Nightninja's Melee Hunter Guide

Re: Nightninja's Melee Hunter Guide

by swordarchmage » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:36 pm

Honestly this thread should be stickied, its awesome genius shat that I'm def gonna do once I'm done w/ my lvl grind
swordarchmage
Grunt
Grunt

by Cysthen » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:06 pm

swordarchmage wrote:Honestly this thread should be stickied, its awesome genius shat that I'm def gonna do once I'm done w/ my lvl grind

Thanks for the positive feedback, I still need to fix a few pictures and add more people to the hitscope/nightfall crafter section as I have been a little lazy with that but it'll come together, I am going to fix things up big time on aq release with new bis gearlist. Also a NR gear section for huhuran.
Twitch Channel. - http://www.twitch.tv/cysthen
Nightninja <Pantheon> Melee Hunter.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Cysthen » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:58 am

Edit: Added another section.

OTHER HASTE SOURCES.

Gnomish Battle Chicken: Battle Squawks adding 5% Melee Haste for 5 minutes.
Currently not working. Bug Tracker Link: https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=4654

Blackblade of Shahram: Spirit of Shahram has a chance to give 25% Melee Haste for 8 seconds.
Currently not working. Bug Tracker Link: https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=4604

Note that niether of these buffs are currently working or available on Nostalrius. Regardless I feel people should be aware of these buffs in case they are fixed down the line.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:43 pm

i'd rather use Retribution Paladin or Shaman that will do 3-4 times more DPS and still Boost Nightfall than this terrible and ridiculous spec, this guy have problem to understand what people say , that his dps is terrible compare to other Hunters spec and they can still pull enough Nightfall procs to replace this crap.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Cysthen » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:39 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:i'd rather use Retribution Paladin or Shaman that will do 3-4 times more DPS and still Boost Nightfall than this terrible and ridiculous spec, this guy have problem to understand what people say , that his dps is terrible compare to other Hunters spec and they can still pull enough Nightfall procs to replace this crap.

You speak of useless class combinations sir, I ask you to stop commenting on my thread with off topic discussion. That and let me just say I pull similar dps to an Enhancement Shaman. I spoke with one from another guild and he claimed 250 dps. I pull more than that with Rank 3 Wingclip.

Please don't troll here again. I take this thread very seriously.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Cysthen » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:53 pm

Went deep last night.

Without Firewater 342 dps as melee on Ebonroc. 372 if you count my pet.
http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Fight ... 48&Fight=2

If you add up all the caster dps on this specific fight you get: 4558.
15% of that is 688.
50% uptime = 342 additional dps.
40% uptime = 275 additional dps.
30% uptime = 206 additional dps.
20% uptime = 138 additional dps.

So lets just say I had 20% uptime, which I am pretty sure I had more than that if I remember correctly.
That is still more damage than every hunter that attended added on top of my damage for this specific fight.
and thats with 10 casters, I would prefer to see 12 or 14.

As you can see the Warriors are doing over 200 more dps than our normal hunters.
I am doing a under 100 less without full world buffs.
That being said you can obviously see that gimping a warrior to be a dedicated Nightfall would be more of a loss.

Also would like to add that I scored Therazane's Link last night.
Now I am only one item away from pve bis this patch.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by TySton » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Not sure if i should believe this or not... out all my years of playing wow i never heard a single damn thing about melee hunters... only heard of tanking shamans but never in my life have i heard of a fucking melee hunter... this has to be a joke... a hunter is only as good as his bow... not as his axe... so yeah wtf is this shit????
TySton
Tester

by chunass » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:38 pm

TySton wrote:Not sure if i should believe this or not... out all my years of playing wow i never heard a single damn thing about melee hunters... only heard of tanking shamans but never in my life have i heard of a fucking melee hunter... this has to be a joke... a hunter is only as good as his bow... not as his axe... so yeah wtf is this shit????

Did you actually read anything apart from the thread title?
Chunass - 60 Night Elf Hunter
Chew - 60 Human Warrior
<Molten Core Swimteam>
chunass
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by TySton » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:59 pm

chunass wrote:
TySton wrote:Not sure if i should believe this or not... out all my years of playing wow i never heard a single damn thing about melee hunters... only heard of tanking shamans but never in my life have i heard of a fucking melee hunter... this has to be a joke... a hunter is only as good as his bow... not as his axe... so yeah wtf is this shit????

yeah i did... but the fact this man is arguing to keep this alive is shocking thats why i asked because you hear and learn new shit everyday so i was asking a simple question if this is a true statement or not. so if you want to give me a yes or no question then go ahead and give me a yes or no questing sir if not then you can keep your 2 cents to your self. also if you want to add and explanation on why this is true or false then by all means go ahead after you give your yes or no answer :)
TySton
Tester

by Cysthen » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:15 pm

TySton wrote:
chunass wrote:

yeah i did... but the fact this man is arguing to keep this alive is shocking thats why i asked because you hear and learn new shit everyday so i was asking a simple question if this is a true statement or not. so if you want to give me a yes or no question then go ahead and give me a yes or no questing sir if not then you can keep your 2 cents to your self. also if you want to add and explanation on why this is true or false then by all means go ahead after you give your yes or no answer :)

I'm not exactly defending myself because I am executing said actions in a raid twice a week. I to have played wow for years. I have played vanilla wow for a total of 7 years between retail/feenix/nostalrius. It came to my attention near the end of feenix's lifetime that this would perhaps be significantly more raid dps if a raid is to bring hunters. I came to nostalrius with specifically the intent to test this. I farmed Maradon as soon as I hit 60 and got a Nightfall on October 14th 2015 at approximately 9:58pm crafted by Mogrul. (Server First Hunter Nightfall? No idea). The beginning of this guide shows an example of the type of math I compared before coming to play here on this wonderful server.

Now before jumping to conclusions that I am a deranged lunatic that has no idea what I am talking about I would ask of you to formally type out any questions you may have and formulate actual sentences. It is kind of hard to read what you say and it makes you look like some new account Killerduki might have made to troll this thread as he has similar issues when it comes to grammar.

Welcome to my Melee Hunter Thread Tyston.
Note that I appreciate your curiousity and don't mean to belittle you.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter