Pre-raid Tankadin LF Raiding Guild

Guilds information & recruitment - For the King !

Pre-raid Tankadin LF Raiding Guild

by TheFishyOne » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:25 am

'ey guys.

I am a Paladin, and would like to join your guild's Tank Corps. I have studied the fine art of Pallytanking with several of the server's finest Pallies, and have a full set of pre-raid gear, with a few odd pieces from ZG and Ony thrown in for good measure. I have Raid tanking experience in ZG, mostly as an OT, but have MT'd Hakkar, as well as OT experience in MC, and am a regular Whelp tank in Ony pugs.

I understand that Prot Pallies aren't the best choice to tank every single boss in the game, but on many, we are quite serviceable. We are like Bears, in that regard, not strictly necessary, but we bring unique tools to a raid that can turn a 3 hour slog into a clean 1 1/2 hour clear. I bring consumables to every raid I do, including pugs, and fill in many of the gaps in my class's toolkit by being a 300 Gnomish Engineer. I work around Threat issues with a regimen of caster consumables (Pallies tank through spelldmg), and Mana issues by chain chugging Major Manas and Dark Runes. As a hybrid, I never leave Ironforge without a full set of Healing gear and know that, sometimes, I need to throw it on for a fight or two when another Healer/Cleansebot would be better than another Tank, just like how Prot Wars sometimes have to slap on their Fury gear for a fight or two.

I am well aware, too, that my choice of role and class is not min/max optimal. This is also ten year old content. If you tryhard on raid bosses that were old and cold at the end of the last decade, and approach raiding on Nost with a Gearscore mentality, I am not the Pally for you. If you believe Taunt actually matters on boss fights that are not designed with a tank swap mechanic, I am not the Pally for you. If you are looking for a Healer who carries around a set of tank gear that he uses on two, maybe three pulls and then sits in the back for the rest of the raid, start giving one of your Healadins tank gear. I worked hard to gear my toon as a Tank, and learn to do the job with an unconventional class. I will take my place in the back when I am ready, and I am not ready.

If you are a t1 raiding guild, or even a new guild looking to start raiding and in need of more Tanks, and are willing to be a bit unconventional now that its 2016, and we understand the game so much better now, send me a forum PM or PST to Geofram to talk about the app process, if your guild has one. I usually log out in my tank gear, so feel free to look at my RealmPlayers page. If you raid with a Ret Pally, I urge you to consider a Tankadin, as a Ret Pally in the tank group will boost the Prot Pally's threat significantly, as well as give him a bit more freedom in his rotation.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Alliance guilds headquarters