List of working Rogue macros for Nostalrius

List of working Rogue macros for Nostalrius

by yzak » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:23 pm

So far I have :
/cast Expose Armor(Rank 2)
/script AttackTarget();
/script ClearTarget();
/script TargetLastTarget();

(it exposes without attacking, good for gouge then exposing to not interrupt the cc)

and

/cast Riposte
/cast Sinister Strike

(will try to use riposte if can, if not it will use SS)

I am looking for more macros, specifically one that saps and then targets the nearest enemy player and a macro where I can spam stealth without worrying about unstealthing.

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/11085-rogue-macros/

Found macros here. But some of them do not work.

So please post macros you have tested and have gotten to work in Nostalrius. Thank you!
yzak
Grunt
Grunt

Re: List of working Rogue macros for Nostalrius

by Youfie » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:15 pm

yzak wrote:So far I have :
/cast Expose Armor(Rank 2)
/script AttackTarget();
/script ClearTarget();
/script TargetLastTarget();

(it exposes without attacking, good for gouge then exposing to not interrupt the cc)

and

/cast Riposte
/cast Sinister Strike

(will try to use riposte if can, if not it will use SS)

I am looking for more macros, specifically one that saps and then targets the nearest enemy player and a macro where I can spam stealth without worrying about unstealthing.

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/11085-rogue-macros/

Found macros here. But some of them do not work.

So please post macros you have tested and have gotten to work in Nostalrius. Thank you!

Hi,

What's the point of the AttackTarget in your EA macro? I fail to see the point of it :).

Does your macro for Riposte work? I use something a bit different for my Riposte / SS macro, and although I can't remember I'm pretty sure I would have tried this in vain before moving to something more complicated : doesn't it return an error message or something?

EDIT : Your Ripost macro works just fine ;)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Unsouled » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:55 pm

Hi,

What's the point of the AttackTarget in your EA macro? I fail to see the point of it :).

Since using the Expose Armor ability enables auto attack, the AttackTarget disables it immediately before clearing the target and re-targeting; it's just a way to bulletproof the macro.

I'm also very happy to see that this is still a thing, even after all these years. When we were originally testing it on the Rogue forums in vanilla one of the ways we did this was by swapping weapons, causing the 1.5s global cooldown, casting expose armor, and manually de-targeting before auto attack would enable (since the global CD would prevent it from starting).

One thing I noticed is that /equip doesn't work at all, does anyone know of a way to equip a weapon through a macro? I'd like to make one for Backstab and SS that does the following:

BS:
Equip dagger
Cast Backstab

SS
Equip sword/mace
Cast SS

I can probably accomplish this with an addon, but macros are easier.
Unsouled
Grunt
Grunt

by Youfie » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:25 pm

Unsouled wrote:
Hi,

Since using the Expose Armor ability enables auto attack, the AttackTarget disables it immediately before clearing the target and re-targeting; it's just a way to bulletproof the macro.

I'm also very happy to see that this is still a thing, even after all these years. When we were originally testing it on the Rogue forums in vanilla one of the ways we did this was by swapping weapons, causing the 1.5s global cooldown, casting expose armor, and manually de-targeting before auto attack would enable (since the global CD would prevent it from starting).

One thing I noticed is that /equip doesn't work at all, does anyone know of a way to equip a weapon through a macro? I'd like to make one for Backstab and SS that does the following:

BS:
Equip dagger
Cast Backstab

SS
Equip sword/mace
Cast SS

I can probably accomplish this with an addon, but macros are easier.

OKay, thanks for the clarification :). The /attack seem a bit overkill to me, but as you wish :p.

Regarding the equip macro, I'm not sure /equip existed in Vanilla. You might have to use the "Pickupcontaineritem" function (can't recall its exact syntax), which requires the exact position of the item in your bags.

Its a bit tedious, I myself use /script UseAction(ID) to switch weapon, I just put the weapon somewhere in my action bars and sets the buttons'ID in the macro. Doesn't work all the time, depends on the type of weapon you're switching to / from, but it does the trick for me :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Unsouled » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:15 am

Youfie wrote:OKay, thanks for the clarification :). The /attack seem a bit overkill to me, but as you wish :p.

Regarding the equip macro, I'm not sure /equip existed in Vanilla. You might have to use the "Pickupcontaineritem" function (can't recall its exact syntax), which requires the exact position of the item in your bags.

By all means, please test the macro without the /attack line, and see if it's still consistent--it should work properly 100% of the time. If you find this is the case, please let us know so we can simplify our own macros (less code is almost always better).

"Pickupcontaineritem" sounds familiar... I'll look into it. Thanks!
Unsouled
Grunt
Grunt

by execution527 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:05 am

I am also having trouble making Rogue macros Please can someone help as someone stated above, to make a stealth and unstealth macro spamable without unstealthing ... I WOULD BE SO GREATFUL thank you.
execution527
Private
Private

by Youfie » Mon May 18, 2015 6:57 pm

execution527 wrote:I am also having trouble making Rogue macros Please can someone help as someone stated above, to make a stealth and unstealth macro spamable without unstealthing ... I WOULD BE SO GREATFUL thank you.

This one works perfectly :

/script if not(string.find(GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1), "Invis" )) then CastSpellByName("Stealth"); end

There are other (simplier) ways to do the same though, but this one works just fine.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by TheGreyMouser » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:24 am

Macro help please!

I figured this was as good a place to ask as any. Plus, if we get a working macro as a reply, rogues are gonna LOVE this...

From Stealth:
Cast Ambush
Use Free Action Potion

The idea is to use the FAP right after ambush to minimize the time after your ambush that the Mage (for example) has to react to get a slow on you.

I've been getting ganked by mages (usually when I'm mounted) so I wanted to teach em a lesson. :o)

Using a Frost Protection Potion (in advance)
/cast Ambush
and then using a FAP + Sprint seems to work quite nicely.

Anyway, back to the point.. Any macro suggestion for

From Stealth:
Cast Ambush
Use Free Action Potion

thanks
TheGreyMouser
Grunt
Grunt

by Youfie » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:46 am

A simple thing to do would be to place a FAP on the your first bar that is swapped with your Stealth Bar, and put it on same button on which the Ambush is when you're Stealthed.
Creating a macro would only replicate this behavior anyway :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by monty11ez » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:47 pm

I'm wanting a smashable stealth macro that will vanish if in combat. I've tried to combine two of the macros to do this, but I am apparently missing something. I can post my code later.
monty11ez
Tester

Next

Return to Rogue