Holy Priest talent tree input

Re: Holy Priest talent tree input

by Guanyin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:22 am

Just to echo what other people have said, but in some stronger words.

Imp renew is trash, dont take it.

I have holy nova in my build, partly because I dont have any other character so I need it to farm. It's honestly useful in raids, vael comes to mind, and sometimes I find time/mana to press it in aoe packs.

Been tempted recently to take spell warding, even considered dropping 2 points of crit for it. Holy crit is basically "only" chance to get inspiration up, any extra healing from crits are often overheals. And whenever you take damage, it tends to be magical.
Lillasyster - Holy Priest - Ill
Guanyin
Private
Private

Re: Holy Priest talent tree input

by Imbaslap » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:17 pm

varth wrote:Imp renew doesn't scale with + healing, and healing focus is super fucking good. You have to be insane if you think 35% pushback protection is worse than +50 overall healing to renew that generally turns into overheal.
From a raiding perspective you have rag, vael, firemaw, jindo, and bat. Lets not even address how awesome pushback protection is in 5 mans and pvp.

Don't give advice if your advice is complete shit, tired of having to correct people giving absolutely terrible advice. By terrible I mean 10/10 raiding priests that clear BWL will say you are wrong. *This is not meant for the OP, but the people advocating imp renew over healing focus.

have to agree here.
even testing out the imp renew 3/3 is really crappy compared to the situations all priests get into (pve and pvp) without having pushback resistance.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Previous

Return to Priest