Hunter Pet Skills Bug? HELP!

Hunter Pet Skills Bug? HELP!

by remarah14 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:55 am

So I have a level 31 hunter with a pet I had since I was level 10-- a rare that I'm quite attached to for some jokingly reasons, a pet I want to keep until 60.

Unfortunately, this level 10 pet still has Bite rank 2, and [i]I need rank 4.[/i] He has everything else avaible with beast training and I bought everything available. (the resistances and growl ranks and stam, armor, ,ect)

I have heard 2 tips from fellow hunters on the server.

1. Why not just go to pet trainer?
My issue: I look for different ranks of bite for my wolf I had since level 10-- but none are there.

2. You have to go tame another pet around your level that has bite rank 4 and then your main pet will learn rank 4.
My issue: Well first off it didn't work, lol. Unless I did it wrong. (I tamed a lvl 27 wolf, because the pet I had since level 10 was a wolf, so I got furious howl rank 2 and bite rank 4 which is what I obviously don't have for my other main pet. I put the temporary pet into the stables, and it still didn't work! :( )

So... Can anyone help me, I tried asking everywhere! I would greatly appreciate it :3
remarah14
Tester

Re: Hunter Pet Skills Bug? HELP!

by bloodysam » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:54 pm

2. is correct, you just did slightly wrong I'm guessing. You need to let the new pet use the higher rank skills a few times, until you learn them from it. You will get a notice when you've learned the skills, and they will be available under Beast Training. Then you can train your old pet the higher ranks.
bloodysam
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Hunter Pet Skills - HELP!

by zamug » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:45 pm

As you say "Unless I did it wrong." Sadly, you are correct in this sentence.
This is not a bug, you should rename your topic if you can.

Option 1 does not occur until Option 2 has happened. The information in that sense is correct.

You can use this site to check which mobs have the pet skills you require.

I also recommend you check out the GFW HuntersHelper addon which will add the pet skills of mobs to their tooltip.

On a final note, there is a Hunters forum, you would be better served posting this kind of thread in there.
New to Nostalrius? Need some tips? Read this guide..
zamug
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Hunter