Hunter Macros & Tips [Redux]

Re: Hunter Macros & Tips

by Issir » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:11 pm

PvP edition (requires SuperMacro):

Extension:

function AspectDance() a = buffed("Aspect of the Hawk", 'player'); b = buffed("Aspect of the Cheetah", 'player') and ( buffed("Polymorph",'player') or buffed("Frost Nova",'player') or buffed("Fear",'player') or buffed("Seduction",'player') or buffed("Death Coil",'player') or buffed("Physic Scream",'player') or buffed("Bash",'player') or buffed("Feral Charge",'player') or buffed("Cheap Shot",'player') or buffed("Kidney Shot",'player') or buffed("Sap",'player') or buffed("Blind",'player') or buffed("Gouge",'player') or buffed("Scatter Shot",'player') or buffed("Freezing Trap",'player') or buffed("Hammer of Justice",'player') or buffed("Charge Stun",'player') or buffed("Intercept Stun",'player') or buffed("Improved Concussive Shot",'player')); start, duration, enabled = GetSpellCooldown("21", "spell"); if a then cast("Aspect of the Cheetah") else if b then CancelBuff("Aspect of the Cheetah") else if buffed("Aspect of the Cheetah", 'player') and ( duration > 0 ) then CancelBuff("Aspect of the Cheetah") else cast("Aspect of the Hawk") end end end end;

Call:
/script AspectDance();

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:
-Change between Cheetah and Hawk
-When you got CC'd with Aspect of the Cheetah next push will remove Aspect of the Cheetah from you to avoid Daze.
-When you have Global Cooldown and Aspect of the Cheetah, next push will remove Aspect of the Cheetah from you to avoid Daze.

P.S. replace 21 to spell Index of Aspect of the Cheetah from your spellbook.
Have fun.
Issir
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fey » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:08 pm

That looks incredibly long! I hope you didn't have to type all that out just for us! :p

Thank you for your contribution.
Raziya's Hunter Macros & Tips thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21017
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Issir » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:50 pm

Heh.

Ok, let's take a look on something more complex.

I suppose anyone who played serious PvP \ TBC arenas understand that Broken Tooth is useless against heal classes, druid flag carrier and etc. Scorpids are the best in such situations. We all know that.

If you want a great PvP pet for some serious stuff - move to Durotar and tame Death Flayer. He's lvl 11 and he has only 30min timer. Use old "arena" build with Bestial Swiftness so your scorpid may chase any target.
Why Death Flayer?
That's why:

All others scorpids have 2.0 attack speed. 1.6 attack speed is better for pushback spellcasts.

Okay, moving next.
Scorpids are way much harder to control, since their DoT must both protect ViperSting and not break our CC when it's need to be applied. Here comes absurdly insane macro to solve that problem:

Extension(requires SuperMacro):

function ScorpidSolver() class1 = UnitClass("mouseover"); class2 = UnitClass("target"); autocastable1, autostate1=GetSpellAutocast(A,"pet"); autocastable2, autostate2=GetSpellAutocast(B,"pet");nif ( ( ( class1 == "Druid" ) or ( class1 == "Shaman" ) or ( class1 == "Paladin" ) ) and ( autostate1==nil ) and ( autostate2==1 ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","mouseover") ) ) then TogglePetAutocast(D); TogglePetAutocast(C); TargetUnit("mouseover");PetAttack();TargetLastTarget(); else if ( ( ( class1 == "Druid" ) or ( class1 == "Shaman" ) or ( class1 == "Paladin" ) ) and ( autostate1==nil ) and ( autostate2==nil ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","mouseover") ) ) then TogglePetAutocast(D); TargetUnit("mouseover");PetAttack();TargetLastTarget(); else if ( ( ( class1 == "Druid" ) or ( class1 == "Shaman" ) or ( class1 == "Paladin" ) ) and ( autostate1==1 ) and ( autostate2==1 ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","mouseover") ) ) then TargetUnit("mouseover");TogglePetAutocast(C);PetAttack();TargetLastTarget(); else if ( ( ( class1 == "Druid" ) or ( class1 == "Shaman" ) or ( class1 == "Paladin" ) ) and ( autostate1==1 ) and ( autostate2==nil ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","mouseover") ) ) then TargetUnit("mouseover");PetAttack();TargetLastTarget(); else if ( ( ( not ( class1 == "Druid" ) ) and ( not ( class1 == "Shaman" ) ) and ( not ( class1 == "Paladin" ) ) ) and ( autostate1==1 ) and ( autostate2==nil ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","mouseover") ) ) then TogglePetAutocast(D);TogglePetAutocast(C); TargetUnit("mouseover");PetAttack();TargetLastTarget(); else if ( ( ( not ( class1 == "Druid" ) ) and ( not ( class1 == "Shaman" ) ) and ( not ( class1 == "Paladin" ) ) ) and ( autostate1==1 ) and ( autostate2==1 ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","mouseover") ) ) then TogglePetAutocast(D); TargetUnit("mouseover");PetAttack();TargetLastTarget(); else if ( ( ( not ( class1 == "Druid" ) ) and ( not ( class1 == "Shaman" ) ) and ( not ( class1 == "Paladin" ) ) ) and ( autostate1==nil ) and ( autostate2==nil ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","mouseover") ) ) then TargetUnit("mouseover"); TogglePetAutocast(C); PetAttack(); TargetLastTarget(); else if ( ( ( not ( class1 == "Druid" ) ) and ( not ( class1 == "Shaman" ) ) and ( not ( class1 == "Paladin" ) ) ) and ( autostate1==nil ) and ( autostate2==1 ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","mouseover") ) ) then TargetUnit("mouseover"); PetAttack(); TargetLastTarget(); else if ( ( ( class2 == "Druid" ) or ( class2 == "Shaman" ) or ( class2 == "Paladin" ) ) and ( autostate1==nil ) and ( autostate2==1 ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","target") ) ) then TogglePetAutocast(D);TogglePetAutocast(C);PetAttack(); else if ( ( ( class2 == "Druid" ) or ( class2 == "Shaman" ) or ( class2 == "Paladin" ) ) and ( autostate1==nil ) and ( autostate2==nil ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","target") ) ) then TogglePetAutocast(D);PetAttack(); else if ( ( ( class2 == "Druid" ) or ( class2 == "Shaman" ) or ( class2 == "Paladin" ) ) and ( autostate1==1 ) and ( autostate2==1 ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","target") ) ) then TogglePetAutocast(C);PetAttack(); else if ( ( ( class2 == "Druid" ) or ( class2 == "Shaman" ) or ( class2 == "Paladin" ) ) and ( autostate1==1 ) and ( autostate2==nil ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","target") ) ) then PetAttack(); else if ( ( ( not ( class2 == "Druid" ) ) and ( not ( class2 == "Shaman" ) ) and ( not ( class2 == "Paladin" ) ) ) and ( autostate1==1 ) and ( autostate2==1 ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","target") ) ) then TogglePetAutocast(D); PetAttack(); else if ( ( ( not ( class2 == "Druid" ) ) and ( not ( class2 == "Shaman" ) ) and ( not ( class2 == "Paladin" ) ) ) and ( autostate1==1 ) and ( autostate2==nil ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","target") ) ) then TogglePetAutocast(D); TogglePetAutocast(C);PetAttack(); else if ( ( ( not ( class2 == "Druid" ) ) and ( not ( class2 == "Shaman" ) ) and ( not ( class2 == "Paladin" ) ) ) and ( autostate1==nil ) and ( autostate2==nil ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","target") ) ) then TogglePetAutocast(C);PetAttack(); else if ( ( ( not ( class2 == "Druid" ) ) and ( not ( class2 == "Shaman" ) ) and ( not ( class2 == "Paladin" ) ) ) and ( autostate1==nil ) and ( autostate2==1 ) and ( UnitCanAttack("player","target") ) ) then PetAttack(); else PetAttack(); end end end end end end end end end end end end end end end end end;

Call:
/script ScorpidSolver();
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to set this stuff:
A - index of Scorpid Poison in pet's spellbook. In my case it's 6.
B - index of Claw in pet's spellbook. In my case it's 2.

C - index of Claw at the PetAuctionBar. In my case it's 4.
D - index of Scorpid Poison at the PetAuctionBar. In my case it's 6.

Replace all variables in extension to set it on.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:
-If mouseover exists pet will attack mousover. Otherwise it will attack target.
-If current pet target is a druid, shaman or paladin - claw will be set off and scorpid poison will be set on(we set off claw because it has bigger autocast priority and because all we need is as much stacks as possible). Otherwise - the reverse: claw will be set on and scorpid poison will be set off.

##################################################################################
Okay, we have a great protection from dispel. Dispeller must dispel annoying stacks, he must waste his GCDs and waste mana for dispel, otherwise he'll lose all his mana because of Viper Sting. So now we need some Viper Sting plague, something smart and convenient.

Extension(requires SuperMacro):

function ViperStingSolver() x1=UnitMana("mouseover"); x2=UnitMana("target"); x3=UnitMana("player");if ( (UnitCanAttack("player","mouseover") ) and (x1>700) and (x3>=206) ) then TargetUnit("mouseover");CastSpellByName("Viper Sting(Rank 3)");TargetLastTarget(); else if ( (UnitCanAttack("player","mouseover") ) and (x1<=700) and (x1>500) and (x3>=168) ) then TargetUnit("mouseover");CastSpellByName("Viper Sting(Rank 2)");TargetLastTarget(); else if ( (UnitCanAttack("player","mouseover") ) and (x1<=500) and (x3>=129) ) then TargetUnit("mouseover");CastSpellByName("Viper Sting(Rank 1)");TargetLastTarget(); else if ( (UnitCanAttack("player","target") ) and (x2>700) and (x3>=206) ) then CastSpellByName("Viper Sting(Rank 3)"); else if ( (UnitCanAttack("player","target") ) and (x2<=700) and (x2>500) and (x3>=168) ) then CastSpellByName("Viper Sting(Rank 2)"); else CastSpellByName("Viper Sting(Rank 1)"); end end end end end end;

Call:
/script ViperStingSolver();

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:
-If mouseover exists the Viper Sting will be launched in mouseover. Otherwise it will be launched in target.
-Macro optimizes rank of Viper Sting, considering mouseover's or target's amount of mana and your amount of mana. Since I am using 2\5 Efficiency, you may calibrate the values in this macro for your build.

Now go drain some paladins!
Have fun.
Issir
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Overtime » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:53 pm

I found something silly, never tested it.

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/project-1775/
Overtime
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Fey » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:22 am

https://www.change.org/p/michael-morhai ... -community

Guys, something terrible has happened.

Sign this now, show your support. If we can appeal to SOMEONE, it will be worth it.
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fey » Thu May 19, 2016 6:10 pm

So... I made another edit to the OP.

I had recorded another tutorial literally one day before the shutdown was announced. I never got to release it, given everything that happened, but all of the support surrounding the death of Nostalrius and all of the buzz around Blizzard about pristine servers, legacy servers, whatever, has inspired me to complete it.

The eighth tutorial is just a guide for soloing Maraudon attunement. I hope that, some day soon, it will be of practical use to someone again. For now, please enjoy it anyway.

Thanks, everyone. This server meant and still means a lot to me. You've been an awesome community and I hope to see you again soon - maybe on an official legacy server. I hope... I can hope, right?
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by shakey1 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:35 am

Holycow this is amzing!
Divana - Druid <AKA the Bomb>
<Infamous> Officer
shakey1
Private
Private

by Fey » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:20 am

Thanks a ton, Shakey <3 I hope it was helpful to you!

I continue to update this thread despite Nostalrius being down, since a few folks from Kronos requested, soooo... if you check back from time to time, you might find new content ^^
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ashyx » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:06 pm

Thanks for keeping this updated Fey. I will be going hunter again on whatever comes next Legacy servers/Nost etc. So the macros are incredibly helpful.
Ashyx - Tauren Druid - PvP
Ashyx
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fey » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:05 am

My pleasure <3 I'm happy they're helpful to you!
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter