Pet's keep running away...

Re: Pet's keep running away...

by Fourwood » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:25 am

You will have to do the quest with your racial trainer. If you're night elf, you must talk to the hunter trainer in Dolanaar who gives you the quest to talk to a hunter trainer in Darnassus. If you're a dwarf, it's the trainer in Kharanos and then trainer in Ironforge. This goes with all class-specific quests, in that usually you can only get them from your racial trainer in your capital.

Sorry to keep banging on about this but I spoke to the trainer Kharanos who put me through a couple of quest training different animals and then directed me to Dolanaar. When I went to Dolanaar the quest was ready to be handed in but after that nothing happened, I wasn't directed to another quest giver and so I returned to Kharanos. Since when no class trainer has had any quest or spell to offer me.

I suspect that this quest line was bugged for me so I am a little unsure what to do next. I don't really want to re-roll anther character just to see if the problem repeats itself.
Fourwood
Tester

by Jorrick » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:21 am

As described above!
THanks for the way more clear explanation Classil!
That is exactly what I meant ^^

Since I focus on the healthbar in luna, no more runaway pets :)
Jorrick
Grunt
Grunt

by Pottu » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:01 pm

Fourwood wrote:I suspect that this quest line was bugged for me so I am a little unsure what to do next. I don't really want to re-roll anther character just to see if the problem repeats itself.

Just to make sure there are no misunderstandings: you're a dwarf hunter, right? And you got your taming quests from Grif Wildheart in Kharanos? You tamed a Large Crag Boar, a Snow Leopard and an Ice Claw Bear? Grif then directs you to go to Ironforge and talk to Belia Thundergranite. When you talk to her, she teaches you Beast Training and Feed Pet abilities.

At no point should you need to go to Dolanaar or Darnassus as a dwarf. If you're a night elf hunter, you should not be able to pick up any of these quests in Dun Morogh and instead you should be doing the elf versions in Teldrassil.

If Grif Wildheart gave you a quest to go to Dolanaar, then something is indeed wrong and a report should be made in the Bug Tracker.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Cargalia » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:19 am

it's simple , I've done it myself. I went dunmorogh as NE, I received the pet quest. It sends you to Teldrassil , where your innate quest is.
Cargalia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Hunter