Correct Healing spec.. with PI and without %Spirit=Healing

Correct Healing spec.. with PI and without %Spirit=Healing

by Synesthesia » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:45 am

So after getting yelled at in a dank premade for not having power infusion like a bad kid I decided to look at talents again with consideration for AQ40 and even content that's already out and FOR SURE 100% PI is something that outweighs your 50 +healing or whatever you get, I don't know the actual number, but I assume its between 50 and 75 +healing, which, when you have your best in slot gear with 800 +healing or whatever, it really isn't a big deal losing that especially when one of your big dong casters gets a huge damage boost in exchange.

So, with aq40 in mind, I made a few specs, not sure which one is the most worth it, I assume the difference is very small in the grand scheme of things, but discussion is encouraged.

31/20 with 2/2 Imp Mana Burn and 2/2 Martyrdom and 1/5 Force of Will no Holy Nova
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMGsVikofLxcc

31/20 with 2/2 Imp Mana Burn and 1/2 Martyrdom and 2/5 Force of Will no Holy Nova
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMusViRofLxcc

31/20 with 2/2 Imp Mana Burn and 2/2 Martyrdom and 1/5 Force of Will with Holy Nova
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxRGsVioofhtcc

31/20 with 2/2 Imp Mana Burn and 1/2 Martyrdom and 2/5 Force of Will with Holy Nova
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxMusViRofhtcc

The difference is either you take 1/2 Martyrdom and 2/5 Force of Will or 2/2 Martyrdom and 1/5 Force of Will in the Disc tree and either 4/5 Holy Spec no Holy Nova or 3/5 Holy Spec with Holy Nova, pretty freakin similar and kind of a no brainer I think?

A lot of priest talents are up to personal preference and what the individual values. Personally I think going 2/2 Martyrdom and 2/2 Imp Mana Burn is better than 2/5 Force of Will. I can also see the viability of going 3/5 Force of Will instead of Martyrdom and switching to damage gear for mana burning with a PI on yourself, but personally I think even in that situation, if you're having everyone that can mana burn actually doing it it's more worth it to PI someone else since with basic coordination it's not hard on this server to mana burn and not wipe the raid.

I mean I wrote all this up and thought about these for like 20 minutes tops so I might be missing something big so just feel free to yell at me if you see something really stupid, but I think these options are solid, and no, putting more points into threat reduction is not worth it.
Synesthesia - 60 Dwarf Priest
Synesthesia
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Correct Healing spec.. with PI and without %Spirit=Heali

by varth » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:15 am

You lose ~75 healing and 10% healing. If it was just the 75 I'd agree with you, but those 2 combined is a big loss. Once you are farming content PI is great for faster clear times, but for progression holy heavy just looks so much better.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Synesthesia » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:16 am

varth wrote:You lose ~75 healing and 10% healing. If it was just the 75 I'd agree with you, but those 2 combined is a big loss. Once you are farming content PI is great for faster clear times, but for progression holy heavy just looks so much better.

That 10% doesn't scale with your +healing on your gear, just on the base. If you're 800+healing that doesn't give you 880 +healing.

If that was the case I would agree 100% that it's not worth it, but even on progression, at least in our guild, we're pushing to down bosses as fast as we can and in AQ40 the faster you can do every boss the better for you because if you have those fights go on for too long all of your +healing won't matter when people start going oom(even though they shouldn't because dark runes and mana pots and downranking and canceling blah blah not everyone is good).
Synesthesia
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Garfunkel » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:41 pm

I would go with this:

https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/pries ... 0000000000

I hardly ever wand in raids anyway, so 15% chance to resist Fear and Silence (and Stun) are better IMHO.

I've never had Martyrdom but Silent Resolve is completely useless since our tanks know their job well enough. It's basically padding there.

Meditation, Inner Focus, Imp PWS and Imp Fort are obvious choices.

I didn't pick Imp Mana Burn since I don't really use it for anything - we have Shadowpriests to Mana Burn if necessary and Mental Agility means that PWS and Renew are cheaper. Imp IF is more padding.

DS is obvious, Mental Strength since I had to, to get PI. I guess 10% more mana isn't bad. Is that calculated after gear or just from the base?

As for Holy, I really like Holy Nova so I prefer to keep it. Imp Healing and Divine Fury are obvious choices as are Healing Focus and Inspiration. I went with Holy Spec over Imp Renew to increase the chance for Inspiration to proc. Finally, last two points on Holy Reach since getting my PoH & HN to actually hit everyone in my group is important.

Comments? I haven't switched yet, as I need to calculate how much +heal I'm losing from dropping SG & SH.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by varth » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:15 pm

I need to figure out the exact math on the +10%, but even assuming it just adds to the base healing.

rank 4 heal it adds 71-80 healing
rank 1 gheal adds 89-100 healing
rank 4 gheal adds 179-200
rank 5 gheal adds 195-219
rank 10 renew adds 97
rank7 flash adds 81-95

This is of course assuming you get the full 10% added to the base and not whatever the +healing coefficient is for the various spells. I'm actually not opposed to going PI, but I'd really like more details on what I'm potentially losing.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Synesthesia » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:30 pm

varth wrote:I need to figure out the exact math on the +10%, but even assuming it just adds to the base healing.

rank 4 heal it adds 71-80 healing
rank 1 gheal adds 89-100 healing
rank 4 gheal adds 179-200
rank 5 gheal adds 195-219
rank 10 renew adds 97
rank7 flash adds 81-95

This is of course assuming you get the full 10% added to the base and not whatever the +healing coefficient is for the various spells. I'm actually not opposed to going PI, but I'd really like more details on what I'm potentially losing.

I don't know how everything adds up in terms of HPS vs DPS, but when you get to your 800 +healing or whatever, what you lose isn't as significant. I mean the math is close, but if you take like 6 priests and give PI to your casters, assuming your casters are good and geared enough to even deserve PI, I think the faster kill time makes up for it. Faster fight = less healing and in raids I see many healers overhealing on boss fights for a gazillion with no deaths so it's not like guilds are low on straight up raw healing.
Synesthesia
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Synesthesia » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:37 pm

Garfunkel wrote:I would go with this:

https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/pries ... 0000000000

I hardly ever wand in raids anyway, so 15% chance to resist Fear and Silence (and Stun) are better IMHO.

I've never had Martyrdom but Silent Resolve is completely useless since our tanks know their job well enough. It's basically padding there.

Meditation, Inner Focus, Imp PWS and Imp Fort are obvious choices.

I didn't pick Imp Mana Burn since I don't really use it for anything - we have Shadowpriests to Mana Burn if necessary and Mental Agility means that PWS and Renew are cheaper. Imp IF is more padding.

DS is obvious, Mental Strength since I had to, to get PI. I guess 10% more mana isn't bad. Is that calculated after gear or just from the base?

As for Holy, I really like Holy Nova so I prefer to keep it. Imp Healing and Divine Fury are obvious choices as are Healing Focus and Inspiration. I went with Holy Spec over Imp Renew to increase the chance for Inspiration to proc. Finally, last two points on Holy Reach since getting my PoH & HN to actually hit everyone in my group is important.

Comments? I haven't switched yet, as I need to calculate how much +heal I'm losing from dropping SG & SH.

The issue with your disc tree is that imp inner fire is basically worthless. 30% of 1400 is 420(ayylmao blaze it) and 420 armor on a priest really isn't going to protect you from anything In raids if you have something smacking you for more than 3 seconds you're going to die unless healers react quick enough or you get a bop. You can make the same argument that you'd die faster if you had Martyrdom instead of that, but you lost imp mana burn. I know for sure imp mana burn is more valuable than imp inner fire simply because of the mana burn encounters in aq20 and aq40 even though there are only a few of them.

The issue with your holy tree is that I just think the renew bonus is bigger than the range on your holy nova and prayer of healing. Your renew is going to get overwritten by any other priest and the tanks should only have renew from the priest with the most +healing in the raid, but even 2/3 imp renew on warlocks or melee(not really ever) is more worth it than 2 more yards on your holy nova and 6 more yards on your prayer of healing. I've never ever used holy nova in raid and I only have it so I can farm dm east during the week and in situations where I've ever used prayer of healing the group is within 20 yards(vael for example).
Synesthesia
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Synesthesia » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:56 pm

Also forgot to add that this build also works for pvp.
Synesthesia
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Undertanker » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:52 pm

The biggest thing that I feel people overlook (because you can't put it in a spread sheet) is the click to use abilities to counter certain boss mechanics.

MC bosses are too short to matter and click to use can but up for the majority of a kill.

BWL other than a couple threat caps and proper use of OTs eating buffets, it's a tank and spank.

AQ+ however do have some fights where there is either large burst of healing needed in intervals OR a mechanic requires something to be burst down ASAP by DPS to make the fight easier.

This is where PI and Hero Charm can greatly out perform if used at the correct times and on the proper fight. I always liked a PI priest. However running such a spec, it should be pre-arranged that which ever priest has the most +healing (including deep holy) will be keeping renew on tank, to have the best HoT on him. Same for Druid (most raw +heal and imp reju) should be asked with HoT on tank so you get best heals.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ayag » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:24 am

I would go with http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxghsVVoorxxcc

If you want Holy Nova drop a point in Renew I guess.

You can argue that Silent Resolve is not usefull but I think the other talents (imp mana burn, imp inner fire, martyrdom & imp wand) are worse than it. I don't think Silent Resolve is useless at all but not everyone share this point of view, I think it secures that you won't pull aggro on aoe packs since you are doing less threat than other healers (a bit selfish pov, but I guess mobs going for shamans/paladins are better).
Ayag
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Priest