Spiritual guidance + Divine spirit + Mana tap?

Spiritual guidance + Divine spirit + Mana tap?

by Aschenbach » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:05 am

Hey there,

Just rolled a priest as my first char on Nostalrius and Im currently contemplating this spec:

https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/priest?build=50013213032010003525100202005005000000000000000

Spiritual guidance gives 25 % of TOTAL SPIRIT to spell dmg and healing, the talent tree reads. Does that mean it takes into consideration (and calculation) the spirit bonus from divine spirit and mana tap?

Much obliged
Aschenbach
Tester

Re: Spiritual guidance + Divine spirit + Mana tap?

by Aschenbach » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:19 am

Really? Nobody knows?
Aschenbach
Tester

by Moanie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:13 am

Hi,
it's true that, during the duration of spirit tap your spirit is increased by 100%. Checked the character window. And it is also true what you said about SG.
So I would deduce, you are correct. I haven't tried it though.
So you can calculate that during spirit tap you get 50% of your unspirit-tapped spirit.
I wonder how often you will have spirit tap active and casting other than in PvP. It might be a decent farm spec too, but the imp mana burn might need to leave then.
However, where do you plan on using the spec?
Moanie
Tester

by Sonasol » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:26 pm

This is a very weird spec, I dont even know what u trying to do here
Sonasol
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Aschenbach » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:49 am

Thanks for the answer. Its for pvp. Trying to make a dps/support spec that isnt shadow and thought maybe spirit was key. Does mana tap only trigger on killing blows?
Aschenbach
Tester

by Ana » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:57 am

Pvp spec, no healing focus or improved inner fire
Okay.

Yes, spirit tap only procs on killing blows.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Aschenbach » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:24 am

Ana wrote:Pvp spec, no healing focus or improved inner fire
Okay.

Yes, spirit tap only procs on killing blows.

Well, the killing blow part certainly changes things, thanks for clarifying. I had my doubts about omitting healing focus, but I ended up concluding that I mainly would be casting shield and renew. Might just throw some points into healing focus after all. Is improved inner fire really that necessary?
Aschenbach
Tester

by Ana » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:02 am

It isn't, but it's nice to survive a few more hits (priests are usually focus targets for That Annoying Warrior, and for good reason).
Running without 2/2 healing focus though is insane. If you renew/shield at the wrong moment it will get dispelled instantly and you're basically mana burning yourself. You won't use huge heals a lot (enemies won't let you) but even flash heal can get delayed forever by That Annoying Rogue, or fire blasted or eaten by a hunter pet. And good luck casting anything at all once they put tongues on you.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Priest