Arcane shot (kinda needs a fix)

Re: Arcane shot (kinda needs a fix)

by Kauerle » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:23 pm

Böw wrote:
Kauerle wrote:Arcane Shot and Serpent Sting scale with spell power (like 40%). And they are not spells. They are affected by hunter's physical crit and hit. By your argumentation, T2.5 should also have spell crit/hit besides spell power to make Arcane Shot even a bit effective, if Arcane Shot and Serpent Sting were dependent from spell crit/hit.

And a pre-Tbc or TBC video doesn't prove anything, because there Arcane Shot got a change and it scaled with the hunter's AP.

Arcane Shot and Serpent Sting are spells. Arcane and Nature. They are not affected by hunter's physical crit or hit.

Stop claiming things you don't have proof of. Show us please 1.12.1 (because that is the version all our talents/skills are at) video material where Arcane Shot and Serpent Sting were affected by spell hit/crit. You won't find anything.

f1rezzz has posted already a number of old and really popular hunter videos from vanilla (viewtopic.php?f=38&t=11756&start=20#p141488, first link Ranger, second Jezek).
Since I only can watch them by youtube proxy, quality is a mess. But still here is the proof from each Ranger and Jezek video. If you don't need proxy, you will have much better quality and go check it:

Ranger wears T3/R12/13 gear and he crits with Arcane Shot (471 dmg) in a duel at 2:26. You can find more occasions in the video where he hits other targets with same amount of damage:

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150917/88ghpei4.jpg

Jezek wears full R12/13 afaik, at 10:34 he hits a hunter with 471 crit dmg:

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150917/escpdi6o.jpg

Both crit with 471 damage without a single spell hit/crit/sp gear on. Tell me, how could they do this?
Last edited by Kauerle on Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kauerle
Grunt
Grunt

by Cruzix » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:26 pm

Xylon666Darkstar wrote:Mine ticks for 124 w/o the talent @ serpent sting + arcane elixir.

Clear your WMD folder and add-ons.

Serpent Sting does scale with spelldamage. Lol

Just tested this aswell.

SS without arcane elixir: 6/6 ticks did 102 dmg
SS with arcane elixir: 6/6 ticks did 102 dmg

Arcane Shot without arcane elixir: 6/6 shots did 183 dmg
Arcane Shot with arcane elixir: 6/6 shots did 191 dmg

Not sure what you're on about Mazzarin, besides that you continuesly are talking shit about people who actually got a point - and several video proof.
Cruzix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Tazdingow » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:31 pm

Tested the scaling today myself.

Serpent String doesn't scale at all.

Arcane Shot without 20 SP buff - 188. With - 194. +6 DMG from 20 SP ~ 40% scaling.
Tazdingow
Private
Private

by Theloras » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:05 pm

Tazdingow wrote:Tested the scaling today myself.

Serpent String doesn't scale at all.

Arcane Shot without 20 SP buff - 188. With - 194. +6 DMG from 20 SP ~ 40% scaling.

The formula is 1.5 / 3.5 = 42.8% or rounded up to 43% scaling with spell dmg to be exact since it's an instant cast spell.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by f1rezzz » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:02 am

Even so when reported to the bug tracker , it seems its getting ignored all of the times :/
f1rezzz
Private
Private

by Bravethestone » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:05 pm

Bump

Why hasn't this been fixed? Anyone that played a hunter on retail in vanilla knew Arcane Shot could crit and crit chance boosted it.

This is a major class bug that has been overlooked.

When an ability is so worthless it's not even worth the cost of training hmmm...maybe something isn't working as intended?

This bug also makes the ZG Rentakis trinket less valuable since Arcane shot as of now isn't worth the damage vs the global cooldown/mana cost if it has no chance to crit....let alone casting it twice back to back.
Bravethestone
Grunt
Grunt

by Pottu » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Bravethestone wrote:Anyone that played a hunter on retail in vanilla knew Arcane Shot could crit

Then it should not be difficult to find actual evidence of this. Please post all evidence in the Bug Tracker report for this form so that the IsVV team can confirm it.

The GM Team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Bravethestone » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:55 pm

Pottu wrote:
Bravethestone wrote:Anyone that played a hunter on retail in vanilla knew Arcane Shot could crit

Then it should not be difficult to find actual evidence of this. Please post all evidence in the Bug Tracker report for this form so that the IsVV team can confirm it.

The GM Team.

Thanks for the response. On page 3 there are quite a few youtube videos showing Arcane Shot critting in the floating combat text.

Personally I have no records like video capture or in game screenshots from way back then. We're talking anecdotal. Back in the day, a competent hunter avoided Arcane shots in PvE raids because it used up the Aimed shot cooldown and was low DPS. In PvP Arcane was useful for firing on the run (secondary to Multi) when you had push back preventing you from casting Aimed Shot. If arcane shot only hit for a static ~180 damage no one would use it. In fact I can't think of any other class that has an instant cast damage ability that hits that pathetically low - it's ability to crit and PvP utility was it's saving grace from being useless ability.

I'm not sure what more is necessary as I've never gotten involved with bug fixing in emulators. I do understand where you're coming from with requiring references to prove live game mechanics for restoring the integrity of a 10+ year old software experience. I'm surprised proof of this class mechanic has been unfulfilled thus far.
Bravethestone
Grunt
Grunt

by Cruzix » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:15 pm

Pottu wrote:

The GM Team.

All the hunter bug reports has video proof in either OP or comment section which are from vanilla (all videos are from 2006 ish, except for few of them which links to their original upload place in the description, warcraftmovies) and a few of the reports has in depth explaination of how the scaling formula should work

https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3799
https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=1705
https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3155
https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=2369
https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=1705
Cruzix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Hunter