Shadow priest and AQ

Shadow priest and AQ

by hechie » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:56 pm

Hello guys i have been looking at the new items from AQ and i personally have a hard time figuring out what i should get from AQ 20/40

with items like

Gavel of Infinite Wisdom
Binds when picked up
Main Hand Mace
70 - 154 Damage Speed 2.70
(41.5 damage per second)
+11 Intellect
+10 Stamina
Durability 105 / 105
Classes: Priest
Requires Level 60
Equip: Restores 4 mana per 5 sec.
Equip: Increases healing done by spells and effects by up to 90.
(3) Set: Increases the damage of your Shadow Word: Pain spell by 5%.

i mean that set can that really be worth getting for 5% more damage since the scaling on SW:P is not that great....

items like
Tiara of the Oracle
Binds when picked up
Head Cloth
150 Armor
+22 Intellect
+16 Spirit
+22 Stamina
Durability 60 / 60
Classes: Priest
Requires Level 60
Equip: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 28.
Equip: Restores 7 mana per 5 sec.
Equip: Improves your chance to hit with spells by 1%.

looks really good to me :lol:

and what about the Garments of the Oracle set can i get your thought of what would be the new BEST IN SLOT ITEMS when AQ opens its doors :) sry for being a noob ;)
hechie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Shadow priest and AQ

by Seraphimhalo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:54 pm

As a shadow priest, in a raiding environment your main goal is to get your 5 stacks of shadow vulnerability for the warlocks damage to increase.

You will want to make sure you have your hit cap so you aren't being resisted and start the fight spamming rank 1 SWP until you get your 5 stacks of SV up, normally you will be in either the lock group or the tank group for your vampiric embrace allowing healers to conserve a bit of mana as well.

You want to stack as much mp5 as possible as going oom is failing at your job. You as a raiding sgadow priest will want to bring 25 major mana pots and 25 dark runes at a minimum depending on your mp5 regeneration.

This is just the minimal for what you should know, there are detailed guides out there.
Seraphim

An army of sheep led by a Lion can defeat an army of lions led by a Sheep
Seraphimhalo
Private
Private

by Satanasa » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:47 pm

@Seraphimhalo:
I think he already knows that. He's just wondering what are the BiS items for Shadow Priest from AQ that would replace the current BiS lists.
Satanasa
Private
Private

by hechie » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:36 pm

spot on Satanasa the thing is that i will try to keep my dps up since im pretty worried that Shadow priest will become useless at AQ/Nax
hechie
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ana » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:16 pm

Not useless, it's just that shadow weaving will become 50% of your contribution rather than 20% :)

Also, sacrificing 150 spellpower for +5% SWP damage seems quite dumb. SWP isn't your main source of damage, MF is.
T2.5 is good (at least some pieces).
I very much hope Nost manages to code Wrath of Cenarius properly, that ring is insanely powerful.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Alyndra » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:00 pm

it heavily depends on what items you already got.

the t2.5 healm is definitely great. the shoulders are good if the mob has shadow resistance (like bosses) otherwise blackwing cabal remain bis.

as neck stick with choker, nothing better until naxx and even then only if you need spell pen.

there is a good 2 hit 35 dmg robe from trash (royal ascent), robe of the battleguard (spell pen), otherwise im gonna stick with R13 or bloodvine.

cape: cthun drops bis cape until tbc

bracers: rockfury bracers (cenarion quest) or burrowers (ouro)

gloves from ebonroc are bis unless you need hit, then cthun drops better (dark storm)

belt: firemaw's clutch is pretty much bis. eyestalk belt is slightly better but it would be wasted on a priest with its 1% crit. you should pass on that.

leggings, unless you're on the two big guilds youre not gonna get big leggings, you can keep your bloodvine if you need hit or make flarecore if you don't. otherwise no upgrade here. T2.5 leggings are somewhat equal to R12. so you may grab those.

boots of epiphany are a slight upgrade over betrayer's boots

cthun eye turn in gives you a bis ring

that's it off the top of my head
Alyndra
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Delusional » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:25 pm

The leggings of the black blizzard from AQ 20 probably tops flarecore on most encounters, 41sp / 1% crit, or the t2,5 leggings with 33sp 6mp5, this is as mentioned earlier if you don't lack hit.

Rings are in plenty, brood of nozdra ring is sick at exalted with 28sp 5mp5, band of dark dominiom 33sp, ring of blackrock 19sp 9mp5.

Thing with SP gearing is that it is so much fight dependant with the mana problems, if you got acces to haitharns sheet we've worked on a "true BiS" set up to AQ40 gear included + world bosses, this could be a good guideline when gearing, also a gearset with maxed mp5 with the least SP lost for the rly long manaheavy fights were consumables isnt enough to carry your manapool.
Delusional
Private
Private

by hechie » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:58 am

thx for the respons guys much apriciated!
Gear: http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... yer=Hechie + Band of forced concentration ( mistake that i got it but it seems nice with hit tho.)
will shadow priest ever become "not" viable compared to taking a Extra Warrior into the raid?
hechie
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Delusional » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:33 pm

Yhea it's a really sweet ring to have aswell, hard to obtain for shadow priests usually since it often gets prioritized to warlocks.

As long as you keep bringing consumes your raid spot will allways be guaranteed if your guild dosn't raid without warlocks rofl :D
Delusional
Private
Private

by Ana » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:23 pm

ffs everybody and their cat have the choker.
I demand the choker.

You could get yourself some dps trinkets tho :)

And yeah shadow priest's overall raid contribution only grows more valuable as warlocks start doing actual damage. Also, Loatheb. ;)
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Priest