Priest NR / heal set for AQ40

Priest NR / heal set for AQ40

by Garfunkel » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:13 pm

Figured I should put up a list of what is currently available for healing priests so they can get a NR set ready for AQ40. While you can coast through most of the encounters in your regular set, only drinking a Nature Protection potion every now and then, for Viscidus and Huhuran you will want a bunch of NR.

The number to aim for is 150 as a ranged caster.

HEAD: Dragonskin Cowl drops from Gyth in UBRS. Obviously you need the NR version to drop and while in other cases I've pointed out better versions to avoid futility of farming, there aren't any good choice unless you're an engineer and Rend farm groups are pretty common. That's +14 or +15 NR.

NECK: A quest reward from Silithus, which you should already have or be in the process of getting, gives +8 NR. It is also the only amulet with NR that is in the game currently so sucks to be you if you vendored it.

CLOAK: The T2 shoulders will lose their NR in 1.9 so don't bank on that number. You might have Cloak of the Shrouded Mist from Ragnaros for +6 NR or the Green Dragonskin Cloak from Emerald Dragons for +20 but the most reliable cloak you can farm for right now is the Grovekeeper's Drape from Mara. +10 NR and has some stamina. There is also a possibility of a NR version of a cloak dropping from Archivist Galford in Strat and Prince Torthedrin from Dire Maul but as both have only +15 NR and no stamina, I would recommend getting the Drape from Mara instead. And it's much faster to farm too.

CHEST: If you have your T2 chest, keep it. Come 1.9 patch, it will have +10 NR. If you don't have the T2 robe but you were lucky in Sunken Temple like me, you can blow the dust off your Embrace of the Wind Serpent and wear it for +12 NR. If you don't have either, then you better farm UBRS and hope that Solakar drops Polychromatic Visionwrap for +20 NR.

Obviously you would prefer to wear the T2 robe for its great stats and only wear the UBRS robe if nothing else works and you need those extra NR because it has no other stats.

BRACER: nothing good really.

GLOVES: The troll minibosses in Sunken Temple drop cloth gloves. These are great since they have either +19 or +20 NR. Drop rate is awful of course.

BELT: Chloromesh Girdle from Maraudon gives you +20 NR.

LEGS: There is only one option and no excuse not to get them: Cenarion Reservist's Pants. Completing the Armaments of War in Silithus will award them to you and +25 NR.

BOOTS: Farm Maraudon to get Vinerot Sandals. That's +12 NR.

WEAPON: Glowing Brightwood Staff can occasionally be found in the AH and gives +15 NR. The emerald dragons drop a NR staff too but if you can reliably get loot from them, you don't need a NR guide in the first place.

WAND: Shade of Eranikus drops a NR wand that gives +10 NR but a better choice might be Noxious Shooter from Mara as it gives +5 NR and has stamina too.

RINGS: The best rings have +20 NR and drop from Archaedas in Uldaman and the four drakes in Sunken Temple. But it's a 1/57 chance of one dropping. If you have completed the UBRS key quest, the Seal of Ascension gives +10 NR and if you're raiding at least MC, the Seal of the Archamagus gives +6 NR. I would recommend keeping the Seal of Archmagus as your first ring since it has good stats otherwise and then farming Uldaman for the +19 or +20 NR ring. Of course, you might be lucky and get Nightmare Engulfed Object from the Emerald Dragons...

TRINKET: Easy choice. Heart of Noxxion drops in Maraudon and you want two of them. Not only does that net you +20 NR but it will also allow you to cure yourself of 2 poison effects. Remember that the poison bolt volley that Viscidus casts also leaves a poison dot.

As for enchants, the Savage Guard enchants will not be in the game until 1.11 which is when all the really good craftable NR gear also comes in. So you should get the +5 all resistances enchant on your cloak and put the ZG priest enchant on your Gyth helm and Cenarion pants.

Remember that it is not any good to have 150+ NR as a priest if you have to devastate your stamina, intelligence, mp5 and +heal. You must find a good balance. Remember to get your Nature Protection Potions!

And for quick browsing while farming, the list of items you should get from Maraudon:
Heart of Noxxion x2
Noxious Shooter
Vinerot Sandals
Chloromesh Girdle
Grovekeeper's Drape

They form a decent base (+67 NR) to build upon and can be gained easily enough if you bring a friend or three to farm the Purple side.
Last edited by Garfunkel on Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Priest NR / heal set for AQ40

by varth » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:52 pm

According to a couple of sites, the +15nr cloak enchant will be available upon aq launch. My personal nr setup will be grovekeepers, t2 chest, chloromesh girdle (20nr belt from Mara), reservist legs, vinerot, 2x 18nr rings, 2x noxxion, and Mara wand which totals to 153 exactly. If I get rejuv I'll swap a trinket for ud strat boots to remain above 150.

Don't forget to get chillnail splinter wand from duskwallow elite quests for visc too.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ana » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:12 pm

You don't really want to gimp your healing on Huhuran now do you?
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Garfunkel » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:51 pm

Thanks, dunno how I missed the belt. Added it, check list for Mara farm and fixed few typos. I currently have 166 NR from gear and +10 from being a nelf for a total of 176 so I'll drop one trinket and keep Rejuvenation Gem instead and still stay at 166 and at that point I could replace the Glowing Brightwood Staff with Benediction and still be at 151 NR. But yes Ana is correct and as I stated in the end of my post, every priest has to find a proper balance between stats, +heal and NR.
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Trinat » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:05 am

Sry but what? You don't need one single Point NR as Healer in AQ, for what?
Kri and Visc dmg is low and will be insta cleansed by totems for Horde and dispelled like shit on Alliance,
Huhu has the Melee Soakers u dont take one single point of dmg, Ouro NR dmg is frontal (when u get hit by this quit your guild) and from the quakes (if u get hit by this quit the game)
C'thun eye beam hits only 1 person ( else kick ppl that are too stupid to position ) and the dmg inside C'Thun is low enough to heal easily.
And even if you take NR dmg, u shoud always use (like u already stated in your post) a NR Prot Pot that shoud protect u from 1 or 2 fails if they shoud happen.

So please explain, for what do you need NR Gear? Sounds harsh but Heal stats are so much more Value that every gear that has NR on it is a waste of stats for Heal
Trinat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Krigareen » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:48 am

Why are you getting NR Gear?

Unless you are a back-up Soaker you don't even need 1 NR on your items.
Krigareen
Grunt
Grunt

by Imbaslap » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:16 am

casters&healers only need NR for 1 boss.. and that is viscidus.

huhuran is melee soaker only. if anything, just get NR for viscidus attempts/progression then if you can kill it without NR, swap out.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Garfunkel » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:48 pm

Trinat wrote:Sry but what? You don't need one single Point NR as Healer in AQ, for what?
Kri and Visc dmg is low

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18336&start=110#p258018

Garfunkel wrote:Now even if you take no damage at all from the dot (unlikely), and even if you shell out for a Greater NR potions, your first will at best protect you from the first three volleys. You will then get hit for 11,817 damage until the cooldown is off and you can chug another one. Even if you chug one before the fight and wait for the cd to wear off and then instantly chug a second one as the first one is lost, you would have to take 7,878 nature damage before the cd wears off again. And this isn't just the tank being spam healed, this is each and every raid member since the range is 100 yards.

So sure, if your raid is capable of healing 315,120 raid-wide damage in addition to what the tank is getting in the first two minutes and from then on is capable of healing 472,680 raid-wide damage for the second two minutes AND you trust that nobody will get damaged by the poison dot AND everybody will chug Greater NR potions at exactly right times AND gets the best possible result out of them, then sure, you don't need any NR gear.

OR - I guess you could be confident that your raid will kill Visc in less than two minutes before healers get overwhelmed. I would rather collect an NR set now, when you have ample time for it, and then not worry about wiping on Viscidus or skipping him, than bang my head against a wall.

Now Horde can rely on totems and the bugged shaman chain heal to carry them easier than Alliance, where priests have to carry most of the healing because druids and paladins will be busy cleansing, so maybe your viewpoint and prioritization is different.
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ana » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:42 pm

You realise Viscidus doesn't shoot poison volleys when frozen or when broken into blobs, right?

Also, melee usually stay out during freezing phase. So no you aren't healing the whole raid.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Botmaster5 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:56 pm

casters and healers done need NR for any fight in AQ

the only resistances casters will need is 2 warlock (possibly a 3rd as a backup) stacking shadow resist for twin emps (230 unbuffed)
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Priest