8/8 t2 doesn't benefit from imp renew talent

8/8 t2 doesn't benefit from imp renew talent

by varth » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:32 am

So after some testing I've figured out imp renew doesn't effect the 8/8 renew heal at all. +healing from gear and talents does. With this in mind IMO its better to get 5/5 crit and 1/3 imp renew since you are trading ~24 health per tick on regular renew versus 2% crit that can proc inspire, but id like another opinion.

Any other priests want to give some input, I'm the guilds 8/8 t2 priest moving forward so i want to get my spec as efficient as possible

The crit heavy spec http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxRhsV0oZdxtcc0Vx

The imp renew spec http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxRhsV0oZfhtcc0Vx

Thanks for your time
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: 8/8 t2 doesn't benefit from imp renew talent

by Youfie » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:56 am

Hey,

A bit off-topic, but something I've always wondered about the 8/8 Priest T2 : the bonus tooltip sates that "You Greater Heal" blablabla "equivalent to a Rank 5 Renew". It gives a specific rank for the Renew, not for the GH. Does it mean you can have a HoT component equivalent to a Rank 5 Renew using a Rank 1 GH?

How was it working on retail and how is it working here?
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Askental » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:22 am

Youfie wrote:Does it mean you can have a HoT component equivalent to a Rank 5 Renew using a Rank 1 GH?

Yes. This is why it's great. :D

OP, you make that sound like you never use your regular renew. 2% crit is nice, but this is often overheal, especially on a greater which is already somewhat difficult to not overheal with. I assume you use it a lot since you say you're the one with 8/8. You probably have a couple priests who think they are paladins, and happily cast flash heal constantly regardless of the situation, right? These guys should have the crit imho.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by varth » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:14 am

I use renew a fair amount on tanks, but the main reason I favor the 2% crit in my mind is inspiration procs from crits. That extra mitigation makes a fairly big difference, which at least in my mind would be better than renew ticking for +24 more.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Priest