Holy Priest BiS

Re: Holy Priest BiS

by res » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:30 pm

Jeniwyn wrote:So, after a few weeks of recording data I've updated my own personal stat weights. I thought I should share.

My data suggests that my estimated average FSR%, Interval between heals and my Flash Heal% of heals cast are as follows for fight lengths from 1 to 10 mins.

Mins...FSR%....Interval...FH%

Using these values, the straight up calculations give me the following Heal Equivalent values for the different stats and fight lengths. Note that this is before Blessing of Kings and the Human racial. Int and Spi values should be multiplied by 1.1 if you are Alliance and Spi with and additional 1.05 if you are Human.

Mins.....1.........2.........3.........4.........5.........6.........7.........8.........9.........10
Int.........3.40....2.00....1.50....1.22....1.05....0.92....0.82....0.75....0.69....0.64
Spirit.....0.76....0.93....1.09....1.23....1.35....1.46....1.54....1.61....1.66....1.70
Mp5......2.65....3.07....3.39....3.65....3.85....4.01....4.14....4.25....4.34....4.41

If you do not have 3-set Transcendence, these are my spirit values:
Spirit.....0.52....0.67....0.82....0.95....1.07....1.18....1.26....1.33....1.38....1.42

Personally I'm not a huge fan of crit except for that it gives my tank a sweet armor buff. In my experience, it just tends to lead to a lot of overhealing on non-tanks, especially casters. I personally just give it a flat rate amount of 5 and move on. (That value is incorporated in the int valuation here since 59.5 int = 1 crit) I've considered going into more depth about it but for now I've left it there.

It might be prudent to adjust a bit for the fact that +healing provides you with bigger max-size heals and that is a clear benefit over the mana stats at times. How much you want to increase the value of +healing to compensate for that is a very open question though. I toy around with this a lot myself. And obviously, mana becomes worthless in the 1 min fights when you have enough mana to spam max rank heals and still have mana left over. Use good judgment.

I hope you can make use of this data to optimize your BiS list, res. And I'd strongly suggest that you change your 15 min list to a 10 min list. Many fights are in that neighborhood of length, almost none in the 15 min range.

Yes, this looks very promising, even though these are very personal statistics, they make perfect sense (at least to me).

Fights under 2 minutes are almost exclusively inside the 5 second rule with the priest using a lot of flash heals. During longer encounters you use more mana efficient heals while spending more time outside of the 5 second rule to catch up on mana (the fact that you are currently one of the top healers according to realmplayers adds more credibility to your findings, since it implies that you are using a pretty optimal play style, at least relative to other priests).

If you can send me the more technical stuff, like how you calculated how much stats were worth relative to each other (worth of +healing compared to other stats for example) etc. and I'll take a look.

I've been meaning to do a "graph" that shows how stats change value depending on the duration of encounters, but it wasn't very accurate.

I agree that the 15 minute list doesn't really correlate to any encounter in game, it was just how I started off. (basing everything of healing straight for 15 minutes), and when people complained about fights being mostly 2 minutes in Molten Core I added the 2 minute list.
I'll probably change it soon™.

(What would be the best way to present something like this? I'm thinking 1-3 lists (example: 2min,5min,10min), and one page that shows stat worths and a graph that shows how the stats change during the duration of a fight, the biggest problem with this is of course that not every uses the same play style, but I think it would still be a big improvement from the current stat weights which currently assume you're always casting.)

I'd love to hear what other people think about this.
res
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Jeniwyn » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 am

Um, I'm not sure if I have all the regressions left that I used to approximate the FSR% etc, but I have the raw data and all the calculations afterwards. I can give you access to that tomorrow. Edit: You have IM

I should also point out that the values might change slightly, even drastically, as I put in more fights. I'd consider these values a first crude estimation nothing more. Don't be fooled by the precision of the estimated values!

res wrote:I've been meaning to do a "graph" that shows how stats change value depending on the duration of encounters, but it wasn't very accurate.

I have something like that in my excel document, but it is for the different slots not for the stats.

res wrote:the fact that you are currently one of the top healers according to realmplayers adds more credibility to your findings, since it implies that you are using a pretty optimal play style, at least relative to other priests

*blush*

res wrote:(What would be the best way to present something like this? I'm thinking 1-3 lists (example: 2min,5min,10min).

That sounds very reasonable.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by utamaru » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:01 am

I'm a 59 UD priest now, and i've got several items I don't see anywhere on your list, even though they appear to be better/comparable to a few of the ones listed. Links:
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11932
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11841

I've also managed to pick up some Atal'ai gloves of healing, with 53 +healing on them. I was pretty pleased with the RNG gods when they dropped :)
utamaru
Tester

by Ana » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:38 am

Delete your WDB and the stats on your items again.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by utamaru » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:08 pm

Haha, how embarrassing. Thanks alot, this explains some weirdness i had been experiencing. I will still keep these items in the bank i guess.

Still, the gloves did not change, and i'm very pleased about that.
E: This is getting more and more embarrasing the longer i think about this. I've clearly needed on stuff that wasn't even a slight upgrade, or even usable for me at all. Thanks again, this should cut down on embarrassing situations at 60 drastically : )
utamaru
Tester

by Ana » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:33 pm

For the records these items will get upgraded... eventually. :) It's useful to delete WDB folder every now and then to make sure you're up to date on what stats the items on the server actually have.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by PanTheSatyr » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:18 am

I have been having no luck getting DM runs to get my pre-raid BiS gear. I literally log on the game for hours LFG for DM E,W or N and I have gotten exactly one DM:W run in three days. This is really depressing considering how many 60's are on Nost PvP.

(Granted, this is an alt, but I want to get him geared up to pug some T1 raids!)
PvP Realm
Malachic - Lv 60 Mage (Frost)
Malapriest - Lv 60 Priest (Heals)
Malahunt - Lv 60 Hunter (Bang/Twang)

♫ Dance with Pan and Drink with Bacchus! ♫
PanTheSatyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ana » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:12 pm

That's because DM is a shithole in the middle of nowhere, and nobody wants to go there unless they absolutely have to. Oh, and anyone except healers has a total of one item to get from there (from all 3 wings together, that is)
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by res » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:51 pm

I probably won't be able to do any changes/updates to the list in time for Zul'Gurub - sorry!
I will also try to do an overhaul sometime in the future like I stated earlier in the thread, it's just that I've been pretty busy lately.

You can still post items/changes that will come into effect with Zul'Gurub, since I will read through it all when I do get around to it - but as I said I wont be able to update the list for some time.
res
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by PanTheSatyr » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:48 pm

Ana wrote:That's because DM is a shithole in the middle of nowhere, and nobody wants to go there unless they absolutely have to. Oh, and anyone except healers has a total of one item to get from there (from all 3 wings together, that is)

I ran Tribute many times on my Mage to get the staff, and usually there is at least one piece PER WING that dps/tanks want.
PvP Realm
Malachic - Lv 60 Mage (Frost)
Malapriest - Lv 60 Priest (Heals)
Malahunt - Lv 60 Hunter (Bang/Twang)

♫ Dance with Pan and Drink with Bacchus! ♫
PanTheSatyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Priest