Re: Arcane shot (kinda needs a fix)

by Xylon666Darkstar » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:23 am

Serpent Sting does scale with spelldamage. Lol
Xylon666Darkstar
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Scrand » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:35 am

Then it's my mistake coz i didn't test, sorry, just read at the forum about it. Anyway we're talking about arcane shot, so it doesn't matter. Arcane shot doesn't work as it should be.
Scrand
Tester

by Xylon666Darkstar » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:16 am

Arcane shot DOES work as it should, as a it did in retail vanilla and TBC. Behaving as a spell, using spell stats, vs hunters damage talents and RAP. Didn't you read this thread at all? Lol
Xylon666Darkstar
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Wildforce » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:22 pm

I had a alternative set with spelldmg for lols to humiliate keyboard turners outside IF fighting only with arcane shot and serpentstings & traps.

This really made me feel like a powerful person on the internet, which we all know is truly why we spend our time here.
60 Hunter
Wildforce
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Scrand » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:47 pm

Xylon666Darkstar wrote:Arcane shot DOES work as it should, as a it did in retail vanilla and TBC. Behaving as a spell, using spell stats, vs hunters damage talents and RAP. Didn't you read this thread at all? Lol

No, it doesn't! Look like you dont wanna hear anything except your opinion. Try to look the videos in this thread. Ppl wihout any spldmg make the crits, which they could get only with mortal shots. You can call arcane shot 'the spell' just because you can up the dmg by spd! But it should scaling by talents and hunter crit! Dont remember should it resist or miss, but i played the hunter since onyxia's liar patch was realesed and i never got 2 arcane shot crits during 50+ lvls. It's not a normal.
Scrand
Tester

by Kauerle » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:38 pm

Arcane Shot and Serpent Sting scale with spell power (like 40%). And they are not spells. They are affected by hunter's physical crit and hit. By your argumentation, T2.5 should also have spell crit/hit besides spell power to make Arcane Shot even a bit effective, if Arcane Shot and Serpent Sting were dependent from spell crit/hit.

And a pre-Tbc or TBC video doesn't prove anything, because there Arcane Shot got a change and it scaled with the hunter's AP.
Kauerle
Grunt
Grunt

by Böw » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:44 am

Kauerle wrote:Arcane Shot and Serpent Sting scale with spell power (like 40%). And they are not spells. They are affected by hunter's physical crit and hit. By your argumentation, T2.5 should also have spell crit/hit besides spell power to make Arcane Shot even a bit effective, if Arcane Shot and Serpent Sting were dependent from spell crit/hit.

And a pre-Tbc or TBC video doesn't prove anything, because there Arcane Shot got a change and it scaled with the hunter's AP.

Arcane Shot and Serpent Sting are spells. Arcane and Nature. They are not affected by hunter's physical crit or hit.
INDUSTRIAL MEMES HEHEHE
Böw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Scrand » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:11 am

Cmon, it's not a spell! You can only up the dmg by spd, that's all what connect arcane shot with spells. Do u really think that hunters should have a lot of intellect as casters to get some crits with arcane shot?! No, they shouldn't! And without mortal shots and crits arcane shot is tottaly useless! I just hope that developers have more brains and know how it must works!
Scrand
Tester

by f1rezzz » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:30 pm

Serpent sting is affected by hunters physcal hit but not by spell dmg (in the begining it was made as a spell at it ressited on hit) now it can miss, only spell dmg is missing to the foruma to be blizz like. (I made a test normtal hit of Ssting 104 dmg . added arcane elixir -it ticked for 104 dmg , Go test it )
Arcane shot .... just look at the vidios i post they are the only prove that is left from retail.
Again its affected by physcal hit,crit,spell dmg,mortal shots and range weapon spec.(this i test again had some buffs with spell crit , after long period on waiting 6 sec CD to fire again i crited once for 334dmg , in the vidios u can see way more that that)
If was it was made as a spell we shoud had some spell hit and crit on gear...
f1rezzz
Private
Private

by Xylon666Darkstar » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Mine ticks for 124 w/o the talent @ serpent sting + arcane elixir.

Clear your WMD folder and add-ons.
Xylon666Darkstar
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter