[Leveling] Boar vs Bear vs Owl

[Leveling] Boar vs Bear vs Owl

by earelith » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:19 pm

I read the forums and as I understand there is a debate on these pets efficiency for leveling...

Whats their differences? Their strengths and weaknesses? Which is the "best" and why?

Thanks
earelith
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: [Leveling] Boar vs Bear vs Owl

by Lynx- » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:56 pm

Bestiary wrote:
  • Owl: 7% Damage 0% Armor 0% Health
    • Claw, Dive, Screech
  • Boar: -10% Damage 9% Armor 4% Health
    • Bite, Charge, Dash
  • Bear -9% Damage 5% Armor 8% Health
    • Bite, Claw

I haven't tested them all, but Owl seems to be the most useful. I'm using an owl can easily solo 2-3 mobs around the same level. My groups very rarely wipe in dungeons too because screech is quite useful it seems, especially when someone mistakenly pulls too much.

I guess boar could be nice too with charge, especially on this laggy server. Bear stats seems like sub-par with the rest.

To be honest the difference isn't that significant while leveling and you shouldn't start worrying until you are about to hit 60 and start raiding.

Edit: Source
Last edited by Lynx- on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynx-
Private
Private

by earelith » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:05 pm

Wow thanks for these stats! Now i wonder what other pets stats are... Owl seems very good indeed... No armor/health penalty and +dmg! Definitely gonna try one
earelith
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lingon » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:16 am

Boar has annoying sound, Owl has annoying graphics, thus Bear it is for me.
Lingon
Grunt
Grunt

by TySton » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:35 pm

so your saying i shouldnt worry about what pet i have unless its a owl boar or a bear till im raid ready? or till way later game? or does it honestly matter?
TySton
Tester

by Lynx- » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:23 pm

Sure, if you're all about number crunching and min-maxing you should worry about what pet you use, but it probably doesn't matter. The time you spend researching what pet to use is probably the same time you lose by not having the most efficient pet.

When you hit 58 you can tame a lbrs worg and raid with that at 60. Or you could be lazy and hit 60 and tame some ZG pet.
Lynx-
Private
Private

by TySton » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:53 pm

alright thanks :D
TySton
Tester

by Bubble Hearth » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:13 am

I liked boars for leveling. With charge they get to the target faster so you can start killing sooner and are beefy enough to tank 2-3 mobs if necessary.

If you level beast mastery any pet will be a killing/tanking machine though with all the enhancements to pets in that line.
Bubble Hearth
Tester

Return to Hunter