About Priest Leveling

Re: About Priest Leveling

by Sonett » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Thank you both for your answers, I kind of expected this would be the case. I never bothered picking up holy fire as my damage rotation didn't feel like it needed it, and I knew I'd stop levelling smite as I got deeper into the shadow tree. I do currently love healing through the odd dungeon run so I'll make sure all my heals are up to scratch. I know mind soothe / vision seem like a novelty but both of them have been a huge help when solo questing or scouting through mobs in a dungeon. I guess I'll just have to focus more on farming from mobs, unless anyone has any additional gold saving tips?
Sonett
Tester

by hvee » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:21 am

Sonett wrote:Thank you both for your answers, I kind of expected this would be the case. I never bothered picking up holy fire as my damage rotation didn't feel like it needed it, and I knew I'd stop levelling smite as I got deeper into the shadow tree. I do currently love healing through the odd dungeon run so I'll make sure all my heals are up to scratch. I know mind soothe / vision seem like a novelty but both of them have been a huge help when solo questing or scouting through mobs in a dungeon. I guess I'll just have to focus more on farming from mobs, unless anyone has any additional gold saving tips?

As a continuation from what you said in your previous post, sell EVERYTHING you find on the AH aside from grey items. Even the most mundane things. I can't tell you how much gold I've made while leveling by selling "Tangy Clam Meat" and other miscellaneous items. Greens, for the most part, aren't usually worth selling on the AH due to the deposit required but you can definitely make a decent chunk of change off any "of ____ Wrath" (spell damage) and "of the Monkey/Bear" items.
hvee
Tester

by Kramer » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:04 pm

If i can afford to buy "shadow wrath" gear + possibly even enchant something like staff of the shade - http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=2549 -, with 40 spelldmg(enchant), should i still focus on spirit over shadow spell dmg while leveling?
Kramer
Grunt
Grunt

by MrG8 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:44 pm

gotmilk0112 wrote:
durabigael wrote:I ve leveled a priest back in vanila.

Here what i did. And i loved it, try to Max spirit

1-5 Improve Wand
6-10 Spirit Tap
11-15 Holy specialization (5% crit is a lot , even on smite or holy fire)
16-20 Divine Fury (cast healing and smite faster)
21-23 Improve Renew
24-25 Healing Focus
26-27 Searing Light (To boost those Holy Dmg)
28-29 Holy Reach
30 Holy Nova (For those annoying rogue)
31-35 Spiritual guidance ( 25% spirit into spell dmg and heal + Spirit tap , is amazing)
36 Spirit of redemption (I love that spell in pvp , can change a whole fight)
37-51 Do whatever u want

The reason of that spec , you can Fully heal in instance without any problem, If you quest Improve Wand , spirit tap and spiritual guidance + all those bonus toward smite and holy fire help you a lot.

If you do this though, you're going to be drinking every other mob. It's commonly agreed that when leveling a Priest, the overall fastest way is to just use SWP and wands, rather than using lots of spells. 5% crit and cast time reduction on Smite is bad because you shouldn't be using those as your main damage source, you should be wanding.

You can heal dungeons perfectly fine as shadow. As long as your tank is wearing a shield, you shouldn't have problems.

Also lol @ Spirit of Redemption...in PvP? In battlegrounds maybe, but 1v1 world pvp it's completely useless.

Who said you want to level as fast as possible? Then you go play regular WOW and get boost to max level? :lol: :lol: Thanks for the guide!
MrG8
Tester

by Mojjehaxor » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:51 am

So im planning on going priest.
I really like holy healing and will prob be doing alot of dungeons and grouping. But since my schedule is fucked up i want to be able to do some soloing aswell.
Is a build that looks like this fine? at lvl 40 i think ill prob go full shadow or holy, depending on how much dungeons or questing i´m actually doing.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bVZoxtcRZxM
Going with wand and shadow stuff first.
Mojjehaxor
Tester

Previous

Return to Priest