Holy Priest talent tree input

Holy Priest talent tree input

by edimel » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:28 am

Hello all. Just like a few of you, its been years since I played retail. Trying to get some input on some endgame Holy Priest builds for PvE and potential raiding.

Here is what i was playing around with. Any and all contructive feedback is appreciated!

https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/priest?build=50123013050010022505003030005500000000000000000
edimel
Tester

Re: Holy Priest talent tree input

by Haitharn » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:28 pm

That is basically the normal build. Some people pickup holy nova so they can farm dm east and what not. I'd drop a point in Healing Focus and max out Improved Renew. You shouldn't be taking much damage in raiding, aside for a few specific bosses (vael comes to mind).
Haitharn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ana » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:11 pm

Renew is arguably much more situational than pushback protection. There's plenty of situations where focus may not be mandatory but it helps a great load.
Holy nova is cool but not particularly useful in raids. Outside, yeah.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by edimel » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:04 pm

Thanks for the suggestions all.

As far as improved renew, if i remember back in the day, that was truly beneficial if you had alot of +healing spells gear. That still a fairly accurate statement?
edimel
Tester

by varth » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:10 pm

Imp renew doesn't scale with + healing, and healing focus is super fucking good. You have to be insane if you think 35% pushback protection is worse than +50 overall healing to renew that generally turns into overheal.
From a raiding perspective you have rag, vael, firemaw, jindo, and bat. Lets not even address how awesome pushback protection is in 5 mans and pvp.

Don't give advice if your advice is complete shit, tired of having to correct people giving absolutely terrible advice. By terrible I mean 10/10 raiding priests that clear BWL will say you are wrong. *This is not meant for the OP, but the people advocating imp renew over healing focus.
Last edited by varth on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ana » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:22 pm

varth wrote:From a raiding perspective you have rag, vael, firemaw, jindo, and bat.

And firewalkers and hatchers and whelps and WHELPS (gl healing without focus if you get more than 2-3 on yourself) and technicians and random shadowbolts / rain of fire from warlocks and I haven't even started on ZG. Tbh with the way Nefarian spams shadowbolt volley it helps there too. Yeah, come to think of it 2/2 focus should be mandatory after all.

Btw guy is asking for advice, not giving it. Ease up a little maybe.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Garfunkel » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:13 pm

I think he is more angry with the answers people gave than at OP.

In a raid, renew is only useful on tanks as back-up of a back-up as on anyone else it'll be wasted mana as overhealing since a shaman or a paladin doing raid healing will top them off. Exceptions do exist, like Vael and in 5-mans renew can obviously be useful.

My current build is identical to yours except I have one point less in Imp Renew since I wanted Holy Nova. Unless you have another 60 character that you'll use to farm gold, you should do the same for DM E farming.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by varth » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Holy nova I'll add is clutch as hell in UD strat with the super bugged eyes staying invis. I have single handedly popped 10+ eyes that otherwise would have spawned adds. It's also very strong on vael, it allows each priest to keep 2 whole groups healed, where you holy nova your group 2-3x, then renew an entire group, then nova 2-3x and repeat. Makes vael way way easier when your priests can do 90% of the non tank healing.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by edimel » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:28 pm

Thank you all for the useful knowledge/tips. :D
edimel
Tester

by Jaedan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:52 am

Meh.. I have your same build except my 2 points are not in Renew, but rather Spell Warding. Taking less spell damage in raids is critical. As stated above, I find Renew to be completely useless. I don't base a spec off 5 man dungeons. I base it off of current content. ~_~
Jaedan
Private
Private

Next

Return to Priest