How do i preform the best as shadow priest PvE

How do i preform the best as shadow priest PvE

by hechie » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:08 am

Hello my name is Hechie and i respec into shadow 3 weeks ago and im kinda new to the DPS Scene.

1. First of all what is the best spec to get the highest amount of DPS?

2. what is the BIS list (Not Pre-Raid BIS)

3. what is the most efficient rotation of spells?
atm im doing 4xShadow word pain rank 1 and then 1 max rank to stack debuff fast up for the warlocks.
then i do Mindblast (highest rank) 2 mindlay( highest rank) and then repeat. and ofc Restack max rank Shadow

4. wep Oil should i go MP 5 or Damage? ( our fights can some times be abit long)

My gear: http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... yer=Hechie

My Raid stats: http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Playe ... yer=Hechie
( ATM im pvp specced)
hechie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: How do i preform the best as shadow priest PvE

by Ana » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:27 pm

hechie wrote:2. what is the BIS list (Not Pre-Raid BIS)

For fuck sake can people read
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Fisher » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:12 am

To answer each question:

1. Something like this. Some people will put points in Improved Mind Blast, but casting that spell on cooldown will burn your mana very quickly.
  2. It is talked about quite frequently on these forums. Do a little bit of searching around. Generally Warlocks and Priests want close to the same gear, but instead of Spell Crit, priests want Mp5 and more Spellpower.
  3. Reapplying Shadow Word: Pain 5 times, even at rank 1, is a huge waste of mana. Apply the highest rank of Shadow Word: Pain, then start casting Mind Flay until you have 5 stacks of Shadow Weaving up. Then Mind Blast, 2 or 3 Mind Flays (depending on the talents you chose), Mind Blast, repeat. Keep Shadow Word: Pain up at all times. Use any consumables you have to keep your mana up, and pew pew pew, baby. Once you're out of mana, just start wanding. Every 12 seconds or so (to be safe, in case of a miss or a resist), cast a Mind Flay to maintain Shadow Weaving. If you can't afford the max rank, cast Rank 1. Beg for innervates.
  4. Spell damage every time.

Shadow Priest, unfortunately, isn't going to be reaching the top of the damage meters. They are way too mana starved. You're more of a support class in vanilla, there to buff the Warlocks. As long as you can maintain 5x stacks of Shadow Weaving, your spot in a raid is secure.
Fisher
Grunt
Grunt

by hechie » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:46 pm

Thx for the help guys :)

well our DPS in the guild is low and i want to push the other casters to preform better and the only way to do that is to play better my self :D

thx for the sharing i will try this next raid :)
hechie
Sergeant
Sergeant

by farrsa » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Dupabiskupa AKA cancerpriest

Click here to learn the story of Fizzey, the most furious gnome on the server!
farrsa
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by moodirun123 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:38 am

Spam
Last edited by Pottu on Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic
moodirun123
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:00 am

that guide is tailored to a server with horrible scripts that currently does not exist anymore. :)
there are some guides floating around Nost forums, but generally speaking. mind blast is a mana dump + threat generator. do not go for items with +crit % as it only affects 1 spell; mind blast.

start poking around raid stats/forums and ask some shadow priests in game for tips.
spell damage, spell pen, mp5, int are gonna be ideal stats to look at as a shadow priest.(spell pen is not in yet).
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Ana » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:36 am

Tbh the secret to good shadowpriest dps is fights being short enough that you can run 4/5 MB rotation and end the fight before you're oom.
That and having enough good warlocks to keep improved SB up :P

Slightly offtopic: that seemingly irrelevant link has some people bitching about other people abusing double pot macros (much like double trinket macros, I reckon). Is this actually a thing / does it even work?
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by mystgunner » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:56 am

Get hit gear. Get max consumes. Get world buffs. Bring many warlocks. Spam mb on cd even if you cut mf ticks. This is how u get that epeen dmg.
mystgunner
Grunt
Grunt

by farrsa » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:12 pm

Imbaslap wrote:

that guide is tailored to a server with horrible scripts that currently does not exist anymore. :)
there are some guides floating around Nost forums, but generally speaking. mind blast is a mana dump + threat generator. do not go for items with +crit % as it only affects 1 spell; mind blast.

start poking around raid stats/forums and ask some shadow priests in game for tips.
spell damage, spell pen, mp5, int are gonna be ideal stats to look at as a shadow priest.(spell pen is not in yet).

Please point out what exactly is wrong with this guide.
Dupabiskupa AKA cancerpriest

Click here to learn the story of Fizzey, the most furious gnome on the server!
farrsa
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Priest