How strong will hunter be for pve endgame?

Re: How strong will hunter be for pve endgame?

by Guirssane » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:52 pm

Sakuraba wrote:
Guirssane wrote:
It has less dps than a feral in t2.5

jk, but i'm sure I'm almost right :D

:(

Is this based on retail or this server? Or is it based on feenix?
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Tentacles » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:27 am

Hunter will not be top of the pack but close to mid. If you play it correctly by properly timing your aimed shots with your auto shot white shots, and properly clip or not clip your aimed you can pull to the top. Hunter is a finesse class in vanilla, its all about watching your auto's and using aimed shot correctly. That an maximzing scumbag potential with multshot dmg.
Tentacles
Tester

by Tentacles » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:29 am

Also I would play a troll hunter if you're horde, some mobs in AQ are beasts so you can maximize your dmg with that racial.
Tentacles
Tester

by Eyeful » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:55 pm

Trolls are the only viable PvE raid class for hunters on horde. The best weps in the game for hunters are either at tier bow or xbow, which we get +wep skill for. Basically a 2nd rapid fire as a racial. As mentioned above, +dmg to beasts which most to all raids have some.

Orcs get at best, +pet dmg. Good for low bracket twinking, but meh compared to trolls. And no, bloodfury didn't affect RAP till BC.

Taurens get shafted all around, besides some NR and +hp later for aq40. yay.
Eyeful
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Aten » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:00 am

Hmm, not sure why people think hunters suck? Has something changed here?

My best friend was a hunter, I played a mage, and both of us were regularly in the top 5 for dps in MC, BWL and AQ 40 (i quit shortly before naxx).

Question to people in this thread saying auto and aim shot are the rotation, why would you spam crit shot when it's up? Or am I tripping out and there is no crit shot?
Aten
Grunt
Grunt

by mrmr » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:00 am

Aten wrote:Hmm, not sure why people think hunters suck? Has something changed here?

My best friend was a hunter, I played a mage, and both of us were regularly in the top 5 for dps in MC, BWL and AQ 40 (i quit shortly before naxx).

Question to people in this thread saying auto and aim shot are the rotation, why would you spam crit shot when it's up? Or am I tripping out and there is no crit shot?

There is no CritShot.

Usual hunter vanilla rotatio:
Auto/Aimed/Auto/Multi/Auto/Auto
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Zinjo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:16 am

Sorry bud but Naxx is a Wrath of the Litch King Raid only... Sorry :P
Zinjo
Tester

Previous

Return to Hunter