Shadow priest and AQ

Re: Shadow priest and AQ

by Ana » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:44 pm

Don't build up rank1 SWP, waste of dps. You'll be at 3 stacks before warlocks' shadowbolts reach the boss, and they don't care anyway :)
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Haitharn » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:38 am

Ana wrote:Don't build up rank1 SWP, waste of dps. You'll be at 3 stacks before warlocks' shadowbolts reach the boss, and they don't care anyway :)

Ya idk where people got this idea that wasting 4 gcd's for 12/15% increase is worth it. Just start out with mb, swp, a mindflay, throw in a vamp embrace if you guild uses you for it, then start the cycle.
Haitharn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Haitharn » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:40 am

Synesthesia wrote:
Ana wrote:
Delusional wrote:You can do decent dps but ofc you will never be top dog dps

Pffff.

the link just told us all the rest of the dps in your guild are bad.

mc raider http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Playe ... ynesthesia
Haitharn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ölbröd » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:33 am

Haitharn wrote:
Ana wrote:Don't build up rank1 SWP, waste of dps. You'll be at 3 stacks before warlocks' shadowbolts reach the boss, and they don't care anyway :)

Ya idk where people got this idea that wasting 4 gcd's for 12/15% increase is worth it. Just start out with mb, swp, a mindflay, throw in a vamp embrace if you guild uses you for it, then start the cycle.

the idea is snapshotting the strongest possible SW:P, get max weaving up then pop trinket and apply sw:p. unless it doesn't work like that. then it is really dumb.

anyway i don't think it's about the warlocks.
Ölbröd
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Haitharn » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:18 am

Ölbröd wrote:
Haitharn wrote:

the idea is snapshotting the strongest possible SW:P, get max weaving up then pop trinket and apply sw:p. unless it doesn't work like that. then it is really dumb.

anyway i don't think it's about the warlocks.

Shadow priest is about raid utility and boosting warlock damage. If spriest didn't have shadow weaving or vamp embrace, you could just replace them with a warlock and have better dps
Haitharn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by hechie » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:17 am

To get back on topic.

why should a hardcore raid now just have a disc priest that is spec'ed into Shadow for the debuff ? or a normal heal that has the Debuff as well ? in that way you dont need to fill a spot with a low dps class?
hechie
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Haitharn » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:36 am

hechie wrote:To get back on topic.

why should a hardcore raid now just have a disc priest that is spec'ed into Shadow for the debuff ? or a normal heal that has the Debuff as well ? in that way you dont need to fill a spot with a low dps class?

This actually used to be my job. I was 31/0/20 . Power infusion and shadow weaving. My entire job was to rank 1 swp any mob up to 5 stacks of shadow weaving, PI warlocks, and PoH whenever they all lifetap. Led to 0 downtime for warlocks inbetween boss pulls, and more dps on bosses thanks to shadow weaving (this was w/ 8 debuff slots, a lot of guilds didn't take a shadow priest).

I believe a good shadow priest is warranted atleast 1 spot in a raid. I usually ranked at the bottom of the meters compared to the rest of the raid (as I should), but I don't pop half as many consumes as I could. Runes, mana pots, blasted lands buff, random world buffs like that. A shadow priest has to work harder than all other DPS classes to actually beat them in numbers, aside from the other bad offspecs (I consider Shadow the best of the off specs, like feral/boomkin druid, ret pally, etc etc).
Haitharn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by hechie » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:36 pm

what i was think is that if a Shadow priest wants to do damage inside AQ 40 in long fights then you have to spend like 500g pr raid just to stay buffed and at mana at all time
hechie
Sergeant
Sergeant

by iflow » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:16 pm

Wrong.
Pugface - 60 Mage - Les tontons flingueurs
Toolate - 19 Rogue - Immortal Aura
iflow
Private
Private

by hechie » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:56 pm

iflow what is worng ?
Flask = 100g
Dark Runes = 5g pr.
major mana pots = 3g+
Foodbuff = 1g pr try
Shadow pots = 1g each
Spell power pots = 1g each
1 Sp oil = 20G
lets say that i have to fully 20 times druing progress
500G and this is not added the repair bill. that is going to be 20g more.
hechie
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Priest