Shadow Wand + Shadow Weaving (Shadow Damage Vulnerability)

Shadow Wand + Shadow Weaving (Shadow Damage Vulnerability)

by i214chess » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:12 pm

Does the UPTO 15% Shadow Damage work with shadow damage wands? The tooltip doesn't specify spell damage, and I've not had the opportunity to test this out yet.

What do you think? Will my shadow wand hit harder because of the +shadow damage? Is the shadow wand damage buffed from gear too?
i214chess
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Shadow Wand + Shadow Weaving (Shadow Damage Vulnerabilit

by Armilus » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Gear only has +x spell damage on it so it doesn't work with wand damage.

The shadow weaving debuff should increase all shadow damage on the target so it should work with wand and weapon procs. I'm pretty sure it worked for me while I was leveling.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by i214chess » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:14 am

thanks for the status update -- really helpful.

I just tested if the Troll Racial Shadowguard works with +shadow dmg and it does!!
i214chess
Grunt
Grunt

by artifact23 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:22 am

The debuff "Increases shadow damage" and a shadow damage wand is shadow damage, which would mean that it does apply to your shadow damage wand. I've always thought this to be the case. Then again Blizzard has written unclear tooltips before, such as that of the "Improved Shadow Word: Pain" talent.
artifact23
Grunt
Grunt

by mitlandyr » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:41 am

artifact23 wrote:The debuff "Increases shadow damage" and a shadow damage wand is shadow damage, which would mean that it does apply to your shadow damage wand. I've always thought this to be the case. Then again Blizzard has written unclear tooltips before, such as that of the "Improved Shadow Word: Pain" talent.

What's the deal with Imp SWP talent tooltip?
mitlandyr
Tester

by gotmilk0112 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:16 am

I'm not exactly sure if it increases wand damage, but I do know for absolute sure that Shadowform increases shadow wand damage.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by NikeTheSword » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:01 pm

mitlandyr wrote:
artifact23 wrote:The debuff "Increases shadow damage" and a shadow damage wand is shadow damage, which would mean that it does apply to your shadow damage wand. I've always thought this to be the case. Then again Blizzard has written unclear tooltips before, such as that of the "Improved Shadow Word: Pain" talent.

It's not being clear on wether it spreads the dmg on a longer duration or actually gives more ticks.
For the record, it gives you one bonus tick for each talentpoint.
NikeTheSword
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nerdbird » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:05 pm

NikeTheSword wrote:
mitlandyr wrote:

It's not being clear on wether it spreads the dmg on a longer duration or actually gives more ticks.
For the record, it gives you one bonus tick for each talentpoint.
I've played a shadowpriest forever and never actually took the time to figure this out, I just knew it was a good talent because all my friends chose it... I feel informed now, like when I got drunk and read about Arminius and the battle of the Teutoburg forest.
Nerdbird
Grunt
Grunt

by Whalis » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:18 pm

If you look at SW:P tooltip without the talents it says something like "850 damage over 18 seconds" but talented it says "1250 damage over 24 seconds" so it appears to do just two extra ticks with appropriate damage.
Whalis
Tester

Return to Priest