Afraid of leveling a Priest? Check this thread!

Afraid of leveling a Priest? Check this thread!

by Koehler » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:49 am

If you are a new player excited about the overall looks of the priest class in WoW but kind of reserved to actually level one because of what people on different forums say, you might wanna read this:

You are most likely like I used to be - you wanna level a priest so you start Googling and researching on forums about how well priests do in the leveling process, how fast can you get XP and more important: how well can priests manage their mana, because who in their right mind likes to /drink after every mob they killed. The results you might find on the internet may get you down and make you aim for a different class. Why? Because 80%+ of people rank Priests in the lower tier when it comes to leveling in Vanilla. That's just a big pile of bullshit and those who claim that are most likely just rejects of this game, people full of frustration and whatever else you wanna call them.

It's common knowledge that Warlocks and Hunters are ranked as top tier of the leveling hierarchy because they have pets. However, I personally think Priests are the easiest to level up. Why? Here's a quick list:

• You are extremely mana efficient - I finish a fight with at least 90% mana left;
  • You are the best healing class in the game, that means you can sustain yourself a lot;
  • You have a shield and armour buff with 0 CD - armour is a big thing in Vanilla;
  • You can heal dungeons at your level regardless of what spec you chose to level as;
  • You can kill gankers if you got a little bit of skill (and if you choose to level Engineering - not mandatory);

How is this possible? There is no big secret, all you have to do is get Spirit Tap 5/5 in Shadow Tree as soon as you hit level 14 and Improved Wands 5/5 in Discipline Tree by level 19. After you get these two talents all you have to do is to make sure you have the best wand you can get at your level (AH is a good place to check that). You can expand into any talent tree you deem fit, however Shadow makes it easier just by a bit.

Follow this easy "rotation":

Mind Blast -> Shadow Word: Pain -> Wand -> Dead

Make sure you maintain Inner Fire and Power Word: Shield on you as much as you can. Doing so will allow you to fight 2-3 mobs at once and finish regular fights with no less than 80% HP and 90% Mana. By the time you engage the next mob, Spirit Tap will replenish your mana to 100%.

I hope this summed it up pretty good for you if you wanna get into the Priest class but got second thoughts because of people saying it's a slow leveling class!
Skhija
Undead - Priest
<Kalimdor Border Patrol>
Koehler
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Afraid of leveling a Priest? Check this thread!

by Fisher » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:12 am

Hmm... this information looks familiar.
Fisher
Grunt
Grunt

by Koehler » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:20 am

Fisher wrote:Hmm... this information looks familiar.

It may, I didn't read it. All I did was to make a quick info thread on starting a priest. It's not a guide of any sort but more of a motivation thread for priest aspirants. Thanks for the input though!
Skhija
Undead - Priest
<Kalimdor Border Patrol>
Koehler
Grunt
Grunt

by Fisher » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:32 am

Not suggesting you stole it or anything, but I covered everything in this thread on my guide. Just wanting all would-be priests to be looking in the same place instead of having to browse multiple threads.
Fisher
Grunt
Grunt

by moodirun123 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:38 am

--Snip--
Last edited by Leythia on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
moodirun123
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fisher » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:41 am

--Snip--
Fisher
Grunt
Grunt

by moodirun123 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:02 am

--Snip--
moodirun123
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Koehler » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:38 am

It seems like you never actually played a priest or at least not properly and you're just sheeping after what other people say. It's alright, everyone needs to stand out in one way or another.
Skhija
Undead - Priest
<Kalimdor Border Patrol>
Koehler
Grunt
Grunt

by moodirun123 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:50 am

--Snip--
Last edited by Leythia on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
moodirun123
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fisher » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:14 am

--Snip--
Last edited by Leythia on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fisher
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Priest