[Theorycraft] Lone wolf hunter in vanilla?

[Theorycraft] Lone wolf hunter in vanilla?

by rosembergwatt » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Apart from the leveling proccess, how good would a lone wolf hunter (marksman) handle dungeons/raids?

I heard that pets usually get killed in raids pretty quickly because of AoE's, so I thought that maybe it would make sense to raid without pets - but I'm not sure about this info. I really want to try this out because I hate pets, any ideas around it?
rosembergwatt
Grunt
Grunt

Re: [Theorycraft] Lone wolf hunter in vanilla?

by Issir » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:55 pm

rosembergwatt wrote:Apart from the leveling proccess, how good would a lone wolf hunter (marksman) handle dungeons/raids?

Considering the fact that 20\31\0 is the best PvE spec and the fact that pet does 15-20% of your total damage per raid it is not possible. Leave lone wolf for panda\wod kids.
rosembergwatt wrote:I heard that pets usually get killed in raids pretty quickly because of AoE's

It's the matter of proper use PetStay, PetAttack, PetFollow commands. If you push PetFollow and your pet is still around 10% hp - it's the right sign that you have retarded healers in your raid.
rosembergwatt wrote:because I hate pets

Then why you playing hunter? Hunter gameplay in vanilla\tbc\wtlk is all about the pet, both for pvp and pve.
Issir
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: [Theorycraft] Lone wolf hunter in vanilla?

by rosembergwatt » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:10 pm

Issir wrote:
rosembergwatt wrote:Apart from the leveling proccess, how good would a lone wolf hunter (marksman) handle dungeons/raids?

Considering the fact that 20\31\0 is the best PvE spec and the fact that pet does 15-20% of your total damage per raid it is not possible. Leave lone wolf for panda\wod kids.
rosembergwatt wrote:I heard that pets usually get killed in raids pretty quickly because of AoE's

It's the matter of proper use PetStay, PetAttack, PetFollow commands. If you push PetFollow and your pet is still around 10% hp - it's the right sign that you have retarded healers in your raid.
rosembergwatt wrote:because I hate pets

Then why you playing hunter? Hunter gameplay in vanilla\tbc\wtlk is all about the pet, both for pvp and pve.

Hey mate thanks for the information! Actually I'm not playing a hunter, I was just thinking about the idea of having one because I loved the dwarf rifleman in WC3.
rosembergwatt
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Hunter