Hunter Macros & Tips [Redux]

Re: Hunter Macros & Tips [Redux]

by Scarab » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:51 am

Lovely guide, Fey! (:

I was originally going to write regarding the 'Arcane Shot macro' interrupting my auto shot, but upon writing my post I got the idea of clearing the SuperMacro cache. It seems to have fixed it.

Currently tinkering with your macros in preparation for the Nostalrius return, and I have a question about a modification I made to them. Okay, here goes:

Upon using these macros I noticed that it was a bit inconvenient to use them if you had a friendly target active. So, I scoured the net, and tinkered a bit, and came up with the following line of code

Code: Select all
/script if UnitIsFriend("player","target") then ClearTarget() end

Would adding this to the beginning of your macros make them too unreliable? I do not have that much experience with macros since I have not been active since 2007, and I am therefore unaware how much code can be used with each macro (stability). I am, as stated before, using SuperMacro.

Cheers,
Scarab

P.S. I currently have a standalone macro that clears the friendly or dead target that looks like this

Code: Select all
/script if UnitIsFriend("player","target") then ClearTarget() end
/script if UnitIsDead("target") then ClearTarget() end

Will of course implement these lines into your macros, but always good to ask about macro stability.
Scarab
Tester

by Fey » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:54 am

Scarab wrote:stuff

Thanks! I really hope it's helpful for you <3

Wow, 2007? Welcome back! Almost ten years gone - but it's impossible to completely quit WoW!

I suspect the "unit is dead" script would clear target for a feigned hunter. What I typically do to change any target whatsoever is face towards the target I want to shoot, click off whatever I'm currently targeting, and then hit a hostile macro, relying on automatic targeting scripts to target something preferable. Clicking off and selecting an enemy via automatic targeting is infinitely easier than clicking the target you want to attack since you can click pretty much anywhere on the screen, as opposed to getting your pointer on that one target. It hasn't failed me yet!

The maximum characters in a macro is 255. It's very limiting, so SuperMacro is a great option if you want to add more functionality, but as I stated in the OP, these macros I've listed do not require SuperMacro in their present form. As for whether or not a macro will become 'unstable' if there's too much code, that problem doesn't seem to exist. As long as the code is written correctly and the script is functional, the macro will work perfectly. Just try not to add conflicting or redundant scripts, which is easy and obvious enough.

Just to clarify, what I mean by 'conflicting' is stuff like putting a cleartarget script right after your automatic targeting script, something that would defeat the purpose of or overwrite the function of another script in the macro.

Hope that's what you needed. Good luck, and happy hunting!
Raziya's Hunter Macros & Tips thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21017
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Draggah » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:47 am

Hey-ho. Dont know why, but I've only played with my own macros up till now (Very basic stuff). Pretty amazed by some of the stuff here, hot damn.

Anywho, my question is regarding the wingclip macro: Is there any way not to toggle autoattack off on when using it, but keeping the auto target nearest enemy function?

And is there a command to make the auto target only work on enemy players? Too avoid unloading on pets and such in BGs
Draggah
Private
Private

by Fey » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:41 am

Hey there, Draggah!

According to this here page:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/World_of_Warcraft_API

There is a "TargetNearestEnemyPlayer()" function, but it's apparently protected, meaning it only runs under special circumstances. I would guess that it's not possible to use it in a macro, though given the nature of private servers, it may be worth a try anyway. Sorry!

As for your other question, the one regarding the Wing Clip macro, the same script used for Auto Shot could be used for Auto Attack, which you'd have to have on your bars. Something I should really do, too. Here's the script:
Raizya wrote:/run if not IsCurrentAction(X) then UseAction(X) end;

To find out what number your Auto Attack is on, please refer to this screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/VGArn.jpg

Hope that helps. Good luck, and happy hunting!
Last edited by Fey on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Scarab » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:43 am

Fey wrote:

Just some fey stuff

Thank you for the reply! Very much appreciated. (:

I can see the dilemma regarding the Feign Death on other Hunters. However, there are two functions as far as I know: UnitIsDead() and UnitIsCorpse(). Perhaps they function differently against a Feigned Hunter? Then again, I've yet to try the UnitIsDead() function on this particular situation. Perhaps you want to hit me up on Kronos II and try it out in a duel? I do like the UnitIsFriend() function as it allows for quicker reaction times, so I think I'll stick to that one.

It's good to hear that long Macros seem reliable. I don't know what I did to get the SuperMacro bug that I did, but it definitely got me a bit scared about its reliability!
Scarab
Tester

by Scarab » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:46 am

Fey wrote:[...]

There is a "TargetNearestEnemyPlayer()" function, but it's apparently protected, meaning it only runs under special circumstances. I would guess that it's not possible to use it in a macro, though given the nature of private servers, it may be worth a try anyway. Sorry!

[...]

As far as I've read, the "TargetNearestEnemyPlayer()" function wasn't implemented until after Vanilla, and might not work in a 1.12.1 environment.
Scarab
Tester

by Fey » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:47 am

Scarab wrote:
Fey wrote:

Just some fey stuff

moar stuff

I'm online right now, for a few, if you want to hit me up :)

I imagine that UnitIsCorpse has to do with after a player has released spirit, whereas UnitIsDead has to do with a targetable body on the ground.

I'm not familiar with SuperMacro, but hey, the worst that can happen is you clear the glitched macro, right? Or re-install the addon. Gotta experiment to see what works :p
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Scarab » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:51 am

Fey wrote:I'm online right now, for a few, if you want to hit me up :)

I imagine that UnitIsCorpse has to do with after a player has released spirit, whereas UnitIsDead has to do with a targetable body on the ground.

I'm not familiar with SuperMacro, but hey, the worst that can happen is you clear the glitched macro, right? Or re-install the addon. Gotta experiment to see what works :p

That does make a lot of sense actually. (: I sent you a PM.
Scarab
Tester

by Fey » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:54 am

Didn't get one...

Logged onto Raziya on Kronos 2 atm. 60 night elf hunter.

Edit: Nvm, got it!
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by AndySalad » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:27 pm

thank you for this guide
AndySalad
Tester

PreviousNext