Correct Healing spec.. with PI and without %Spirit=Healing

Re: Correct Healing spec.. with PI and without %Spirit=Heali

by Imbaslap » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:12 pm

tbh, the last few points are personal preference imo.

as long as you get the required PI and holy talents. everything else is fluff.

I choose not to do 5/5 due to alliance side and knowing when to Fade.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Proctologist » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:29 pm

I like 5/5, tossing out the amount of heals as I do I tend to get aggro time to time, whelps and certain trash.
Fade still gives you the threat back when it wears out, but I'm always gonna go with silent resolve as long as I'm going PvE spec.
I've tried without before but it just doesn't work that well, greater heals, prayer of heal and flash heal spamming kept me cucked a lot, the threat builds up insanely fast.. Go try healing with Zg priest trinket and greater heal without silent resolve, not that I've tried with it but gg, xx

Realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Procto
Realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Missbunbun

Let's get one thing straight... I'm not.

Hunter + Priest PvE/PvP PoV.
Proctologist
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by varth » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:05 pm

I've healed horde side with the Edge trinket, and have definitely pulled agro on bwl trash packs (tanks were confused the first time on what was going on, thought I was dpsing) and I died 1x due to fading too slow.

On the PI spec, the last 4 points in Disc IMO should go to threat reduction. How often are you mana burning really? From a pure pve perspective threat reduction just looks better since it's always working for you. Is there some fight in AQ40 when even PI priests would be dpsing? Maybe when C'thun is vulnerable or in the stomach? Then MAYBE silent resolve would be viable.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Imbaslap » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:44 pm

Proctologist wrote:I like 5/5, tossing out the amount of heals as I do I tend to get aggro time to time, whelps and certain trash.
Fade still gives you the threat back when it wears out, but I'm always gonna go with silent resolve as long as I'm going PvE spec.
I've tried without before but it just doesn't work that well, greater heals, prayer of heal and flash heal spamming kept me cucked a lot, the threat builds up insanely fast.. Go try healing with Zg priest trinket and greater heal without silent resolve, not that I've tried with it but gg, xx

I have actually with edge trinket + zhc double pop bomb gheal r1 on melee for bwl trash with 8/8 t2 free hot. I can get threat sometimes but quick reaction on fade or pre-fading after entering combat helps buy time since max rank fade does a static threat drop of about 900 or so, making it possible for you to go negative threat during the time you use it at the start.(use it after a first heal or pre-heal tick from renewing at start of a boss.) I can see silent resolve coming into play really well in 20 mans or certain encounters/trash. i'll look into it when that time comes though. I enjoy the imp mana burn and martyrdom for solo/1v1 pvp for herbing.

just a personal preference though.. but if priest's didn't know about the fade mechanic and the negative threat at start of combat and when to use it, they should check it out. it lasts long enough to allow threat build up on others.

5/8 t2 reactive fade can always prevent whelp buildup if you agro a few. 50% chance ftw.

even on Nef skellies, popping fade during it gives enough time for others to gain threat (pallies and druids).
maybe it's just me, but I enjoy watching mobs go towards a pally/druid when I fade properly. ;)

for instance, tank blood rages -> throw renew on tank, after GCD clears, pop fade max rank. -971 threat at start. with salv and 1/5 SR, you get about 34% threat reduction with a -971 static threat start. making it climb very slowly.

if anything, the 5/5 SR would be ideal for hordeside due to the lack of salv. I don't remember pulling threat on a ZG beserker since ever with this tactic. (fade during threat drop). I very rarely die at all in 40 mans as well with how much I react with fade and when to use it. 0 repair bills ftw!

even after fade drops off, you get what... 900 more threat back? by that time everyone already surpassed you on threat. if anything, you get a safe window to heal dump at the start, ensuring burst damage doesn't rip anyone.
<3 priest class. :D

edit**http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=10942 -820 threat, my bad.
Last edited by Imbaslap on Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Imbaheals
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Taladril » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:05 pm

Imbaslap wrote:popping fade during it gives enough time for others to gain threat (pallies and druids).

I didn't realize you were pure evil.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Imbaslap » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:20 pm

don't mind the rant, I just enjoy priest class. :)

silent resolve 5/5 would be too OP for me personally. but I may switch to it in later content or when pallies/druids learn a threat drop. :twisted:
Imbaheals
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Ayag » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:51 am

Hehe you're kinda joining my toughts :)
Reducing threat is not about overaggroing your MT in 99% of the cases, it's about having the trash/adds/aoe packs/etc NOT going for you when they go for healers :)
But yeah Silent Resolve has more value on horde side than alliance for sure.

5/8 T2 is insanely good and convenient I'm starting to miss it. It often is a underrated set bonus.
Ayag
Grunt
Grunt

by Healyheals » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:52 pm

I think your math is off a bit. I did it a few months ago looking at a current content full BiS geared priest (to max PI build's potential value gain from +% mana), and you were still losing around +150 heal on average over the holy build. It's not terrible, but that's a lot of healing to lose, and you're talking like PI build is "the best" for the coming progression content. It's not.

PI is great for burst content such as huhu/Cthun, and apparently it's fantastic for fire mages for stacking ignite since the +20% applies to the entire stack if you PI the first mage that crits if you keep that stack rolling. At the moment my guilds current plan for AQ is 2 8/8 priests full holy, 1-2 PI priests, and one max +healing full holy for max renew ticks.

^this
Healyheals
Private
Private

by Imbaslap » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:32 pm

I think its more about what you are willing to sacrifice in healing to boost others in your raid..
I do enjoy SG and SH for OP heals but PI for a caster really pays off at times.

I think its a nice little boost. the only concern I have is how to apply 2-3 priests in the build during next content when raid damage goes up more.
Imbaheals
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Proctologist » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:15 pm

In my guild it's better to use PI spec compared to Holy, why? Because we get through the content so effectively once we've begun, and our healers such as NOPE's are rapid and self-aware.
Sure your healing output would be higher, and the downtime would probably be the same considering you're popping runes and mana pots on CD if you have to to keep up(*cough* I try to cut myself some slack there cuz I'm.. Procto)

Idk how to put it but we do things with such precision in current content that we don't need to think about minmaxing our own +healing in regards to PI vs. Holy, it's better for us to assist casters with our utilities such as PI.
We ran this spec on our previous server too for progression in AQ and it was a blast.
In comparison to retail vanilla we actually have the gear to afford less +healing and we have the expertise to execute this spec better than we would holy... It was brought up a littlea bove me but PI on a mage and let that mage get the initial ignite tick? Keep that going? All these little things combined add up.
In my case even that ''silly'' 5/5 silent resolve, Fade isn't always going to be around and sometimes you won't expect that bug on twins or those whelps in BWL to suddenly chew the living pixel shit out of you in a heartbeat, where would you put them otherwise for raiding/PvE?

Imbaheal made a great explanation for that however, so.. Sure you can put them in 2/2 martyrdom and imp MB.. And 5/8 t2 seems rather bugged here and procs all the time when I get hit(Yes I run 5/8 as well along with zg shoulders+trinket, firemaw clutch and boots of pure thought.

There ARE certain moments when some more healing would've helped us in a few fuck-ups from healers but that problem is so miniscule it doesn't make it up for discussion in my book.

That's probably all I got to say, there's probably some flaws in my writing but I wasn't really spellchecking!
cooking
<3

Realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Procto
Realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Missbunbun

Let's get one thing straight... I'm not.

Hunter + Priest PvE/PvP PoV.
Proctologist
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Priest