Should I train both bite and claw?

Should I train both bite and claw?

by earelith » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:54 am

Is it viable to have both bite and claw? I mean both regarding pet focus efficiency and also traning points efficiency. I read in another thread that claw has more dps than bite.. I will also learn Dash on 30...

I am interested for solo/leveling, not raiding.. Also is there a pet build calculator? I wanna know if i must save points cor armor/stamina or be free to spend them on abilities..

Thanks in advance
earelith
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Should I train both bite and claw?

by Erou » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:39 am

You can have both, unless Nost fixes focus generation. If saving points always prio claw if pet can have it, if not then bite or w/e.
Pet respec is like what, 10 silver? Take what you can at moment and just pay for it when you have new options.
Erou
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by konked » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:16 am

Erou wrote:You can have both, unless Nost fixes focus generation. If saving points always prio claw if pet can have it, if not then bite or w/e.
Pet respec is like what, 10 silver? Take what you can at moment and just pay for it when you have new options.

Is pet focus even bugged? seems fine to me...
konked
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dr. Doom » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:43 am

Sure, Bite deals substantially more damage but Claw is both cheaper and on a shorter cd. Different uses.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Erou » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:47 am

konked wrote:Is pet focus even bugged? seems fine to me...
Should be only half what it is right now.
Erou
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Tamanous » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:24 am

Even with the possible focus issue I find that without deep Beast Master talents having both bite and claw along side growl is too much of a focus drain. Claw and growl alone will keep focus tapped and I am sure they cannot be maintained properly over time. I prefer claw alone on cats when using growl. Perhaps this changes deep BM as mentioned. Never gone full BM though.

Pvp without growl may be worth it however as likely your pet is popping on and off target a lot anyway.

I have 2 hunters: alliance NE with cat (duh) and troll + wolf. I am finding opening with bite provides a better initial aggro build even though the dog is slightly lower dps (and I am not BM at all with the troll) along with the slower attack with slightly higher initial damage (only compared against fast attack pets i.e. Broken Tooth). I am starting to really like Bite over claw due the ability to time heavy attacks right after a Bite/growl cycle. Lower pet dps perhaps but better strategic application of heavy Marksman attacks with holding aggro on pet.
Tamanous
Grunt
Grunt

by earelith » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:33 am

Thanks you all for the replies! Nice info here :)
earelith
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pottu » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:28 pm

On my hunter, I time the aimed shot to hit right after first Bite + Growl combo has hit the mob. If successful, its enough to hold threat even if AS crits.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Return to Hunter