Holy nova + spiritual guidance

Holy nova + spiritual guidance

by diango » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:44 pm

Would this combo be an effective way to aoe grind? I saw a few videos of a priest leveling this way and seemed to be very effective. (Spiritual guidance gives spell power equal to 25% of total spirit)
diango
Private
Private

Re: Holy nova + spiritual guidance

by diango » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:43 pm

37 views and not a single reply? Throw me a bone XD
diango
Private
Private

by varth » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:51 pm

No it's not effective, the only priest aoe farm that is feasible is killing lashers in dme, which you need lvl 60 for max lvl nova + 6k mana. That's only doable because the lashers are lvl 53 and you have an absurd mana pool
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by res » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:39 pm

Holy nova is great for levelling quickly (It's probably the single best spell for levelling quickly), but not because of its damage.

The reason why it's good is because it is an AoE spell that generates ZERO THREAT.

Get a buddy who can AoE (pref a paladin) to pull a bunch of mobs in an instance without tagging them, kick your friend out of the group and use holy nova on the mobs... They will be tagged by you but will still have aggro on your friend - no matter how many holy novas you cast, this is when your friend starts ploughing the mobs down with AoE, giving you all the exp.
res
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Armilus » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:32 pm

res wrote:Holy nova is great for levelling quickly (It's probably the single best spell for levelling quickly), but not because of its damage.

The reason why it's good is because it is an AoE spell that generates ZERO THREAT.

Get a buddy who can AoE (pref a paladin) to pull a bunch of mobs in an instance without tagging them, kick your friend out of the group and use holy nova on the mobs... They will be tagged by you but will still have aggro on your friend - no matter how many holy novas you cast, this is when your friend starts ploughing the mobs down with AoE, giving you all the exp.

I feel like this might be an exploit. I'm pretty sure it didn't work this way in retail and it would make sense if all XP is divided just like honor. AKA, if a level 60 does 95% of the damage, you only get 5% of the XP.

Mostly it reeks of "too good to be true". I wouldn't do the kicking out of group thing.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by res » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:02 am

I'm pretty sure mob tagging worked until at least wotlk, since it was how world first 70 and 80 was achieved, but you can never be too safe I guess. The only reason they have to leave group is because you have to be in the same instance, its just the same as if they weren't in your group at all - like normal mobtagging.
res
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by farrsa » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:29 pm

res wrote:I'm pretty sure mob tagging worked until at least wotlk, since it was how world first 70 and 80 was achieved, but you can never be too safe I guess. The only reason they have to leave group is because you have to be in the same instance, its just the same as if they weren't in your group at all - like normal mobtagging.

Yeah but the point was, the person farming would have to do all the damage while the other one keeps aggro, otherwise the proportional percentage of xp is lost. So the lvl 60 would just serve as a pure tank while the low lvl has to kill the mobs on their own.
Dupabiskupa AKA cancerpriest

Click here to learn the story of Fizzey, the most furious gnome on the server!
farrsa
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Priest