Holy Priest BiS

Re: Holy Priest BiS

by res » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:07 pm

Jeniwyn wrote:I think this has been brought up before, but the assumption of 100% time inside the five second rule and spells landing at the interval of their cast time isn't even close to a realistic assumption outside of 1 min fights.

I have my own little private BiS list, it isn't even close to publishing worthy at the time however because it is unordered and have a ton of flexible variables going on, and it differs a lot from yours in many places. Mainly because of said assumptions. If you relax those assumptions you will get a much better list.

That's true, but that could vary a lot between fights and even during the same fight can vary a lot.
For example Chromaggus you'd probably be casting 80% of the time if you are dispelling/main tank healing, however because of the stun you're kind of forced out of the 5 second rule randomly during the fight.

A lot of fights vary a lot like this - but in different ways, so that's 20+ encounters where you will be outside the 5 second rule different amount of times.
The main difference would be that spirit would be valued more and maybe healing valued a bit less.

But how much?
You'd have to make a list for every single encounter in the game to have it be accurate when accounting for time spent outside 5 second rule.

How should I estimate how much time you spend inside the 5 second rule?
res
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Jeniwyn » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:42 am

While giving a definitve answer isn't really feasable for the reasons you've yourself stated what we can say with reasonable certainty is that 100% and 2.5s intervals isn't reflective of reality in most fights that aren't super short and intensive. I'm going to try to log my next BWL run somehow as a reference.

My guess is that my fsr percent will be almost 100% on Flamegor (Vael doesn't count) and 75 to 90% on the rest. My own calculations currently assume 85% and 3.75 interval for the average 3 min fight. But that is based on 10 yo data and deserves an update bigtime.

In really long fights, like your 15 min benchmark, the values are going to be even further from 100 and 2.5.

Further, I am almost certainly in the minority here but I actually switch gear on trash, automatically. If my mana is below 80% and I'm not in combat Itemrack equips my "regen" set and once its at 97% again it puts on my "normal" set. Thus I get the benefits of a larger manapool in bossfights and when I get time to drink on trash and the benefit of more regen and healing when I don't get to drink. I strongly recommend this.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by varth » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:26 pm

What mod do you use that swaps gear like that?
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Jeniwyn » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:04 pm

The addon is called ItemRack. It comes with a few built-in events, but I didn't find those to be good enough so I custom made my own.

I could post it here on the priest forums when I come home tonight.

EDIT: Ok, here are my events.

Name: ManaArmorSwitch
Trigger: UNIT_MANA
Delay: 0

if not UnitAffectingCombat("player") and UnitMana("player")/UnitManaMax("player") < .8 then
Rack.EquipSet("regenarmor")
elseif not UnitAffectingCombat("player") and UnitMana("player")/UnitManaMax("player") > .95 then
Rack.EquipSet("normalarmor")
end

Name: ManaWeaponSwitch
Trigger: UNIT_MANA
Delay: 0

if UnitMana("player")/UnitManaMax("player") < .9 then
Rack.EquipSet("regenweapons")
elseif UnitMana("player")/UnitManaMax("player") > .97 then
Rack.EquipSet("normalweapons")
end

OBS! If you have a huge difference in Int between the sets .8 and .9 in the code would have to be reduced so that you don't end up just switching back and forth indefinitely. That happens if 80% of "normal" is more than 95% of "regen". OBS!

The sets "regenarmor" and "normalarmor" include all slots excepts weapons. The sets "regenweapons" and "normalweapons" include weapons. They are separated because weapons can be changed in combat.

You can obviously exclude slots (for example trinkets) from the armorsets if you wanna handle them manually, with their own events or with trinketmenu.

EDIT: After making the events you must enable them. You do this by clicking the "?" icon of the event and choosing a set, any set it doesn't matter at all. When both events are activated check the "Enable Events" box and you are good to go.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:17 pm

this is the dumbest shit I've ever seen about a class.
robe of the archmage is a mage only robe. why the fuck is that even on the spread sheet? did the person have his brain transplanted with a cow when they made this thread?
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Jeniwyn » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:36 pm

Imbaslap wrote:this is the dumbest shit I've ever seen about a class.
robe of the archmage is a mage only robe. why the fuck is that even on the spread sheet?

It isn't. You might be seeing things.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:33 am

Jeniwyn wrote:
Imbaslap wrote:this is the dumbest shit I've ever seen about a class.
robe of the archmage is a mage only robe. why the fuck is that even on the spread sheet?

It isn't. You might be seeing things.

wrong bis list. >.>
but srsly though, this is pretty clear cut on how to be an avg geared priest.
realistically, no one will have access to a good portion of these items from the raids and world bosses.
another factor is how undervalued 8/8 t2 is (when it is fixed and actually working correctly/not bugged to be a downgrade)

considering ZG is around the corner, the +healing trinkets give lots of value to the double hot stacking of renews.

also, any priest that runs shard of scale on vael should uninstall right now. Trinket swapping should be considered more instead of shooting for the top 2 trinkets of rejuv gem/shard. (also doubt shard is better then running rejuv+DM trinket as you gain 99 heal+9mp5 over 66heal+20mp5 in a 2min fight., maybe for 15min it could be.)

also the value of crit is undervalued or misconstrued since the only effect it has with high amounts is healing effectiveness by boosting the +heal amount of your critical casts. (even more important for tank healing style priests for inspiration). Crit should never take precedence over +heal but it is a nice bonus to get. a crit and +heal set would be amazing for vael fight though in a perfect world. (zhc/eye of beast/rejuv gem)

imo, this is a run of the mill avg bis list for a typical raid healing priest who would go for any +heal gear in raids(should just delete the offset spell dmg gear since it will almost be unobtainable until content is completely farmed and it rots or you find better(choker of firelord for example)).

6/10 list.

"being BiS geared doesn't mean you're a BiS player" ;)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Kjepp » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:49 am

Res has never claimed that this list is "the list" when it comes to gearing. As you say yourself, gearing depends alot on the scenario. He has also said that the stat weights are up for discussion, so if you want to contribute you are free to do so.
Kjepp
Grunt
Grunt

by Euronymous » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:01 am

People throwing accusations left and right with a condescending tone on a list designed to include all your possible options and not take into account the specifics of each fight.
Come up with your own stat weights with the actual math to back it up if you wanna be constructive.
Euronymous
Grunt
Grunt

by Jeniwyn » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:53 am

So, after a few weeks of recording data I've updated my own personal stat weights. I thought I should share.

I should also point out that the values might change slightly, even drastically, as I put in more fights. I'd consider these values a first crude estimation nothing more. Don't be fooled by the precision of the estimated values! That said, I think they are a good place to start for anyone who wants a ballpark figure.

My data suggests that my estimated average FSR%, Interval between heals and my Flash Heal% of heals cast are as follows for fight lengths from 1 to 10 mins.

Mins...FSR%....Interval...FH%

Using these values, the straight up calculations give me the following Heal Equivalent values for the different stats and fight lengths. Note that this is before Blessing of Kings and the Human racial. Int and Spi values should be multiplied by 1.1 if you are Alliance and Spi with and additional 1.05 if you are Human.

Mins.....1.........2.........3.........4.........5.........6.........7.........8.........9.........10
Int.........3.40....2.00....1.50....1.22....1.05....0.92....0.82....0.75....0.69....0.64
Spirit.....0.76....0.93....1.09....1.23....1.35....1.46....1.54....1.61....1.66....1.70
Mp5......2.65....3.07....3.39....3.65....3.85....4.01....4.14....4.25....4.34....4.41

If you do not have 3-set Transcendence, these are my spirit values:
Spirit.....0.52....0.67....0.82....0.95....1.07....1.18....1.26....1.33....1.38....1.42

Personally I'm not a huge fan of crit except for that it gives my tank a sweet armor buff. In my experience, it just tends to lead to a lot of overhealing on non-tanks, especially casters. I personally just give it a flat rate amount of 5 and move on. (That value is incorporated in the int valuation here since 59.5 int = 1 crit) I've considered going into more depth about it but for now I've left it there.

It might be prudent to adjust a bit for the fact that +healing provides you with bigger max-size heals and that is a clear benefit over the mana stats at times. How much you want to increase the value of +healing to compensate for that is a very open question though. I toy around with this a lot myself. And obviously, mana becomes worthless in the 1 min fights when you have enough mana to spam max rank heals and still have mana left over. Use good judgment.

I hope you can make use of this data to optimize your BiS list, res. And I'd strongly suggest that you change your 15 min list to a 10 min list. Many fights are in that neighborhood of length, almost none in the 15 min range.
Last edited by Jeniwyn on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Priest