Holy Priest BiS

Re: Holy Priest BiS

by Wrathos » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:40 pm

Does it take long to get a set of this stuff from the dungeons?
New to vanilla, so kinda confused why some of the stuff there is green quality or lower level than the devout set :?
Wrathos
Private
Private

by AntiWani » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:52 am

So I'm pretty sure I accidently vendored my spirit of aquamentas instead of putting it in the bank. Is that big of a deal or is it easily replaceable?
AntiWani
Tester

by varth » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:42 pm

That's a huge deal if the item patch isn't soon. The spirit OH is by far the best offhand in the game, it's pretty much 50 mp/5 if you are chain casting lower rank heals (which you should be). The second best is the orb from tribute chest.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by res » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:41 pm

AntiWani wrote:So I'm pretty sure I accidently vendored my spirit of aquamentas instead of putting it in the bank. Is that big of a deal or is it easily replaceable?

As far as I know that item will get changed this Saturday, so it will only be a big deal for about a week.

Wrathos wrote:Does it take long to get a set of this stuff from the dungeons?
New to vanilla, so kinda confused why some of the stuff there is green quality or lower level than the devout set :?

The only answer I have is that the itemization wasn't very optimized, and blizzard undervalued some stats that turned out to be really powerful, such as healing, mana reduction on items and MP5 while overvaluing stats that are kind of mediocre for healers such as crit and intellect, that means that sometimes really low level items were actually better than epics from raids.

For example take these 2 off-hands:
Eye of Paleth is a quest reward from a quest that is around level 20. It has 12 healing.

Book of the Dead is an epic drop from one of the hardest level 60 5-man instances, and it has 15 intellect and 10 spirit.

These items are pretty much on par with each other when it comes to just raw healing power.
Clearly Blizzard didn't value healing very highly when the game was initially released, and instead chose to emphasise on raw "basic stats" such as intellect and spirit which can be found on almost all high level caster items.
res
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by kyubey » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:14 am

Hey, how come you haven't enlisted http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13960
It's p good.
Don't play cookie clicker.
kyubey
Grunt
Grunt

by Triggerhippy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:24 pm

Not that it really matters because it's bottom of the OH list, but the Spellbound Tome from Scholomance is so bad that it really shouldn't be there at all. People might see it on the list and not having any other take it.

It's beaten by the Cloud Stone, Landslide, Maraudon, +10 int, +10 spirit = 10.115 HEP
It's even beaten by Orb of Lorica, SM end Q reward, +6 int, +11 spirit = 9.6265 HEP
Triggerhippy
Private
Private

by res » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:23 pm

Triggerhippy wrote:Not that it really matters because it's bottom of the OH list, but the Spellbound Tome from Scholomance is so bad that it really shouldn't be there at all. People might see it on the list and not having any other take it.

It's beaten by the Cloud Stone, Landslide, Maraudon, +10 int, +10 spirit = 10.115 HEP
It's even beaten by Orb of Lorica, SM end Q reward, +6 int, +11 spirit = 9.6265 HEP

I added a few off-hands to the list - above the Spellbound tome, but it got me thinking.

Where should I draw the line?

Surely I can't list EVERY single item in the game that a priest can use, maybe the 15 best items in every slot is a good limit, because that is pretty liberal.

Something that I will have to address in a few "patches" is the T2 3-set bonus. When you have this bonus spirit becomes a lot more valuable, and I'm thinking of implementing another row that shows items healing values with the T2 3-set bonus.

The only problem is that I already have 2 rows of values, so by adding this to both of them I would have 4 different healing values and every item would have 4 different rankings.

I don't know if anyone else uses my value (PHP), but I created it by calculating how much "healing" every stat was worth based on mana, because I felt that the HEP stat undervalued important stats such as MP5 and Spirit, it's probably not perfect, but it's how I estimate how good an item is and is based on the HEP system.

Maybe it's time to switch to just one of the values in preperation for the Release of T2 and BWL, but I don't want to change it if the opinion is split, or change it to something that nobody values.

another solution would be if somebody out there is interested in theory-crafting and wants to estimate how much every stat is worth in relation to each other, I welcome you all to try to create a better system that we can use as a standard.
res
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by kyubey » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:16 am

This babe is apparently updated to different stats. I just deleted WDB again this morning.

P.S.
res wrote:I don't know if anyone else uses my value (PHP)

I agree with your values more. I think crit is overrated by a bit and spirit mp5 underrated in the HEP
Attachments
zsd.PNG
zsd.PNG (107.69 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
Don't play cookie clicker.
kyubey
Grunt
Grunt

by Sethzer » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:07 am

Should also list this item: Robes of the Royal Crown
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11924

It's in a pre-buffed state atm, but would still be 9th best chest (its stats ingame are 3 AGI, 5 STA, 9 INT, 29 SPI) at around 27.9 PHP

EDIT: Also missing Haunting Specter Leggings
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11929

12 int and 28 spi equals 28.3912 PHP and would rank 9th overall
Sethzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Trum » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:26 am

This item is now available : http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=18536

7intel 6mp5 = 24.0457

Should be 3rd OH.
<Phoenix>