<Insomnia> PvP/PvE (US/EU) Recruitment

Guilds information & recruitment - For the King !

Re: <Insomnia> PvP/PvE (US/EU) Recruitment

by beviplex » Mon May 18, 2015 9:34 pm

I'm in this guild and I must say that so far they are really friendly guild with lots of skilled players who wants to help! My recommendations for them!
beviplex
Tester

by CodyMueller » Sun May 24, 2015 12:27 am

I was in this guild for about a week or so, I experience some helpfulness and nice people. Others were VERY rude and would constantly troll or contradict anything I would say. I was told by one of the GM's that "This is not the place for you then." after replying why are you guys being rude and trolling me? Not the atmosphere that was advertised and I would not recommend joining a group that does not value its members.
CodyMueller
Grunt
Grunt

by Dawnconnor » Sun May 24, 2015 2:08 am

CodyMueller wrote:I was in this guild for about a week or so, I experience some helpfulness and nice people. Others were VERY rude and would constantly troll or contradict anything I would say. I was told by one of the GM's that "This is not the place for you then." after replying why are you guys being rude and trolling me? Not the atmosphere that was advertised and I would not recommend joining a group that does not value its members.

Here's my side of the story, at least from what happened today and what I saw:

tl;dr banter during a discussion on the name of Deadmines (DM vs VS) causes an issue; the guild atmosphere here, as I usually describe it, requires an immature maturity. I don't mind playful banter, but I do mind heated arguments and malicious behaviour. Please ask me questions about the guild before you join so you know if you belong here or not. It's hard for me to explain everything before people join. I hold respect for all of the people here, and I hope everyone else in the guild shares my feelings. I want you all to join the right guild for you.

I am likely going to miss out some things so bear with me. Please ask me any questions you have, and I'll gladly answer them.

The group of people here at Insomnia are a group that like to poke fun at each other. I don't run a PC guild, neither do I tolerate anything that would not be construed as friendly banter. I would hope that everyone in the guild holds respect for each other, and I can typically discern when it's not such a playful tone. I do my best to let everyone know what the guild is about before they join, and I really do encourage you to ask me questions if you are interested. There is only so much I can remember to explain to people before they join; I do not just want people, but I want people who fit in with the group we have and are in the guild they're looking for.

The discussion was about VC versus DM as a name, and I think it was brought up because Cody was asking to run it. Most of the people in the guild are higher level, and we've all heard the whole "lol ur level 20 you cant run dm" and "its vc not dm" since the start of the server. Some of the people that were talking about it made fun of the VC idea, or were joking around or whatever. I honestly don't quite remember, but they didn't take it seriously because, again, we've all heard it before.

Cody called everyone dumb, and it seemed he was flustered and not joking around - also evidenced by his post here, and his quitting the guild. I told him that maybe this wasn't the place for him. Not only was he not particularly getting along with some of the people here and our atmosphere, but he is also one of the very few low levels in our guild. I can see how it was taken wrong, but I only hope the best for people. This isn't the guild for everyone, and so I encourage people to make sure they're in the right place when they come here. I really do encourage low levels to join a proper leveling guild and not ours.

Cody says that guild mates would constantly harass him, and this I wouldn't know because I can't be on all of the time - though I'm on particularly a lot. The instance described is the only instance that I've heard of a dispute, so I would hope that if Cody had issues previously, he would have told me. Again, I would hope that if there's an issue with any member of Insomnia that someone send me a message with a screenshot of what happened. Talk to me man. I consider myself reasonable, and I'm sure we can work something out.
Dawnconnor
Tester

by Spektrax » Sun May 24, 2015 6:12 pm

I have just started playing on the server and have to say that it is awesome so far. I have never played vanilla until now. I started playing in Cata and played until a couple months into WoD. The game got too easy. I always heard people say how hard it was to play in vanilla and I finally heard about this server decided to join it.

I am only level 5 right now on my mage, but I really like the way you have your guild setup. Once I hit 25 I will definitely come and talk to you guys.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK!

IGN: Eradicator
Spektrax
Tester

by Desaad » Mon May 25, 2015 2:26 pm

I'm interested in joining this guild. I'm new to the server but plan on staying and raiding. Currently I'm playing a paladin (Vioxx) that I plan on healing with. I played a Mage through all the major raids from vanilla to cata. I also healed as a resto shaman in cata and mop at which point I stopped playing retail. If an officer could get back to me id appreciate it. Thanks.
Desaad
Tester

Previous

Return to Alliance guilds headquarters