Empathius Leveling Build

Empathius Leveling Build

by Forcerius » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:40 pm

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bVZcxtobbZxM - Sharing this because I think its underrated and underconsidered by the majority of priests below 40, including me. And the last couple points are up to you.

I've leveled a few priests (don't ask), and always went shadow automatically after 5/5 imp wand. However, when you actually look at the talents, you'll notice that shadow offers little to no benefit for leveling since the speed at which you level is entirely based on damage and efficiency, while survival talents should be minimal and only taken if necessary. This build gives me maximum damage until a respec at 40 since I usually open with holy fire. You also get another instant heal with holy nova (not to mention how fun it is) along with 15% bonus renew, and better healing in instances.

You could argue that holy should be ignored entirely but even if you open with mind blast, the shadow talents don't give you anything except unnecessary utility or less resists since mind flay sucks before 40. So consider this build and I hope it helps.

Peace,
Empathius
studyquran.org/resources/Quran_Reformist_Translation.pdf
Submission to God alone and doing good work is the only path to Paradise.
Peace be upon you.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Empathius Leveling Build

by Imbaslap » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:59 pm

whatever gives the most efficiency and least amount of downtime for leveling worked for me. I did part disc up to meditation and inner focus first then over to shadow for more solo dps. as for healing dungeons, it shouldn't be that excruciating to do as a non holy spec priest.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Forcerius » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:48 pm

Imbaslap wrote:whatever gives the most efficiency and least amount of downtime for leveling worked for me. I did part disc up to meditation and inner focus first then over to shadow for more solo dps. as for healing dungeons, it shouldn't be that excruciating to do as a non holy spec priest.

Right, its about efficiency and minimizing downtime. However, if you put all your points into defensive abilities then that would minimize downtime and appear to be efficient, but actually be less efficient in the long run since you're sacrificing damage. Assuming the same efficiency can be maintained without those defensive talents (constantly farming without running oom, which spirit tap allows you to do even without imp shield). So its worth avoiding redundant defense to increase offense.

I thought about going up to inner focus but it doesn't seem worth it because you have to waste points in talents that don't improve your damage for an ability with a cooldown that only works on a single cast. Instead of using those points in holy for 5% crit and 10% dmg or otherwise.

I healed as shadow until 40+ just fine, but with this build you'll have the same amount of damage, if not more as long as you're using holy fire, and its safer and easier to heal with holy nova / imp renew etc.
studyquran.org/resources/Quran_Reformist_Translation.pdf
Submission to God alone and doing good work is the only path to Paradise.
Peace be upon you.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Enslin » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:45 am

leveled few priests as well, but its the first time i think of holy talent tree this way. seems very nice. But, why dont you pick shadow focus? why do you think holy talents are better then improved mind blast? :\ many questions remain. but seems viable
Enslin <Winter Chill> t2 hpriest
Galkovsky <Winter Chill> fdruid
Enslin
Private
Private

Return to Priest