard to witness, since lots of fights favor Swords Rogues, and those that are tank & spank are just not that much in favors of daggers due to dagger-itemization being almost inexistent in BWL (DFB is a very small update over PB, while CTS is really nice versus VK, Maladath is a huge boost if you're not human, and so on).

With AQ40 BiS gear, the gap in favor of Combat Daggers widens a bit (Death Sting ftw).

Regarding SF Daggers in PvE, I think you can do nice thing with really good gear, but I'd be surprised if you could actually beat a 15/31/5 with that (assuming sustained DPS here ofc). Haven't done maths so I could be wrong though, but that would be my guess.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Rogue