Correct Healing spec.. with PI and without %Spirit=Healing

Re: Correct Healing spec.. with PI and without %Spirit=Heali

by xiaopingling » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:19 pm

So if I understand correctly, fade applies negative threat potentially below zero, so if someone bodypulls (applies no further threat), and I fade -> renew them, then for the duration of the fade I would not pull healing aggro?
xiaopingling
Grunt
Grunt

by Imbaslap » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:59 am

xiaopingling wrote:So if I understand correctly, fade applies negative threat potentially below zero, so if someone bodypulls (applies no further threat), and I fade -> renew them, then for the duration of the fade I would not pull healing aggro?

you have to be on the mob's threat table to have fade apply negative threat. if you fade before, it doesn't do anything.

hence why pre-hotting the tank during a pull then fading once you see your presence on KTM ensures you get -820 threat at start. you can also watch KTM in 5 mans and test it for yourself. renew the tank. once he pulls without blood rage by body pulling, you will get threat, then fade.. you're now -820 static threat from whatever threat amount you had from the renew tick. giving you a free heal essentially during the fade effect.

it's tricky on Nost with heal threat and other bugs like threat from eating/drinking and what not. the only sure way is what I mentioned above.. doing it before getting into combat or no one else on the mobs threat table results in no change.

on the technician pulls in BWL, I hot the tanks before the pull.. I see myself on KTM due to the hot ticking.. I fade. get into position and start my healing rotation without any threat concern. this buys time for me to heal a tank who blood raged early and takes 6 hits from all the mobs at the start. or dumb melee who stand in rain of fire... you get the idea. ;)

fade while moving to safe spot = golden opportunity to use it. getting out of rain of fire - fade on the move at start of techie pulls.

same case for 5 mans with crap tanks.. use fade early so you can get some healing time at the start. you buy him about 10s of threat gain without pulling excessively.. ofcourse this is subject to vary based on the tank's aoe threat capability.

another example is you and the tank are near the mob to pull. you body pull it, it runs towards you.. but the warrior is in range as well. if you fade, it will drop you negative threat. the mob will run to someone else within agro range (the warrior) and attack him.. this is another example on saving yourself when you buttpull shit as a priest and blame it on others. :twisted:

bodypulling or being within agro range is equal to 0 threat technically.. but even if it is 0 threat, you're on the mob's threat table.. you see what I'm saying?

as long as you're on the threat table, fade will apply -820 threat. Ktm wont show body pull threat because 0 is a null value for KTM to track. it only tracks positive threat gain.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by xiaopingling » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:12 am

Imbaslap wrote:you have to be on the mob's threat table to have fade apply negative threat. if you fade before, it doesn't do anything.

hence why pre-hotting the tank during a pull then fading once you see your presence on KTM ensures you get -820 threat at start. you can also watch KTM in 5 mans and test it for yourself. renew the tank. once he pulls without blood rage by body pulling, you will get threat, then fade.. you're now -820 static threat from whatever threat amount you had from the renew tick. giving you a free heal essentially during the fade effect.

I see, so would you be able to do this with PW:S to enter combat, or do you need to generate at least a minimum of aggro to be considered on their threat tables?

Either way, good to know mechanics like this, I always saw pre-hotting as somewhat risky before now
xiaopingling
Grunt
Grunt

by Imbaslap » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:19 am

I would assume any action done after combat is engaged. (you see the crossed swords appear on your character) would put you on the threat table.

this is a big concern with world dragons and failure to leash/reset.. anyone, even blessing of wisdom on the person. will put that player on the mob's threat table. even if it is 0, you're stuck on it forever until you die or disappear off of the threat table (feign death/vanish).

so yes.. if a warrior pulls a mob.. and you're in combat as well as the warrior who pulled. if you did any action like PWS or renew. you're on that mob's threat table. it will be 0 since shielding gives 0 threat, but you're on it.

think of it as a link in the chain.. if a warrior butt pulls something and he gets into combat. if I do ANYTHING to that warrior even shielding him. I am aggroed to that mob now and in combat (0 threat on the mob's threat table that the warrior was on).

so whatever mob the player is aggroed on, if you touch that person with any ability, it will throw you into combat and on the mob's threat table too.

world bosses is the biggest example of failure to understand mob threat tables and such. (china running lethon around hinterlands 1500 yrds and such because people keep getting added to the threat table by proximity threat to the mob or touching a player in combat with the mob).

there is a bug on Nost with blessing of wisdom mana ticks forcing the paladin who casted it onto the player's threat table.

if pally #1 blessing of wisdoms me and is in cenarion hold selling stuff. I go to the twilight camp and agro a giant worm on the way.. if blessing of wisdom mp5 tick happened.. that big worm will run 100x speed towards that pally #1 sitting in cenarion hold.

so pallies.. BE VERY CAREFUL OF BLESSING OF WISDOM!.
unless you wanna be perma combat bugged in the world.

instances work differently.
when a mob is aggroed, everyone inside the instance is put into combat.
however, if you're not within agro range(proximity) of the mob when the idiot pulled it.. you should be safe from it.(blizzlike function). however, if you're in proximity of the mob you will be thrown in its threat table.

I believe nost has it working incorrectly with threat tables inside an instance. (I could be wrong) but I don't recall the entire instance pulling to your group when someone aggroes a mob at the entrance and so on back in 2006/07. if its BWL and an idiot pulls a whelp running in.. expect 150 whelps to greet your raid by chromaggus and so on. ;) #nostlike
Imbaheals
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Ayag » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:30 am

I believe it is blizzlike to be in combat, in a dungeon/raid, whenever something is pulled, whatever the range. Only way out of combat is killing the mob, vanish/fd or running out. Was that what you meant ?
Ayag
Grunt
Grunt

by Imbaslap » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:38 pm

Ayag wrote:I believe it is blizzlike to be in combat, in a dungeon/raid, whenever something is pulled, whatever the range. Only way out of combat is killing the mob, vanish/fd or running out. Was that what you meant ?

sort of..
when you run out of an instance, the mobs should reset. (age old tactic)
Nost has a tendancy to not reset them once the player is no longer inside the instance.
Imbaheals
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by kanem » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:26 pm

I just read through this entire argument on whether Silent Resolve is a waste or not. If you are an Ally Priest who is in top 3 heals in your guild click off salvation and tell me if Silent Resolve is a waste. I raid horde and I need that talent so I don't have to waste a potion cd on a Lip. If I was ally I most likely wouldn't spec into it, but it is far from useless.
kanem
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by kanem » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:28 pm

Another reason to spec into holy nova range is to help with threat as well as healing people from farther away.
kanem
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Priest