Arcane shot (kinda needs a fix)

Arcane shot (kinda needs a fix)

by f1rezzz » Fri May 15, 2015 3:07 pm

Arcane shot (its useless i know) need to be fixed like retail vanilla . Its acts like a spell not a shot , it dont benefit from hunters hit and crit and never crits... from time to time ressists , and as far as i remember it never did that... it benefit from hunters hit and crit and magical dmg if you had any.
f1rezzz
Private
Private

Re: Arcane shot (kinda needs a fix)

by Mae » Tue May 19, 2015 4:20 pm

It really does! Arcane Shot deals less damage than autoattacks and multishot, it doesn't stack with anything and it only deals 21dmg (Rank 2), never more and never less
Mae
Tester

by Daihachiro » Wed May 20, 2015 7:23 am

So

If I remember it correctly it was always a fixed DMG from vanilla retail , how ever if you added spell DMG it would effect it . I dont remember if it was just a ressist or if it was miss when it didnt do DMG

On Feenix it did crit , but the scaling with spell DMG was broken there aswell

Has anyone done tests with spell DMG gear on Nost ? do we know if its broken or not ?

http://db.valkyrie-wow.org/?search=arcane+shot

Arcane Shot Rank 1 = 13 DMG
Arcane Shot Rank 2 = 21 DMG
Arcane Shot Rank 3 = 33 DMG
Arcane Shot Rank 4 = 59 DMG
Arcane Shot Rank 5 = 83 DMG
Arcane Shot Rank 6 = 115 DMG
Arcane Shot Rank 7 = 145 DMG
Arcane Shot Rank 8 = 183 DMG

Im hoping this is something that will get fixed if its broken cause you can do some really fun things with it
Daihachiro of Final Exit (Alliance)
Daihachiro
Private
Private

by Gazpy » Wed May 20, 2015 8:15 am

there's way too little cross spell dmg items, I will test it once I get my hands on something with actuall spell damage that caster in group/healer doesn't want, but that's a rarity to happen. WTB 1K Arc shot crit AQ here we go:D
Oh my good dog!
Gazpy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by f1rezzz » Sun May 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Daihachiro wrote:So

If I remember it correctly it was always a fixed DMG from vanilla retail , how ever if you added spell DMG it would effect it . I dont remember if it was just a ressist or if it was miss when it didnt do DMG

On Feenix it did crit , but the scaling with spell DMG was broken there aswell

Has anyone done tests with spell DMG gear on Nost ? do we know if its broken or not ?

It did crit because it was added to the range crit of the hunter and hit as well ... that was the point of the post to be corrected to the range hit and crit the way it used to be... dunno about the spell dmg i will test it with some arcane potion :D
f1rezzz
Private
Private

by Memorex » Thu May 28, 2015 9:47 pm

So what's the state of Arcane Shot? I've barely played Vanilla on retail, and I'm playing a Hunter here. I'm 35~ and I still use it because I think it's worth the damage/mana while your autoshot is recharging but it's doing 50% of the damage of my autos (not counting crits) so that feels really weak for a signature skill.

What are your thoughts? I'm not a good player/hunter so I'm looking for advice here.
Memorex
Tester

by Daihachiro » Fri May 29, 2015 12:59 pm

Memorex wrote:So what's the state of Arcane Shot? I've barely played Vanilla on retail, and I'm playing a Hunter here. I'm 35~ and I still use it because I think it's worth the damage/mana while your autoshot is recharging but it's doing 50% of the damage of my autos (not counting crits) so that feels really weak for a signature skill.

What are your thoughts? I'm not a good player/hunter so I'm looking for advice here.

Look the DMG is as it is , I dont remember if it used to crit , but the DMG for none crits are correct , We havent tested yet if its scaling with + spell DMG or + Arcane DMG

but no hunter items / sets really have + spell/ arcane ( besides T2.5 ) and even then its kinda useless

Its on the same cool down as Aimed shot so ... Basicly u have auto shot , multi and Aimed shot . Those 3 are what you use for max DMG

Arcane might have some PvP use , and its good for kiting but its never going to be a good/ main spell
Daihachiro of Final Exit (Alliance)
Daihachiro
Private
Private

by skyracer500 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:01 pm

I can confirm arcane shot does scale with spell power, but not atk power. I used the windweaver staff because I thought it would actually boost it's damage by +7, but it only added about 3 damage.. I believe I've had it crit ONCE, but being a bm hunt, you have almost no crit whatsoever post 50.
skyracer500
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Memorex » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:53 am

I just critted with Arcane Shot. First time, 41 levels. I use it almost every monster.
Memorex
Tester

by f1rezzz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:28 pm

Well the only good thing abour Arcane shot in PVP is to crit (still useless) but i want to work the way it shoud be in retail. That was when its correctly put to the hunter's crit and hit stats .
f1rezzz
Private
Private

Next

Return to Hunter