Regarding race for shadow priests in PvE

Regarding race for shadow priests in PvE

by sp00ned » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:15 pm

Hello, I'm leveling a troll priest and I'm having tons of fun, and while I was probably going to end up healing, which is why I choose troll of the horde characters, I really am starting to like shadow. But as we all know, undead is considered the best shadow priest race by far, as horde, because of Devouring Plague. So here's my question.

As we all know, there's limited need of shadow priests in raids, usually people use 1 and that's enough. But as a troll shadow priest, will I even stand a chance versus undead shadow priests applying to hardcore/non-casual guilds/raids, considering we got equal gear?
sp00ned
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Regarding race for shadow priests in PvE

by Ana » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:50 pm

Raids love to have a single shadow priest more for the insane dps boost to warlocks than the damage the priest will dish out himself. You should be fine.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by sp00ned » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Ana wrote:Raids love to have a single shadow priest more for the insane dps boost to warlocks than the damage the priest will dish out himself. You should be fine.

Thank you for the answer!

But honestly. How big is the damage difference between DP and lets say no DP? - Does anyone have any numbers of how many % DP does in a basic encounter/raid/dungeon?
sp00ned
Grunt
Grunt

by varth » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:56 pm

DP is pretty terrible in a raiding environment because it costs a crazy amount of mana and shadowpriests already go OOM super easy. You can still use it with inner focus for a 25% uptime but generally your entire job is just keeping debuffs up
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by sp00ned » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:10 pm

varth wrote:DP is pretty terrible in a raiding environment because it costs a crazy amount of mana and shadowpriests already go OOM super easy. You can still use it with inner focus for a 25% uptime but generally your entire job is just keeping debuffs up

Awesome, thanks! Nice to see it doesn't make or break my chances! :)
sp00ned
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Priest