Shadow priest PVP

Shadow priest PVP

by lycos » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:05 pm

My shadow priest has 280 shadow spell damage, 12 mp5 but only 4400 mana. At pvp I am doing good damage but I am out of mana almost asap. I need to drink all the time mana potions but still I find myself all the time oom.
With r8 gear my mana pool with be again under 5000 so I don't hope to doing better.

My mage with r8 gear and 5k mana has no problems at all with mana. Are shadow priests like this or things will be better?
lycos
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Shadow priest PVP

by Colezz » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:03 pm

Spriest is just like that. Get major mana pot + demonic runes + rank10 gear.
Colezz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ana » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:25 am

Don't put max rank SWP on everything and you'll have plenty of mana.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Krushaak » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:29 am

SP are insanely op, worrying about mana is kind of pointless in pvp since ur always going to kill your opponent. and if your talking about bg, who cares your going to die sooner or later anyway y worry about it.
Krushaak
Tester

by Impsie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:29 pm

Spriest runs out of mana fast, just the way the class was designed in Vanilla. Aside from getting a bigger mana pool through gear/consumes, all you can do is not waste mana on spells that won't have much of an impact, such as Mind Blasting a target that will get away before you can DoT him.

Ana wrote:Don't put max rank SWP on everything and you'll have plenty of mana.

That's kind of the point of an SPriest. If you can blanket the enemy team with SW:P, you should. That DoT deals a very large amount of damage (lethal past 400-500 spell damage) and will force Healers to dispel unless they want teammates to die.
Impsie
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ana » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:04 am

Except SWP costs 440ish mana and dispel costs 200. You're effectively mana burning yourself.

R1 SWP is for blanketing (with max rank thrown in occasionally to actually make them panic and start dispelling). Heck, if they don't dispel it it's even better, blackout might proc. Meanwhile you have mana to kill someone, not do 100 dps to several targets which will get healed anyway.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Colezz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:12 am

if you are "blanketing" enemy teams in sw:p i sincerely hope i never play with you since you would be breaking cc
Colezz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ana » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:32 am

There are no sheep in bgs. Ever.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by lycos » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:49 am

I start with r1 SWP to warlocks with felhunter, to shamans and to priests.

Warlocks usually dispel with their felhunter the dot almost asap and than I reply them the normal SWP.

Against shamans who targets me I usually start running away from them and put them 2-3 times in a row r1 SWP. Shamans use their Grounding Totem almost asap. When I see one of my r1 SWP fail this mean he used his totem and I hit it. Only than I use the normal SWP and other attacking spells.

Against priests I apply the normal SWP only when it can be followed by silence and fear. Otherwise I use r1 SWP on them.
lycos
Grunt
Grunt

by farrsa » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:43 pm

Your job in BGs is to dispel, shield, mana burn and CC. And if there's not enough healers in your team, serve as one
Dupabiskupa AKA cancerpriest

Click here to learn the story of Fizzey, the most furious gnome on the server!
farrsa
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Priest