Questions regarding hunters

Questions regarding hunters

by lequintal69 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:41 pm

Yo, i have got two questions

Do pets have heartbeat mechanics regarding cc"s ? by that i mean can you sheep an hunter's pet for full 30sec or does it have a high chance to end before
they usually dont have that on other servers, tho according to both my research and memory they should have it

Do traps have hearbeat mechanics? obviously they should have it (very easy to prove)
In case they do, i hope they dont last 7-8sec on average like they do in feenix atm cuz their heartbeat formula is fucked up
Anyone who has done testing can give some insight?
lequintal69
Private
Private

Re: Questions regarding hunters

by Veleant » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:47 pm

1)I did, pets don't have any kind of DR as it turns out,so you can endlessly poly them
2)Traps usually last for ~10 seconds.
Veleant
Grunt
Grunt

by Drain » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:40 am

1) Pets didn't have DR on retail. They're mobs. Every CC was 100%. Your pet could be sheeped/feared full duration, which is a problem, especially if they just cast it again. To solve this problem, Blizzard gave you the ability to train magic resists on your pets. All Hunter pets can train high in every resist, all at one time, for a rather low cost. +90 all is probably the most cost efficient choice, less doesn't offer enough protection, and more is too expensive. But not all are equally important. Fire doesn't have any CCs, so unless you take the pet to Molten Core, you can skip spending points in it. Nature is also largely unused, unless the pet gets hit with Wyvern Sting or Hibernate(very rare). So you could invest more in Arcane/Frost/Shadow, which are the most effective resists in PvP vs CCs. Shadow also has all the nasty dots that could otherwise kill your pet if it's not resisting damage ticks. If you don't take Improved Mend, you better take +shadow resist.

2) All the Hunter traps should last full durations on players except Freezing. The fire traps are not CCs, and neither is Frost. Freezing is a CC. CCs are capped at 12 seconds in PvP(From Player to Player, no mob), and not only that, they are reduced each time thanks to diminishing returns. This is 100, 50, 25, then 0. This means that if hit with the same kind of debuff again and again, you eventually become IMMUNE to it. If you go long enough without being hit by a debuff group again(1min?), you reset back to 100%. DR is not displayed to players by default, you would need a mod to track it for your targets or yourself. If your CC exceeds 12s, it'll be reduced to 12, then 12 will be the 100% number for you.

DR is confusing however because some things are not shared when you would expect them to be, such as Cheap Shot+Kidney Shot. Rogue can double stun with both of these for 100% each. They are not shared groups. They are separate, meaning the same one has to be used twice to incur a reduction, and they each have their own reduction. So it's 100+100, 50+50, if they are both used twice. This is why people hated Rogues. Some other things are also not in DR groups, such as your Imp Concession Shot talent, Entrapment. These are not reduced by nor incur DR. Entrapment was later put in DR(2.1), but in Classic, perma rooting on Frost Trap is A o K. If the root keeps proccing, the player will just be stuck there until the trap expires. People really hated that, especially stacked with Clever Trap+Trap Mastery.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Veleant » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:28 am

1)Both Hibernate and Entagling roots used very often versus pets, i bet that every Druid will try to be "pro" and spam either one on your pet, making nature resist quite useful.
2)CS and KS are in different DR groups because CS requires stealth condition (same as Pounce). Imp concussion is in "random stuns" group, sharing DR with mage's Impact, priest's Blackout, stun from the shaman's Stoneclaw totem and weapon procs like the one on staff from the ZF http://web.archive.org/web/200411130631 ... witem=9477

edit: nvm, sorry Drain, those things are not obvious as it turns out, your way of clarification is perfectly fine...
Last edited by Veleant on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Veleant
Grunt
Grunt

by lequintal69 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:32 pm

regarding hearbeat mechanic on pets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5bIKjadBfw

at 8:10 the pet is feared. At 8:17 he is already coming back
7seconds fear doesnt look like a "full duration fear" to me
lequintal69
Private
Private

by Veleant » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Did you read what Drain wrote? Guess not... That hunter probably has shadow resist trained on his pet, meaning that there's no way his wolf would sit full Fear. Though if you haven't trained any resists to your pet it will sit in CC without breaking it.
Veleant
Grunt
Grunt

by lequintal69 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:58 pm

resistances dont make CC shorter
lequintal69
Private
Private

by lequintal69 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:27 pm

using a wiki link to prove stuff about vanilla is meh 90% the time
So, according to that undated and unclear definition, if the resistance they talk about is actually magical resistance, someone with 0 arcane resistance would NEVER get sheeped less than 30sec? someone with 0 shadow resistance would always get feared 20sec?

thats not really it isnt it?

As for the 2nd link, there's absolutly nothing that says resistance increased chance to get out of cc sooner
lequintal69
Private
Private

by Veleant » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:50 pm

Not sure if troll or just... nvm.
If that "someone" is a mob without any resists - yes, he will never sit in cc less than stated full duration, but almost all mobs have resists, so it leaves us with pets which are counted as mobs (Drain said it, no idea why you didn't read it). And pets by default have 0 resists meaning that they will get CCed for full duration.
Veleant
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Hunter