Observing Mind Flay: bug?

Observing Mind Flay: bug?

by Soosi » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:02 am

Hello,

So I've been noticing Mind flay sometimes only delivering 2 ticks of damage on a fully channeled cast and if interrupted once, only one tick.

Started testing this with shield on and observing combat log and monster's health and I've found that it is not uncommon that one tick is missing. In fact I this happens at least once within just several casts.

During a faulty channel I think the damage ticks just a little late, but I cannot confirm this, just catches my eye.

Has anyone else noticed such problems?
It would definitely be and issue to already low Spriest dmg (at least until further stages of gear) in PvE.

Maybe this belongs in a bug thread, but didn't notice it.

Thanks!
Soosi
Tester

Re: Observing Mind Flay: bug?

by Profitilia » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:04 pm

If you are in a group, mind flay is being pushed off the debuff limit. When there's debuffs being spammed, mind flay sometimes wont even tick once.
Profitilia
Tester

by res » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:57 pm

If it only happens in dungeons or in big groups it could be because the mind flay debuff slot is bumped off by other players spells because of the 8 slot debuff limit.
res
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Soosi » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:34 pm

Nah, I've been trying it on mobs on my own. With a shield on.
Soosi
Tester

by subdue » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:13 pm

I have also noticed this. It seems to happen when the population gets high.
subdue
Private
Private

by buuren » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:13 am

This is a very old bug. Been playing as a spriest on private servers for many years and I can confirm that this bug exists on Nostalrius as well. This is actually a general type of a bug which applies to many other channeled spells (arcane missiles is one of them). As far as I know, it's a problem with first tick of the channeled spells which doesn't hit and last time this general bug had something to do with warlock's succubus Seduce spell (some bad logic in Seduce spell code caused problems in other channeled spells)

Some reference for developers:

https://github.com/FeenixServerProject/ ... ssues/1423

https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/1775
buuren
Tester

by enzi » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:11 am

Profitilia wrote:If you are in a group, mind flay is being pushed off the debuff limit. When there's debuffs being spammed, mind flay sometimes wont even tick once.

Only partially true. The debuff is the slow effect, not the dmg part.
enzi
Tester

by Shadarz » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:04 am

Here is a video of Mind flay only doing 2 tick's. I have posted on a old thread on the bug tracker but they need more evidence. They can't seem to be able to reproduce the bug so they need more videos of this bug.
So if anyone can recreate this bug pleas fraps it and post it on the Bug tracker.

Bug tracker: https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3026

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaP7_jba2LQ
Last edited by Shadarz on Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadarz
Tester

by Ascha90 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:44 pm

Is haste an integral stat for Shadow Priests? And does haste affect channeling time? I have never played vanilla before, and only recently joined, so correct me if I am wrong. If haste affects channeling time, could this bug out mind flay to reduce the channeling time, but not send out another tick of damage? I couldn't really find anything online regarding haste and channeling spells. I also don't have a high enough priest (mine is only level 10, I just started a few days ago), so I can't really test this. That, and the lack of information online, is why I ask. Sorry if I got anything wrong, or am mistaken on a particular subject.
Ascha90
Tester

by Sonasol » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:11 pm

This is something that realy need to be fixed.
Sonasol
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Priest