DM East Farming Guide: Priest Edition

Re: DM East Farming Guide: Priest Edition

by moelgaard » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:15 pm

I noticed that you're not checking the two book spawns once you jump down. Each spawn has a 10% chance of being there, and at least on PvE, those books still go for quite a bit.

First book is located between the third pack you kill after entering, and the big tree in the south west corner. It's down at the flat area between the pillar (next to the pack) and the tree.

Second book is located a bit east of the fourth pack you're killing, right behind a root and right next to some of the big lashers. It is possible to LoS loot the book, by keeping your back to the root and slowly going around until it's lootable. This may take a few tries to get right.

Also, if you use Inner Focus on the very first pack, you'll have it for a second use on the fourth pack (or there about). I usually complete five runs in 30 minutes, giving me time to sort some RL stuff inbetween farm sessions.

Have fun farming :)
moelgaard
Private
Private

by metrolol » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:42 pm

I've been looking for those book spawns every time I go in, and never see them. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong area.
metrolol
Sergeant
Sergeant

by spelunker » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:09 am

moelgaard wrote:It is possible to LoS loot the book, by keeping your back to the root and slowly going around until it's lootable. This may take a few tries to get right.

Have fun farming :)

Back? You mean your face right?
spelunker
Private
Private

by moelgaard » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:01 pm

I keep my back to the root when approaching the book, haven't tried with the front. Mainly due to the fact that you take longer step forward than backwards, thus increasing your risk of going too far.
moelgaard
Private
Private

by spelunker » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:05 pm

What race are you? I tried with both front and back with my undead priest and pulled every time. I was aldo wondering do you know if the death lasher is always level 58? He was for me but the rest of the flowers were 55, 54. Maybe it's not always guaranteed you can do it safely.
spelunker
Private
Private

by moelgaard » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:19 pm

Human female. Level doesn't matter to me since I LoS them. I'm within aggro range constantly either way. So far it works on all the alliance races, according to various guild members.
moelgaard
Private
Private

by synkz » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:33 am

I'm having quite a bit of trouble looting that book as well, is there a video showing how it's done? I keep aggroing the elites near it no matter how cautiously I move.
synkz
Private
Private

by spelunker » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:35 pm

Tried with deviate fish costumes and still failing miserable. Inv potion ain't a thing too because you pull as soon as you click. Still to try noggen though.
spelunker
Private
Private

by varth » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:46 pm

on horde side the only people that can loot that book are UD females. Deviate fish is the worst btw, makes your agro radius the largest in the game. The reason ally have no problems is because all of their agro radiuses are tiny.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by spelunker » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Hm interesting. Wonder if orb of deception would work here.
spelunker
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Priest