How good is Dwarf +5 gun?

Re: How good is Dwarf +5 gun?

by Fattel » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:09 am

Chig wrote:Trough this paper http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_skill
5 gun skill equals 3% hit (w/o another gun skill items) vs raid bosses.

Does it work correctly @ Nost?

It's not 3% if it would be based on

- If the difference between the mob's Defense Skill and your Weapon Skill is less than or equal to 10 then the formula for calculating your base miss chance against that mob is: 5% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill)*.1%
- If the difference between the mob's Defense Skill and your Weapon Skill is greater than 10, then the formula for calculating your base miss chance against that mob is: 6% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill - 10)*.4%

It would be 2% because
+0skill 6% + (315 - 300 -10)*0.4% = 6% + 5*0.4% = 8%
+5skill 5% + (315 - 305)*0.1% = 5% + 10*0.1% = 6%
Difference 2%.

And critical chance 5*0.04% = 0.2%

The Wiki doesn't say anything about the level difference bonus(like spells), it's all about the defense skill. So if the Devs took the wiki, did not scroll down or do any research of how it was pre 2.0 then i think it could be the above formula.

From playing my caster alts i can say that spell hit vs higher level players is wrong. It never was that bad in retail vanilla. Another point that they just use a reasonable formula that is close to how it is supposed to be.

What i don't like is how they don't tell us ANYTHING.

If it's not 8.6% hit for raidbosses, then i did raid the last months with 1% hit wasted.

Well, could be worse.
Fattel
Tester

by duridface » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:24 am

It's essentially irrelevant as you will always be using a bow or crossbow in raids. It might help a tiny bit leveling. The only gun that is even slightly relevant for hunters is the Ouro gun, which even for dwarves is a miniscule upgrade from xbow of smiting, and you'll piss off your guild's melee dps by taking it.
duridface
Tester

by Undertanker » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:13 pm

Drain wrote:The irrelevance of ranged weapon skill in this game is probably why it's not on any Hunter equipment.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=23039 - Naxx (When itemization is at it's peak)

Drain wrote:"5 gun skill equals 3% hit (w/o another gun skill items) vs raid bosses."
Not true. The skill bonus does not even give a whole 1%.

The formula has exponential effects when a boss has 315 def to your 300 skill. As you increase in skill, this effect drops. The last 310-315 less than a hit, but the first 300-305 is a huge.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to Hunter