Benediction - The Balance of Light and Shadow

Re: Benediction - The Balance of Light and Shadow

by NikeTheSword » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:27 am

Ok, so I finally completed it and found many of the tips posted here not working for me. Maybe it's a latency issue, maybe just skill. Here's my thoughts on the encounter, hoping it will help with people struggling:

Stats and buffs used:
-HP: 2750~
-mana: 6017 (Basic DME farm stats attainable by anyone)
-gear: mostly prebis and a couple of substitutes like sublime wristguards
-foods and buffs: Lesser mana oil, sagefish delight, oil of immolation (came with 15, used 8), 3 mana pots, 2 dark runes, self buffs
-specc: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMrsVZfxtcb0VZx (as presented by Docholy earlier)
-spells used: FH rank 4, Renew rank 5, Abolish Disease, Holy nova (but I needed to use it only once)

Like said, dispeling the purple plague is important since it's the most damaging.
BUT HERE'S THE FIRST BIG POINT:Many people suggested just renewing green plague npc's. But I found myself constantly swamped by the damage even with renews up. The green plague spreads to other healthy npc's. I don't know if this is a server specific bug or working as intended but as soon as I cured every npc the wave stayed free of any disease. This is important because the archers do laughable damage (I monitored around 5% damage per arrow while spectating other player and one arrow is shot once in 4 seconds). So I always focused curing before heaing and from my experience the healthbars stopped into crawl making healing and conserving mana easy.
HERE'S THE SECOND BIG POINT: After curing diseases DO NOT prioritize npc's that are targeted by 4+ archers (evident by fast loss of health in quick succession). There are 8 or 9 archers and they target randomly. But what I haven't seen anybody mention is that they stick to their targets until dead. This means that if about half of the archers happen to pick the same target you'll waste all your mana healing that guy. I just let them die and the archers usually spread around other targets after this, making healing really easy and not hectic at all.

Otherwise all the tactics already posted by others worked great: pop first mana pot at 60-70%, then cycle pot->rune->pot as needed, use oil of immolation with wild abandon as it's free in terms of mana, use holy nova noly when your hp drops <50% and remember that holy nova doesn't heal the npc's.

My priority list formed out to be like this:
-cure the purple plague
-pick the lowest health green plague patient (and stick to him until cured and over 80%hp)
-cure the plague, flash heal him to 70%+, renew
-repeat from step 2 until all green plague is cured
-calm down and prepare mentally to cure plague of the next wave (this is important, take half a second to focus because you just made it through the most hectic part of the wave, rest is cake)
-throw heals as needed (not many needed at this part, you can mostly let mana regen)

I really hope this helps you guys, good luck!
NikeTheSword
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ana » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:33 am

How much did your r5 renew tick for? :P
Also flash heal. R4 looks expensive as hell...
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by NikeTheSword » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Ana wrote:How much did your r5 renew tick for? :P
Also flash heal. R4 looks expensive as hell...

Renew ticks for about 120 or so which is more than 10% of npc health, it covers the damage from two archers (5% dmg x 2 / every 4 seconds). FH isn't used that much, I only used it twice per wave to top some very low npc. At rank 4 it heals for about 600 and the npcs have 1000 health. Also I found it manageable tradeoff of not having to use greater heal.
NikeTheSword
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ana » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:10 pm

Oh hell. No wonder it's hard to keep all NPCs up with only renew like this. My r5 renew ticks for around 210 now :O Was probably around 190 when I was doing the quest myself.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Sisi » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:51 am

The quest itself isn't hard, but they are so many noobs in this server that just taking the quest is hard.

I don't even speak about that mongoloids that disconnect in front of the NPC spawn, making the event restart when they log in.

In a server with so many people like Nostalrius, the 2 hours respawn is painfull, and the reset is lame.
Sisi la famille !
Sisi
Grunt
Grunt

by tankafarian » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:33 am

2 WEEKS & GOING STRONG
Quest interrupted, NPC dispawn, Ganked.. You name it

What is the problem with inviting eachother and helping with reseting the encounter if ur about to fail?
Its been like this for several weeks, people logging in at the "quest zone" interrupting the quest, making it dispawn for hours. I've had like 4 tries, failing all the time interrupt..

Why cant you do something about the respawn timer already?
You want to keep it Vanilla style I get it but this is just sad with a pop of 10k players having 4-8 priests waiting.
Orc WARRIOR 48
tankafarian
Private
Private

by kaikala » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:26 am

Well I did it in my third try. It' s not that hard but I am also pretty geared. If you get this Q in your second MC and you aren't even Bis it might be a bit hard gear-wise. And yes people logging in next to the NPC is frustrating and so as people passing by reseting it. You need people helping, informing the morons try to get in the way etc :p
kaikala
Private
Private

by PanTheSatyr » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:57 pm

I've almost given up. Every time I go there's either a line, no NPC, or some Horde arsehole ruining it for any Alliance who tries.
PvP Realm
Malachic - Lv 60 Mage (Frost)
Malapriest - Lv 60 Priest (Heals)
Malahunt - Lv 60 Hunter (Bang/Twang)

♫ Dance with Pan and Drink with Bacchus! ♫
PanTheSatyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Rawina » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:09 pm

So the NPC always seem to Yell when someone fails or completes the quest but recently the npc didn´t yell after someone failed the quest, so I don´t really know if he really failed it because the npc didn´t yell or npc glitched out and made him fail.
Rawina
Private
Private

by crimsonsage » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:08 pm

We seem to have a problem where the quest keeps resetting, and I think it's because as the peasants walk away from the cave, they are walking toward the players waiting in line. People need to stand reallllllllly far back.
crimsonsage
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Priest