DM East Farming Guide: Priest Edition

DM East Farming Guide: Priest Edition

by gotmilk0112 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:35 am

Just a quick guide for any fellow HPriests who want to farm lashers in DM East.

BEFORE YOU BEGIN

DM East farming on a Priest is simple. It only requires that you be specced into Holy Nova, and have at least 6k max mana. You don't need any +damage gear, so don't worry about that. But having some wouldn't hurt, obviously. I only had 50 bonus damage from Briarwood Reed + a couple other pieces, and did fine.

Why 6k mana? Well, Holy Nova is fucking expensive (675 mana!), and if you don't have enough max mana, you'll OOM before the lashers are dead. I found that 6k was just about the bare minimum necessary to kill all the lashers without OOMing, given that you don't get insane bad luck with resists. To help out with your max mana, you can use either Arcane Intellect from a mage, or Greater Intellect elixirs, which are fairly cheap to make. (only 70 silver in mats, give or take.) You can also look for "of intellect" greens on the AH.

THE GUIDE ITSELF

Enter DM East from the side entrance. (doesn't require a key) You'll see the first pack of lashers right out in front, but there are two patrols that go right through it: one big treant, and another pack of three smaller ones. They both have roughly the same patrol path, so just watch them for a bit to learn their patrol route. When they're out of the way, pull the lashers back into the little tunnel and Holy Nova them down.

Now comes the trickiest part: jumping down to the lower level without aggroing the huge treants. These guys seem to have massive aggro ranges, and if you aggro them mid-jump, you'll be stuck in combat and forced to die to reset them.

Here's where I always walked to avoid aggro:

http://i.imgur.com/gtQkEoH.jpg ---> http://i.imgur.com/uMcWtoj.jpg

>obligatory "nice binds" comment

Now, the strategy here is to PWS yourself beforehand, drop down onto the pack of lashers below, and immediately start Holy Nova'ing them. So hit yourself up with a bubble and walk up to the spot like in the screenshot, and then drop down. You'll be at like 20% health, but the shield will protect you for a couple seconds, just enough time to recover and survive with the healing from Holy Nova. You don't have to worry about aggroing anything while you're on top of this pack, because the Death Lash is too far away, and the 2nd patrol does not come anywhere near this pack.

From here, it's just a game of watching the patrols and Holy Nova'ing the other 3 packs of lashers. Once you've cleared all lashers, reset the instance and /camp to exit. You can do both with this one macro:

Code: Select all
/script ResetInstances();
/camp

You'll likely die a few times as you get used to the patrol routes, but after 5-10 runs, it should be easy.

Video of this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8e50WXo0ko
Last edited by gotmilk0112 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: DM East Farming Guide: Priest Edition

by Ana » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:20 pm

3 things:
- Videos on YT may vary drastically in terms of how the mob spawns are arranged. Even if you search for "vanilla wow" you're most likely to find a vid from one private server or another. I.e. on Feenix there's only 4 lasher packs available, they are 10 lashers each, mobs are very tightly packed and the route is completely different (you have to take the main door and slide down the tree on the left)
- If you have excess mana, throwing Inner Fire drastically improves the longevity of your shield. Not exactly necessary, but i.e. dying because the 2nd pack (1st after dropping) burns you too fast would be embarassing. Extra survivability always good
- Use Inner Focus for nova :P actually you can get away with 5,5k mana if you have Focus on CD for each pack

Other than that gj on the guide.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by flowison » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:03 pm

nice guide thx!
how much hp should i have?

and last question: what does i farm for? what are the drops?
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by PanTheSatyr » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:35 pm

flowison wrote:nice guide thx!
how much hp should i have?

and last question: what does i farm for? what are the drops?

Herbs - hopefully some high-end ones - and the occasional gray or green item.

Like any farming, be prepared to go for hours in order to get any substantial gold.
PvP Realm
Malachic - Lv 60 Mage (Frost)
Malapriest - Lv 60 Priest (Heals)
Malahunt - Lv 60 Hunter (Bang/Twang)

♫ Dance with Pan and Drink with Bacchus! ♫
PanTheSatyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by gotmilk0112 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:28 pm

PanTheSatyr wrote:Herbs - hopefully some high-end ones - and the occasional gray or green item.

Er...no, the lasher grey items are not "occasional", they're the main source of your gold, and drop very frequently. They vendor for pretty huge amounts compared to most grey items.

Majority of the herb drops don't sell for shit; only things worth auctioning seem to be Dreamfoil, Gromsblood and Ghost Mushroom. Even being an alchemist, you don't really get enough of any one herb to really make any useful potions.

PanTheSatyr wrote:Like any farming, be prepared to go for hours in order to get any substantial gold.

On average, 5 runs will net you ~20g just from vendoring, and then another 5-8 gold from auctioning herbs. 5 runs shouldn't take you more than 45 minutes. Average run only took 6 minutes or so, for me.

It's not a whole lot of gold, but it's easy, guaranteed farming. Only limit is your free bag space.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by gotmilk0112 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Made a short video of the route.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8e50WXo0ko
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ana » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:01 pm

gotmilk0112 wrote:Only limit is your free bag space.

The main limit is instance reset limit, really :P
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by gotmilk0112 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:43 pm

Ana wrote:
gotmilk0112 wrote:Only limit is your free bag space.

The main limit is instance reset limit, really :P

Yeah, but it's not too bad, seeing as you only have to sit and chill 15-20 minutes, depending on how fast or slow you clear.
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by flowison » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:45 pm

can i go farmin under level 60?
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by gotmilk0112 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:33 pm

flowison wrote:can i go farmin under level 60?

Probably not. You'd aggro things way more easily, and probably wouldn't have enough max mana to kill the lashers.
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Priest